Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Some people have done 4 within a week.
Holy smokes! I'm not that brave!

I finally got my GCR deposited this week. Just in time to pay my first bill with the annual fee!
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:48 pm

I am about to close my #1 and #2 cards (both will be just over 6 months in age) and about to apply for my #5 Alaska card. Do you guys recommend shifting the credit from my #1 and #2 to my MBNA Sony card? OR should I just cancel and let that credit line go back into the pool so I can perhaps get auto approved for #5 without having to call recon?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by steveo345
I am about to close my #1 and #2 cards (both will be just over 6 months in age) and about to apply for my #5 Alaska card. Do you guys recommend shifting the credit from my #1 and #2 to my MBNA Sony card? OR should I just cancel and let that credit line go back into the pool so I can perhaps get auto approved for #5 without having to call recon?
Good question. Alsaka cards are harder to get these days...
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by emilio911
Good question. Alsaka cards are harder to get these days...
Anybody else have any insight?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by steveo345
Anybody else have any insight?
Maybe you should try to ask your question here.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by flyer05
What's the lowdown on the World Elite v Platinum Plus versions of this card? From reading previous posts in this thread, it seems that you get the PP version if you don't meet certain income requirements ($60,000). But I saw some posters rejoicing that they got the PP version (in the hopes of being enticed by a WE upgrade offer later on) so I assume there is no worries in receiving the 25k bonus points? What about the GCR cashback?
I got a World Elite card despite having a small CL (<$5K) and below $60K income. Got the GCR credit too. So not sure if there's any correlation.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 7:26 pm

So I just got my Alaska Card, but (as far as I saw) there was no way to input my Mileage Plan number in the application, and no indication of an account created for me.

I tried calling in to get my card associated with an account, but they told me to call Alaska (?) to associate my card?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by JamilD
So I just got my Alaska Card, but (as far as I saw) there was no way to input my Mileage Plan number in the application, and no indication of an account created for me.

I tried calling in to get my card associated with an account, but they told me to call Alaska (?) to associate my card?
They automatically link it.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: *void

Call again. Once you activate your new card, and preferably before the first statement cycles, the rep should be able to confirm the MP number attach to the CC, and optionally set it to whatever number you choose.

About a year ago MBNA removed the field in the application form where you could key in an existing MP number, so you didn't miss it. I hate that they did this as it forces you to rely on MBNA and the FFP to correctly ID you and locate the proper existing member info. Dumb!
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:24 am

You call MBNA to confirm your Alaska #
in my case (Jan 2016), it was linked to a wrong # of course
I asked to change it and luckily my 1st statement turned out okay
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
They automatically link it.
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Call again. Once you activate your new card, and preferably before the first statement cycles, the rep should be able to confirm the MP number attach to the CC, and optionally set it to whatever number you choose.
Originally Posted by jerryhung
You call MBNA to confirm your Alaska #
in my case (Jan 2016), it was linked to a wrong # of course
I asked to change it and luckily my 1st statement turned out okay
Thanks guys! I called in again, and this rep was a lot more helpful. The number matched my Mileage Plan account so it's all good
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by bjywong
Looks like MBNA is starting to closeout previous alaska cards if you decide to open up a new one. This happened to my wife and myself during this last round. I am thinking it's may be it's best to make sure your previous card is open for at least six months before opening a new one in case they cancel the card on you and it doesn't reflect poorly on your credit score.
I can confirm this has been happening. I had 2 MBNA cards previously, (1 Alaska and 1 Smart Cash). Applied, approved and got me $60 GCR rebate.

Nothing seemed unusual until I ordered my credit report - both cards were closed without any notice to me.

They did give me an obscene limit though, after granting me only $500/$1500 limits over the last little while.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:43 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Do miles not get posted until the following month or something?

I spent $2 bucks on this month's statement, and it says 0 miles have been transferred to your XXXX Alaska Mileage Plan.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:10 am

I applied for a 2nd card and got an email saying it was declined. Anyone have any luck getting a second card lately while the first is still active?
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by JordanWalker
Do miles not get posted until the following month or something?

I spent $2 bucks on this month's statement, and it says 0 miles have been transferred to your XXXX Alaska Mileage Plan.
On the printed/PDF statement or on the REWARDS tab on the website?

The statement always states "Miles shared with Alaska Airlines" = 0. But it should show a count of the "Base Miles".

The "Transfer Activity" via the REWARDS tab and link should be reasonably accurate but the time to actually get to your Alaska account seems highly variable (3 days to 2 weeks and rarely longer).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.