Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: CX Gold/UA*G/HH Gold/Marriott Plt/SPG Gold/
Originally Posted by deasine
I don't think the same policy exists in Canada. What I think is the transition to MBNA hasn't been as smooth as it really should have been and as long as your incomes are within the system, you should receive the offer soon.
Got the upgrade offer today. Looks like the next batch is out. 10,000 points!!!
Old Oct 4, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere already, but I've called AS twice and gotten different answers both times - does anyone know if the annual companion pass works for Hawaii? One rep said yes, and the other said no....Also, do you get the companion pass as soon as you sign up for this card, or do you have to wait until the first anniversary?

Thanks in advance =)
Old Oct 4, 2013, 5:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Companion cert works on any AS operated route...including Hawaii and Mexico. ^
Old Oct 4, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, Westjet Rewards
Your companion pass is in your account immediately. I have used the companion pass to Mexico should not be a problem for Hawaii.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, Westjet Rewards
Check private message...
Old Oct 4, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

Much appreciated =)
Old Oct 4, 2013, 7:42 pm

Of course coach only
Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Of course coach only
Well there are some F certs in limbo still
Old Oct 9, 2013, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ D*G, AS MVPG, AF G, GHA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
A little late to the conversation, but from the West Coast, you can book a multi-city to Hawaii and as far east as Chicago in one trip (cannot do New York, Florida, etc. as it isn't considered a "valid AS fare" according to the website).

For those of you who have an AS Elite Card, is it just me or does the finish or the card itself not feel as premium as other WorldElite or Infinite cards...
Old Oct 9, 2013, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by deasine
A little late to the conversation, but from the West Coast, you can book a multi-city to Hawaii and as far east as Chicago in one trip (cannot do New York, Florida, etc. as it isn't considered a "valid AS fare" according to the website).

For those of you who have an AS Elite Card, is it just me or does the finish or the card itself not feel as premium as other WorldElite or Infinite cards...
Do you mean like SEA-HNL, HNL-SEA-ORD, ORD-SEA kind of multi-city, on companion fare?

I'm one flight away from ORD and would love to maximize my AS companion code if possible, since routes are limited from East Coast (ORD-SEA/ANC/PDX only)
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ D*G, AS MVPG, AF G, GHA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Do you mean like SEA-HNL, HNL-SEA-ORD, ORD-SEA kind of multi-city, on companion fare?

I'm one flight away from ORD and would love to maximize my AS companion code if possible, since routes are limited from East Coast (ORD-SEA/ANC/PDX only)
Precisely so. I tried to put together a YVR-SEA-HNL, HNL-ANC-ORD (just because...), ORD-SEA-YVR, and while I could get it work only via Hipmunk, you have to start with the AS booking system which fails to piece ANC as a transfer point.

Given you are based on the other side of the country, I think the only way to maximise the fare for you would be choosing Hawaii + a destination on the west coast that you would like to visit.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 10:13 pm

Eew double redeye? Perhaps there was too long of a cxn in ANC...
Old Oct 12, 2013, 5:40 pm

i've churned the as card for my parents many times but i can't seem to remember whether they've ever gotten instant approval. has any of you gotten it?
i always seem to get thank you for your application, you will get a response through mail soon.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:15 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by yerffej201
i've churned the as card for my parents many times but i can't seem to remember whether they've ever gotten instant approval. has any of you gotten it?
i always seem to get thank you for your application, you will get a response through mail soon.
Jeff, not sure this is useful info for you, but with our two recent applications for the MBNA Alaska Air MC, both my wife and I received the the following "Thank you" page:

Thank you for your request.
We will respond to you within approximately 30 days by regular mail at:
<insert home address here>

Our timelines were:
-Aug 27th application submitted

-Aug 29th MBNA contacted me to say I was approved but needed to shift some limit from my other MBNA cards onto this new MC. My wife was never contacted.

-Sep 12th my wife received her card in the mail, none for me

-Sep 13th I called MBNA and asked why I hadn't got my card yet, since I was already notified over 2 weeks earlier that I was approved. They said it was still sitting on some senior Approval Managers desk, but that they would push it through now

-Sep 19th I received my card in the mail, 3 weeks after applying

Good news is that both my wife and I received the GCR cash rebate 'boost' of $75 for MBNA cards applied/approved during month of Aug, even though we both did not get our cards activated until mid-Sept!

I also churned the MBNA SmartCash and applied for the MBNA Choice Privileges MC during Aug. Add in a few GCR referral apps from my wife, and now I've got a $250 rebate amount waiting for the obligatory 45 day hold period before I can expect to see the cheque in the mail by 1st week of Nov. Nice way to kick-start some XMAS shopping!
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Jeff, not sure this is useful info for you, but with our two recent applications for the MBNA Alaska Air MC, both my wife and I received the the following "Thank you" page:

Thank you for your request.
We will respond to you within approximately 30 days by regular mail at:
<insert home address here>

Our timelines were:
-Aug 27th application submitted

-Aug 29th MBNA contacted me to say I was approved but needed to shift some limit from my other MBNA cards onto this new MC. My wife was never contacted.

-Sep 12th my wife received her card in the mail, none for me

-Sep 13th I called MBNA and asked why I hadn't got my card yet, since I was already notified over 2 weeks earlier that I was approved. They said it was still sitting on some senior Approval Managers desk, but that they would push it through now

-Sep 19th I received my card in the mail, 3 weeks after applying

Good news is that both my wife and I received the GCR cash rebate 'boost' of $75 for MBNA cards applied/approved during month of Aug, even though we both did not get our cards activated until mid-Sept!

I also churned the MBNA SmartCash and applied for the MBNA Choice Privileges MC during Aug. Add in a few GCR referral apps from my wife, and now I've got a $250 rebate amount waiting for the obligatory 45 day hold period before I can expect to see the cheque in the mail by 1st week of Nov. Nice way to kick-start some XMAS shopping!
that's what's always happened to my churns. thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.