Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2024, 4:38 pm

Has there been no updates since? I'm coming up on my renewal in a few months and I want to know if I should cut my losses or wait to transfer points 1:1.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by hoboeater
Has there been no updates since? I'm coming up on my renewal in a few months and I want to know if I should cut my losses or wait to transfer points 1:1.
I have yet to see any further news. IIRC they were pretty vague and only said "in 2024" .
Old Feb 20, 2024, 8:27 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ysbyvr
I have yet to see any further news. IIRC they were pretty vague and only said "in 2024" .
I've actually slowed down spending on this card until there is a firmer announcement on the Alaska conversions. While it's great that they may be able to transfer to Alaska, the regular redemptions under MBNA Rewards seem to be terrible value.
ysbyvr and hoboeater like this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
I've actually slowed down spending on this card until there is a firmer announcement on the Alaska conversions. While it's great that they may be able to transfer to Alaska, the regular redemptions under MBNA Rewards seem to be terrible value.
Agreed - the MBNA program is of no interest to me. I'd be extremely disappointed if they backtrack on the 1:1 conversion. For now, I'm just using the card for groceries....on the basis that 5pts per $ is great if converted later.
worldtraveller73 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.