Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:49 pm

GCR cashback is back at $60!
Old Sep 15, 2015, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Plugair
GCR cashback is back at $60!
Good to know...thanks. Shows TD's still willing to invest in selling these cards.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:54 am

they still allow you to apply and have multiple cards at the same time?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Originally Posted by sxc234
they still allow you to apply and have multiple cards at the same time?
I asked today when I called in and the rep said you can have as many as you want, but to space out the applications so they don't consider them duplicates
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by coleworld
I asked today when I called in and the rep said you can have as many as you want, but to space out the applications so they don't consider them duplicates
really? they are promoting the fact that you can game AS Mileage Plan?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by sxc234
really? they are promoting the fact that you can game AS Mileage Plan?
To be fair, he said nothing about getting multiple signup bonuses, just multiple cards...
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
To be fair, he said nothing about getting multiple signup bonuses, just multiple cards...
yah fair enough, it's been 6 months since my last application. I just submitted another one and got approved, we'll see about the bonus points.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:37 pm

Is it normal that my new Alaska cards don't show the 25k pending? Doesn't it usually show up right away?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:49 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by zer0k1
Is it normal that my new Alaska cards don't show the 25k pending? Doesn't it usually show up right away?
Z, with our latest iterations, the points posted to the MBNA "rewards" page almost right away after activating and creating yet another MBNA.ca web account for the new card.

But, as usual the points don't post to the AS account till a couple of days after the statement cycles.

Things are a lot more streamlined now, compared to when TD's servers started to run the show, last Fall.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 4:07 am

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

just be careful with Alaska. They have known to have shutdown accounts in the US of people who apply for too many signup bonuses.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Z, with our latest iterations, the points posted to the MBNA "rewards" page almost right away after activating and creating yet another MBNA.ca web account for the new card.

But, as usual the points don't post to the AS account till a couple of days after the statement cycles.

Things are a lot more streamlined now, compared to when TD's servers started to run the show, last Fall.
Thanks J. My experience has been the same, upon activation they always appear on the MBNA website. It has been a couple days now and it still doesn't show the 25k in the MBNA AS Rewards page. CS says to call AS directly but that just seems silly. They said I should get the 25k and if not they should be able to manually adjust it. I am definitely not paying a $75 af for these 2 cards with neither of them showing the 25k
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
just be careful with Alaska. They have known to have shutdown accounts in the US of people who apply for too many signup bonuses.
Really? I've read more about them shutting down people booking awards for other people.

And also...people in the US shutting down are probably ones that are applying for 5 cards the same day as some bloggers have written about.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by zer0k1
Thanks J. My experience has been the same, upon activation they always appear on the MBNA website. It has been a couple days now and it still doesn't show the 25k in the MBNA AS Rewards page. CS says to call AS directly but that just seems silly. They said I should get the 25k and if not they should be able to manually adjust it. I am definitely not paying a $75 af for these 2 cards with neither of them showing the 25k
I thought I read somewhere that MBNA now requires you to make FIRST purchase before giving you 25K? vs. no purchase on previous offers
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
I thought I read somewhere that MBNA now requires you to make FIRST purchase before giving you 25K? vs. no purchase on previous offers
My understanding is that it always used to claim it was after first purchase but it wasn't really. A family member just got a card last week and they showed up right away as mine have in the past. I hope they didn't remove the offer because I didn't wait long enough between cancelling and reapplying.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska, Marriott
everything in moderation, even points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.