Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I was approved and received my Alaska Airlines Platinum Plus Mastercard. An Alaska Airlines Mileage Plus account must have been set up for me during the application/approval process. How do I find out my Alaska Airlines Mileage Plus account number?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by loun80
I was approved and received my Alaska Airlines Platinum Plus Mastercard. An Alaska Airlines Mileage Plus account must have been set up for me during the application/approval process. How do I find out my Alaska Airlines Mileage Plus account number?
Call them.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:45 pm

For Canada
I notice MBNA asks Mileage Plan # again on the application form, that's good vs. them auto-matching incorrectly

this is from GCR.ca -> MBNA application page
I got the "unable to decide" result (I cancelled just 2 months ago)

Last edited by jerryhung; Jul 22, 2016 at 4:34 pm
Old Jul 22, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by jerryhung
For Canada
I notice MBNA asks Mileage Plan # again on the application form, that's good vs. them auto-matching incorrectly
Hmm, Mr. Fink applied last week and there was nowhere on the online form to put his MP number that I saw. He got the card yesterday so we'll see if the points/companion cert post. If not, I guess we'll be calling.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: *void
For Canada

this is from GCR.ca -> MBNA application page
I got the "unable to decide" result (I cancelled just 2 months ago)
Super! I guess they put back the field for AS membership number because they had too many unresolved/incorrect MP accounts, and gave up on trying to stop people from keying in whichever MP# they want at application time (i.e., single family of 6 people all diverting points to same account!).

Of note, recently when I called MBNA at 1-877-428-6060 and pressed 2 to check the status of the new application (2 days after applying online), it asked for the last 4 digits of my phone number, and DOB...and the automated system looked up the info and then informed me that I was approved, and even told me the credit limit. Not sure if this is new, cuz for me, the past few years, it's always failed to find my new card applications and always redirected me to talk to a human. Is this new? Or have I (and wife) always been a 'difficult' case to look up (till recently)?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Hmm, Mr. Fink applied last week and there was nowhere on the online form to put his MP number that I saw. He got the card yesterday so we'll see if the points/companion cert post. If not, I guess we'll be calling.
Save yourself (himself) some headaches - call now before the first statement posts, to verify his MP # is correct on the card.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Save yourself (himself) some headaches - call now before the first statement posts, to verify his MP # is correct on the card.
Ok, just called. Yes, they have the correct MP number. Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:51 am

Super! I guess they put back the field for AS membership number because they had too many unresolved/incorrect MP accounts, and gave up on trying to stop people from keying in whichever MP# they want at application time (i.e., single family of 6 people all diverting points to same account!).

Of note, recently when I called MBNA at 1-877-428-6060 and pressed 2 to check the status of the new application (2 days after applying online), it asked for the last 4 digits of my phone number, and DOB...and the automated system looked up the info and then informed me that I was approved, and even told me the credit limit. Not sure if this is new, cuz for me, the past few years, it's always failed to find my new card applications and always redirected me to talk to a human. Is this new? Or have I (and wife) always been a 'difficult' case to look up (till recently)?
I'll call in a few days to see if I get the same experience then, thanks

The email I got right after approval (has Ref #) has this part
If you wish to check the status of your application, please call our Customer Service team, quoting the Reference Number above, at:
1-888-898-1620
Available 24 hours
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:30 pm

I'll call in a few days to see if I get the same experience then, thanks

The email I got right after approval (has Ref #) has this part
If you wish to check the status of your application, please call our Customer Service team, quoting the Reference Number above, at:
1-888-898-1620
Available 24 hours
For the past year+ all of my MBNA applications have gone to pending, and there is NO reference number to quote. Not even a followup email like you got, with the reference number, thus I have to key in my phone and DOB to locate the file.

BTW, I've just tried that number you've listed (1-888-898-1620, it's now Saturday evening), and it says their Card Services office is now closed, and to call back on Monday during business hours.

Conversely, the number I listed in my prior post (1-877-428-6060) still connects to the automated system and allows me to key in my phone number (full 10 digits, not last 4 digits as I mentioned earlier), and then asks for my year of birth. It located my application and gave me the "Congratulations" response. Works on the weekends!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:48 pm

For the past year+ all of my MBNA applications have gone to pending, and there is NO reference number to quote. Not even a followup email like you got, with the reference number, thus I have to key in my phone and DOB to locate the file.

BTW, I've just tried that number you've listed (1-888-898-1620, it's now Saturday evening), and it says their Card Services office is now closed, and to call back on Monday during business hours.

Conversely, the number I listed in my prior post (1-877-428-6060) still connects to the automated system and allows me to key in my phone number (full 10 digits, not last 4 digits as I mentioned earlier), and then asks for my year of birth. It located my application and gave me the "Congratulations" response. Works on the weekends!
Thanks JJ

I don't recall getting an email, especially with Ref #, beforehand either
so now we can enter ASMP # and get email, I think it's NEW and GOOD improvements

I just called 1-877-428-6060, 1 for English, 2 for Status, enter phone #, birth year = Congrats, your credit limit is 10K (so definitely not my 0% Plat card that I applied in April with higher limit)

Now to wait it in mail and for GCR $60 cashback
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:03 am

Just curious, are you guys applying for new cards with or without having an existing card?

I just cancelled my last two a month ago and waiting another 6 months or whatever before re-applying. Doing the slow churn...
Old Aug 1, 2016, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Just curious, are you guys applying for new cards with or without having an existing card?

I just cancelled my last two a month ago and waiting another 6 months or whatever before re-applying. Doing the slow churn...
I thought you could get away with just waiting another 3 months before reapplying?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:36 am

Thanks JJ

I don't recall getting an email, especially with Ref #, beforehand either
so now we can enter ASMP # and get email, I think it's NEW and GOOD improvements

I just called 1-877-428-6060, 1 for English, 2 for Status, enter phone #, birth year = Congrats, your credit limit is 10K (so definitely not my 0% Plat card that I applied in April with higher limit)

Now to wait it in mail and for GCR $60 cashback
My $60 GCR email just came today (8/3)
Waiting for card to arrive then
This is my ONLY MBNA Alaska card at the moment (I only hold 1 at max)
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
My $60 GCR email just came today (8/3)
Waiting for card to arrive then
This is my ONLY MBNA Alaska card at the moment (I only hold 1 at max)
You are only allow to have 1 AS card.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:14 am

I called MBNA today to confirm my AS #
As I suspected, MBNA had the wrong AS # despite me entering it during my application

Already sees my 25K after 1st purchase
Waiting for 25K to transfer to my account after monthly statement

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.