Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by jerryhung
I don't ever use my companion pass, being in YYZ, it's super hard to use
Yeah, it's kind of painful to leave that benefit on the table. MSP is my closest AS station, 7 hours away by car.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: SPG
For anyone who got the card recently - how long did it take to get 25K sign up bonus after the first spend? Is it on the first statement (18th of the month, I think)?
Old May 31, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Did not get the bonus yet, applied last month
Old May 31, 2016, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Vit007
For anyone who got the card recently - how long did it take to get 25K sign up bonus after the first spend? Is it on the first statement (18th of the month, I think)?

If you read back a couple of pages, there is some info. I provided some data myself in Post #916
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:18 am

since MBNA is no longer allowing 2 of these cards...what is the recommended time frame for cancelling my current Alaska card (already got the bonus) and reapplying. The second statement for this card will be posting later this week.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by YUL438
since MBNA is no longer allowing 2 of these cards...what is the recommended time frame for cancelling my current Alaska card (already got the bonus) and reapplying. The second statement for this card will be posting later this week.
Good question. My oldest active AS MC was obtained in Feb and I was planning to wait 8 months until Oct to cancel, then I'll wait 60 days before reapplying sometime in mid December.

I'd like to use my AS points to book sometime around Feb/Mar 2017, so I'm hoping this will work. I'd love to tighten up this timeframe if I can, though.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
I forgot to cancel my MBNA Alaska prior to my 2nd year's AF.

My 2nd year's $75 AF was posted a week ago.

If I cancel it now, will they be able to take off that $75? Or am I SOL and might as well keep it for another 11 months?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:16 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
I forgot to cancel my MBNA Alaska prior to my 2nd year's AF.

My 2nd year's $75 AF was posted a week ago.

If I cancel it now, will they be able to take off that $75? Or am I SOL and might as well keep it for another 11 months?
My experience is that they'll cancel the card and reverse the fee. Ask nicely.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Finally got my 25k AS miles today,applied for the card last month.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by jerry305
My experience is that they'll cancel the card and reverse the fee. Ask nicely.
Thanks. Sorry for the late follow up.
They did indeed reversed the fee. The lady on the phone also told me my "account is immediately cancelled [in full]". If I ever want the card again, to start a new application. None of the "within 3 months, will be reinstated" bs.

Gonna play it safe and wait a few more months before I reapply.
Been too generous on AS. All these years, only had one card from them!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:59 am

Thanks. Sorry for the late follow up.
They did indeed reversed the fee. The lady on the phone also told me my "account is immediately cancelled [in full]". If I ever want the card again, to start a new application. None of the "within 3 months, will be reinstated" bs.

Gonna play it safe and wait a few more months before I reapply.
Been too generous on AS. All these years, only had one card from them!
I'm not sure why you think that reapplying within 3 months will not reinstate your previous account. There is lots of anecdotes on this and other forums about this indeed happening. MNBA is not the only company to do this.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by prmetime
I'm not sure why you think that reapplying within 3 months will not reinstate your previous account. There is lots of anecdotes on this and other forums about this indeed happening. MNBA is not the only company to do this.
Aside from huge YMMV when it comes to CSR's training...
Why? Cause that's exactly what the agent told me on the phone as I was closing my account.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 4:24 pm

Aside from huge YMMV when it comes to CSR's training...
Why? Cause that's exactly what the agent told me on the phone as I was closing my account.
Did the agent actually say "there is no 3-month account re-instatement ..." or did the agent simply say nothing about it or did you ask specifically about it and get a confirmation? Your quote from the agent simply confirms the account was cancelled (what "in full" means is ambiguous without any specifics).
Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
If an app goes pending, how long does it take them to respond or call or whatever?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
If an app goes pending, how long does it take them to respond or call or whatever?
Within one week you should get an email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.