Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by crimsona
I apologize, I seem to have misremembered the pricing (taxes are lower than I remembered, maybe I was looking at 2 people). I'm looking at leaving May 2nd or morning May 3rd, returning May 4th for a weekend wedding.

I have just applied for the AS Mastercard, so do not have a companion pass as of yet.
Using May 2/3, returning on May 4:

Fare Taxes & Fees Charges
Airfare for Traveler 1: $318.16 $79.50 $397.66
Airfare for Companion:$106.43 $69.70 $176.13
Total Due Now: $573.79

If you can leave May 1, it saves you a bit. Note the companion fare and the taxes don't change regardless of the fare for passenger 1:

Fare Taxes & Fees Charges
Airfare for Traveler 1: $296.73 $78.50 $375.23
Airfare for Companion:$106.43 $69.70 $176.13
Total Due Now: $551.36
Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:23 pm

Thanks for checking. I was hoping to take the 6 am on Saturday but it looks like the lowest economy fares for that flight is gone (seat map looks pretty full too)

$616 for 2 for an overnight wedding isn't cheap either...
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, Westjet Rewards
Go to greatcanadianrebates.com and you will get a $60.00 rebate on your AS MasterCard.

Last edited by jackal; Nov 13, 2013 at 9:46 am Reason: Soliciting not permitted
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by bajacondo
Go to greatcanadianrebates.com and you will get a $60.00 rebate on your AS MasterCard. [Quote of redacted portion removed]
You shouldn't solicit referral here, or at least tell people you'll earn referral (and 15% of their spendings) for GCR invite

Get 15% Referral Bonus
Get paid in cash 15% of all cash back rebates all your referrals collect

Great Canadian Rebates works in partnership with over 500 well known merchants. These outlets already offer great deals and savings, you save even more when you shop online as a member here. Once you register, you can save an average of five per cent more through Cash Back Rebates and even more using our coupons, deals, discounts and sales links.

Last edited by jackal; Nov 13, 2013 at 9:47 am
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:34 am

I plan to apply for this card before the month's end. I love that I can get cash back for credit card apps! I usually get over $100 in my account every month from GCR for this and online purchases. It's my coffee money each month!
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:17 pm

I called in to verify identity and got approved for the AS Mastercard, but do not see the rebate on GCR. How long did it take for people to get it automatically?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:26 pm

I called in to verify identity and got approved for the AS Mastercard, but do not see the rebate on GCR. How long did it take for people to get it automatically?
Manual approvals are tricky, and I'd say eventually you have submit a Missing Rebate with GCR, they'll verify with MBNA next month, and then usually finds you and adds the $60 (or $75) to your account then

I didn't get the $30 rebate for AMEX Air Miles Platinum (conditional approval but 1 call fixed that next day) via GCR, they had to wait till the "monthly" report from AMEX, and just added $30 to my pending rebates (for Dec 15 payout) this week
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:41 am

You have to apply through the GCR site.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:28 am

I did apply through GCR, but they left me a voicemail asking to call them back.

It wasn't exactly by choice that I had to call in, I normally don't
Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:57 am

We'll you should be ok then. It takes a while to show up. Good luck!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:04 pm

I did apply through GCR, but they left me a voicemail asking to call them back.

It wasn't exactly by choice that I had to call in, I normally don't
I've emailed them regarding a missing cc app rebate and they were very quick to respond and investigate. You should see results soon...
Old Nov 18, 2013, 9:36 pm

Instructions on GCR say to wait 3 weeks. Did you do it before then?

I haven't gotten my card yet.

I also signed up for a Alaska Mileage Plan after applying, is it easy to merge the two accounts if my names might differ? (No Chinese name on credit card but shows on travel document)
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:23 pm

Instructions on GCR say to wait 3 weeks. Did you do it before then?

I haven't gotten my card yet.

I also signed up for a Alaska Mileage Plan after applying, is it easy to merge the two accounts if my names might differ? (No Chinese name on credit card but shows on travel document)
You can submi missing rebae here
GCR - Report Problem Form
https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/reportproblems.php

I had that problem too, I applied with my english name, and MBNA/Alaska created the account for me insead of myself
I email Alaska MP with my passport scan and they changed the name for me

I suggest people to sign up for Alaska MP, get a # first, before applying for the CC
Old Nov 19, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
GCR also did not post my rebate after 3 weeks. I filled in the missing rebate form, received an e-mail the next day, and then on the 3rd day the rebate was posted into my account. Surprised that the whole process was so painless!
Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:05 pm

Despite the phone calls and manual approval, I saw the pending show up on my GCR account - crisis averted. Now to actually get my card and merge my two AS mile accounts together...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.