Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by banffflyr
It took about 3 weeks for Ms. Banffflyr's most recent application to post.

On another note, has anyone else had problems accessing MBNA's online banking site recently? I have been getting a technical error message for the last 4 days.
Originally Posted by jerryhung
I logged in to see my 0% BT statement yesterday fine
I am also still getting thr technical error message when trying to log into the MBNA site. It has been going on about 10 days now. Anyone else not able to log in?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
it was fine for us. we just paid our monthly bill a few days ago and was able to log in to check the amount due at the time
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Cerenity
it was fine for us. we just paid our monthly bill a few days ago and was able to log in to check the amount due at the time
Hmm, just tried again. This is what I get:

Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later.
To return to online banking:

Have tried from a bookmarked link, from the link in the email telling me my statement is ready and from a Google-searched link. Also from several different locations over the past 10 days (not just from home). Nada. Is it really just me?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
i tried just now also, and was able to log in.

i went to mbna.ca, and clicked on the "log in" button on the left side under online banking, then typed in username/pwd
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Cerenity
i tried just now also, and was able to log in.

i went to mbna.ca, and clicked on the "log in" button on the left side under online banking, then typed in username/pwd
Doesn't work for me. Just tried Mr. Fink's account and his is fine. I am on the phone with them now and they are trying to figure it out.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Finkface
Hmm, just tried again. This is what I get:

Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later.
To return to online banking:

Have tried from a bookmarked link, from the link in the email telling me my statement is ready and from a Google-searched link. Also from several different locations over the past 10 days (not just from home). Nada. Is it really just me?
When that happens to me, I am nearly always successful again in Private/Incognito mode

I feel it's some sort of cache/cookie issue
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:54 am

So the tech just confirmed that it is a problem on their back end where some customers cannot log in. The system erased the contact details for some accounts and the system will not allow affected customers to access the account until the contact info is restored. This cannot be done just by them re-inputting the contact info as it is a back end issue. He has escalated the issue and sent my account in for a fix. It will take 5 business days to resolve (!).

So for anyone else who is affected and is unable to log in, call in as it won't resolve itself without intervention.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Is the card hard to get, credit score wise? It's all about how long I'll wait to let my score recover from my last AOR... Is there any difference between the WE/regular card, aside from WE bonuses? (which is basically what I already get with Visa Infinite anyway)
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
When that happens to me, I am nearly always successful again in Private/Incognito mode

Nope, doesn't work in this case.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:47 pm

This was a successful resolution for me. FYI. And thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:01 pm

I'm able to get in fine - AND my Alaska Airlines Mastercard that I cancelled 6 months ago is still showing active on my account...ugh...
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
I'm able to get in fine - AND my Alaska Airlines Mastercard that I cancelled 6 months ago is still showing active on my account...ugh...
Still not working for me
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:18 pm

Same here, but I know it's closed because it's showing as closed on Equifax.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:14 pm

Same here, but I know it's closed because it's showing as closed on Equifax.
Same for me. I called MBNA and asked. They said it was incase I wanted to open up the exact same credit card again
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Same for me. I called MBNA and asked. They said it was incase I wanted to open up the exact same credit card again
Hmmm...but that implies that you will open the same 'account' which means no sign-up bonus. I would think it should drop off at some point...???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.