Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by Preacher7
Didn't get instant approval. What's the best number to call to see if the process can be sped up?
same here. the screen with the pending approval said to call 1-800-404-1319 Monday to Friday, 8am-9pm. there's a reference # on it, and it said (for us) credit analyst is reviewing the file

but this morning i got a GCR pending rebate email

does that mean its been approved? We were going to call mbna today but my fiancee really dislikes calling and i have to remind her every time about the discounted travel to get her going
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Cerenity
same here. the screen with the pending approval said to call 1-800-404-1319 Monday to Friday, 8am-9pm. there's a reference # on it, and it said (for us) credit analyst is reviewing the file

does that mean its been approved? We were going to call mbna today but my fiancee really dislikes calling and i have to remind her every time about the discounted travel to get her going
I'd simply call to make sure
It's very easy with Ref #, they can tell you for sure and you'll know for sure
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Cerenity

Similar, but our screen said to call 1-877-428-6060
- 1 for English
- 2 to check the status of previously submitted application
- phone number used during the application
- and 4 digit YYYY of DOB

...always fails to "properly identify you" and then puts you on hold for the 'next available analyst'. Have your reference number ready.

As for the GCR rebate appearing the next day after application:
In our case, wife and I both got the GCR rebate email the next day. Her card came in the mail by the next week. Mine was stuck in purgatory, till I called in to get it manually yanked out of the queue-for-manual-application-re-entry. i.e., we both thought for sure we were approved, and we were...but mine fell into the land-mine of 'broken applications'. Same/similar situation as experienced during Oct/Nov 2014, after MBNA switched to TD servers. The rep hinted that it had something to do with failing to properly re-use my previous credit info, from prior card application.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I tried applying online with different browser different computers: Blank page after clicking continue

So I called and did phone application. 10 days later I called back they can't find my application anywhere. And since I did phone application there was no ref number. Ended up calling again last week applying again. Let's see how it goes this time....

How could you guys applying through GCR?...I couldn't even get the application through with human application....:-/
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by pl840502
I tried applying online with different browser different computers: Blank page after clicking continue
Been trying for 2-3 weeks now. Still doesn't work.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by pl840502

So I called and did phone application. 10 days later I called back they can't find my application anywhere. And since I did phone application there was no ref number. Ended up calling again last week applying again. Let's see how it goes this time....

How could you guys applying through GCR?...I couldn't even get the application through with human application....:-/
I applied three times in a row, with the first two times ending with some type of system error. Completed on the third attempt...same PC, same browser for all 3 attempts. I started over from scratch, launching via GCR each time. I didn't clear my cache/cookies before each attempt, but I ensured my Ad Blockers were off.

My wife's application (via GCR) went through on the first attempt.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
I applied three times in a row, with the first two times ending with some type of system error. Completed on the third attempt...same PC, same browser for all 3 attempts. I started over from scratch, launching via GCR each time. I didn't clear my cache/cookies before each attempt, but I ensured my Ad Blockers were off.

What kind of 'system error'? The one's I'm experiencing, is just a complete blank page after filling in the info on first page. Before verification questions.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by JordanWalker
What kind of 'system error'? The one's I'm experiencing, is just a complete blank page after filling in the info on first page. Before verification questions.
Yes, same thing. Tried windows 7, windows 8, Mac OS; withing IE, Chrome and Safari. None of them went pass the blank page after clicking continue....don't think it's a cookie thing, must be the server side
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ

Can't figure out why....unless they are blocking people from certain province.....
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by JordanWalker
I never got a blank page, I actually saw the application form.

Ok, so I dug out my screenshots and can see that I filled out the form with these fields:
Primary Applicant's Info
Home Address
Personal Info
Employment Info - Income

Press Continue button

When it fails:
The credit card application you are requesting is currently unavailable

When it succeeds:
Answer 4 Verification (Security) Questions such as...
- last 4 digits of SIN,
- current age,
- In past 2 years have you requested your Transunion report?
- You have a CC ending in NNNN with which FI? (answer: one of my other MBNA cards).

As mentioned, it failed for me twice, and then succeeded on my 3rd try...all within about 20mins, same PC, same browser, always kicking off the application from GCR.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:40 pm

This just might be an isolated occurrence... but called in with the wife to check on her application. She was declined because we applied within 90 days since her last application (even though I am pretty sure we were outside that window). In any case the credit analyst stated she could open a new application but she has to move a minimum of $5000 of credit over from the older application to the newer one to be eligible for the welcome bonus. This sounds new.. as I thought it used to be $500??
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Platinum);
Originally Posted by bjywong
This just might be an isolated occurrence... but called in with the wife to check on her application. She was declined because we applied within 90 days since her last application (even though I am pretty sure we were outside that window). In any case the credit analyst stated she could open a new application but she has to move a minimum of $5000 of credit over from the older application to the newer one to be eligible for the welcome bonus. This sounds new.. as I thought it used to be $500??
This sounds a bit strange, as last year I was able to apply for two cards within days of each other (e.g. one for personal; one for other) and was approved for both after calling in.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by bjywong

FWIW - When I cancelled last year I was told that if I applied within 90 days my account would be re-opened.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:29 pm

Yup I was told the same thing. You should never re-apply for the same card within 90 days. Churning 101
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Yup I was told the same thing. You should never re-apply for the same card within 90 days. Churning 101
6 months is more safe. I think some accounts can stay active for longer...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.