Looks what's now showing in my MP account:

Last edited by todd-r; Sep 6, 2013 at 8:47 am
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by todd-r
Looks what's now showing in my MP account:

I can't see!
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: airmiles, alaska airmiles
I could not see anywhere on the upgrade letter for the Alaska Airlines World Elite MasterCard that the companion pass is still available and is not one of the 3 credit cards that Alaska Airlines states has the companion pass. I don't want to give up the companion flight.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:36 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by McDaddy
I could not see anywhere on the upgrade letter for the Alaska Airlines World Elite MasterCard that the companion pass is still available and is not one of the 3 credit cards that Alaska Airlines states has the companion pass. I don't want to give up the companion flight.
It's the 5th bullet point on the list:
  • An annual coach Companion Fare from $110 (USD) ($99 base fare plus taxes and fees from $11 depending on your Alaska Airlines flight itinerary)
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
AFAIK T&C says bonus only once although I know some people have gotten bonus twice.
Nothing about saying churnable or not tho (of course no signup bonus means no use in churning)
When they came out with the Chase (Canada) "Marriott Rewards Premier Visa" I applied for it. After no bonus posted, I called and inquired, and multiple calls (and escalations to supervisors) produced the same response - I was not entitled to the bonus because I had previously had a "Marriott Platinum Visa" (closed at the time I applied for the Premier) .

I ended up writing a letter emphasing that the offer clearly said it was for first time Premier holders only, and my previous card was a Platinum. The bonus posted shortly afterward. Probably YMMV on this one, and as always, carefully read and take a screenshot of the offer T&Cs.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by resipsa99
When they came out with the Chase (Canada) "Marriott Rewards Premier Visa" I applied for it. After no bonus posted, I called and inquired, and multiple calls (and escalations to supervisors) produced the same response - I was not entitled to the bonus because I had previously had a "Marriott Platinum Visa" (closed at the time I applied for the Premier) .

I ended up writing a letter emphasing that the offer clearly said it was for first time Premier holders only, and my previous card was a Platinum. The bonus posted shortly afterward. Probably YMMV on this one, and as always, carefully read and take a screenshot of the offer T&Cs.
Yes, I've heard several accounts of that. But I also recall reading in another thread about people get 2x "premier visa" bonuses.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:15 pm

World Elite

I spoke with two separate reps for MBNA on Friday and both stated that this is a specific mailing. If you received a letter, then you were able to click on the rewards icon and a dropdown message allowed you to sigh up.

My wife didn't get the offer until we called customer service and modified our annual family income information to the required amount. They also updated my second Alaska Airlines MC to match the income requirements.

If anyone who did not receive a letter but has a high income should call MBNA customer service of the upgrade.

If you did not receive the letter but still got the 10,000 miles, please post that info.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 9:32 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by sailingman22
I spoke with two separate reps for MBNA on Friday and both stated that this is a specific mailing. If you received a letter, then you were able to click on the rewards icon and a dropdown message allowed you to sigh up.

My wife didn't get the offer until we called customer service and modified our annual family income information to the required amount. They also updated my second Alaska Airlines MC to match the income requirements.

If anyone who did not receive a letter but has a high income should call MBNA customer service of the upgrade.

If you did not receive the letter but still got the 10,000 miles, please post that info.
Neither I nor Mr. Fink got a letter although household income well in excess of the limit and despite holding 2 cards each. After reading about it on here, I found the link on my MBNA online account and have received 2 bonuses for myself and 2 for Mr. Fink. All posted last week.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 12:10 am

I haven't got the card, but seems I was auto-approved for the World Elite MC directly? that's not good though, as I wouldn't get the 10K offer to upgrade to World Elite then?

@@ let's see what the card says when it arrives
I did see 25K in my MP account already
Old Sep 9, 2013, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ D*G, AS MVPG, AF G, GHA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by sailingman22

I'm told their reward offers come in batches by an agent who I was chatting with online. I didn't qualify as I didn't have the household income listed either, but also added in the information (which you can also do online).
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:23 am

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Finally online access is restored! The 10k upgrade offer is the icing on the cake.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jerryhung
I haven't got the card, but seems I was auto-approved for the World Elite MC directly?
I had the same concern when applying for this card for my wife a couple of weeks ago, so I understated her household income to just below the known MBNA World Elite MC threshold.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:02 pm

So to make sure I"m getting this, I got an offer on one card that I have not had for long, but did not get an offer on my original card, which I've since they pretty well first were offered. I've gone in and modified my income to reflect what it actually is, which is quite a bit more than when I originally applied.

Am I understanding that this should trigger an offer online or some sort of letter in the next while? Or do I still have to call in to bring it someone's attention.

Got one 10K bonus but an extra 10 would be nice.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by nabeelj
I had the same concern when applying for this card for my wife a couple of weeks ago, so I understated her household income to just below the known MBNA World Elite MC threshold.
Next time I'll remember to input lower #

I always thought higher # would improve chance of approval, but as with CIBC and now MBNA, they overgave me Aerogold Infinite and now MC World Elite when I don't need it

Too late to call in and lower my income & card then I guess? ha ha
I got the card today, it's a plan SILVER card - no MBNA, no Alaska logo on there, WTH..
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Next time I'll remember to input lower #

I always thought higher # would improve chance of approval, but as with CIBC and now MBNA, they overgave me Aerogold Infinite and now MC World Elite when I don't need it

Too late to call in and lower my income & card then I guess? ha ha
I got the card today, it's a plan SILVER card - no MBNA, no Alaska logo on there, WTH..
If you go back a page on this thread, the explanation that was given was thee was such a demand that they "ran out" of the black cards. So this is a temporary that will be replaced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.