Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, US, DL
What about supplementary card charges ..?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:30 am

so this is normal card ?can I upgrade to World Elite later with 10,000 miles?

Originally Posted by jerryhung
GCR is now offering $75 rebate on application, making this card 1st year free, woo hoo
http://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/d...aska-Airlines/
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by ecgz88
so this is normal card ?can I upgrade to World Elite later with 10,000 miles?
That'd be my guess too, and I'll apply soon and hope to find out (and hope they don't auto-offer me World Elite, like CIBC's Aerogold Infinite)

but not sure about the 10K miles offer applies to EVERYONE (I know regular card income requirement is $35K? and World Elite is $70K+)

††††To be eligible for an Alaska Airlines World Elite Account, your personal income must be greater than $70,000 or your household income must be $120,000 or greater.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
And call in to select a new pin.
You can view your current PIN and change it on-line once you've got your card.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Has anyone got this bonus yet?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by erasmus99
Has anyone got this bonus yet?
Nope, not me. I have 2 coming.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:50 pm

Thumbs down EPIC FAIL

Received my new (upgraded) card in the mail today. I have to say, this is one big Epic FAIL.

The card in not black (it is silver)
The card is not branded Alaska Airlines (it has no branding)
The card does not say World Elite (it says nothing)
My Alaska MP number is not embossed beneath my name

It appears all they did was re-issue the card on blank (silver) card stock

(W)hisky (T)ango (F)oxtrot ? ? ?

This is what the card was supposed to look like:

This is what I received:

Last edited by todd-r; Aug 29, 2013 at 7:55 am
Old Aug 29, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by todd-r
It appears all they did was re-issue the card on blank (silver) card stock
I got the same looking card. But it came with a notice stating that the "card was so popular" (?!) that they ran out of the printed cards, so in the interim they sent out a generic card. Once they get stock in, they will send out the proper looking card (with the same card number).
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Toronto1970
I got the same looking card. But it came with a notice stating that the "card was so popular" (?!) that they ran out of the printed cards, so in the interim they sent out a generic card. Once they get stock in, they will send out the proper looking card (with the same card number).
Good to know. I didn't receive any type of notice with my card (nor did my husband). Also, the call centre seems to know nothing about the generic card vs the printed card (or about the new Alaska Airlines World Elite card in general). The rep actually said (an obvious lie) this was the way the card was supposed to look and continued to make up a story when asked why it didn't even say Alaska Airlines or World Elite anywhere on the card. When asking for a Supervisor, of course none were available. Again, not the best way to introduce a new product.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by todd-r
Good to know. I didn't receive any type of notice with my card (nor did my husband).
My envelope contained THREE identical notices of this, so perhaps I got yours! LOL
Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:49 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

NEVER heard of RUNNING OUT OF STOCK. muhhahaha. most cards are printed in a big plant that makes many different cards.

Maybe with the switch, TD had to print them and truly didnt have stock?

My spouse applied for the basecard under the TD nameplate now, and got a letter from BofA Canada... lol
Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin

My spouse applied for the basecard under the TD nameplate now, and got a letter from BofA Canada... lol
There is all sorts of stuff that mixes in BofA stuff still due to the takeover of MBNA, even for non-Alaska cards. Even the behind-the-scenes stuff on the website is still BofA. Little slips of paper included with my correspondence on my wife's recently replaced Alaska card clarify to read "MDNA or TD" and not "BofA Canada" (NOT the World Elite, but the old Platinum card due to a fraud issue); the card does indicate TD on it though instead of BofA Canada.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Both mine and Mr. Fink's cards arrived today. 3 of the notices in each envelope about running out of stock, this being a temporary and the actual card would be mailed as soon as it was available. So I got 6 notices altogether
Old Aug 30, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Guys, does anyone know if by upgrading, my credit report will show a "closed" account, and therefore I will lose the benefit of the ongoing age of the previous account? This is a CRUCIAL consideration for me...
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I'm a Canadian who lives in the US. Can I get both the US and Canadian versions, with bonuses for both on the same Mileage Plan account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.