Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
You're right. I've applied for 4-5 cards in the last few months (decided to step up my game on credit cards now that most FF programs are going down the toilet), so that might be it. I also never carry a balance (often pay early) which I think might impact me negatively for some reason.

I'll call on Monday. Thanks for the tip.
Yup that clears things up. I called and they went through with the manual approval... they had to confirm about the other applications I had put in over the last 6 months.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:07 am

I was approved for 3 cards between myself/family member about 2 weeks ago and still no word from GCR. I have 2 the card already in hand. Is that normal?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by zer0k1
I was approved for 3 cards between myself/family member about 2 weeks ago and still no word from GCR. I have 2 the card already in hand. Is that normal?
Typically you should get a notification of the rebate within a month of approval. Amex cards tend to be the quickest for the cash back. I find the big bank cards to be the slowest. You can always send them a follow-up message to ask. I had one that never showed up and I had to give them the card number to prove that it was approved and activated...
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
You can always send them a follow-up message to ask.
There is a missing transacion form on their website. For credit cards, they ask you to wait 30 days but not more than 90 to chase up missing cash backs.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: *void
Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

There is no 'normal'. The various FIs that are associated with the GCR rebates all have their own timeframes/cycles for reporting approved card applications back to GCR (otherwise, no rebates if you are declined for the card). Some FI's report back sporadically (every day for a few days, then silence) or weekly, or monthly. Can't see any consistency with any of the various cards. But, typically if you haven't seen a GCR rebate after 30-45 days, you'd better login to GCR and submit a request for missing rebate. Myself, I tend to not wait 30 days, and just bug them early.

Ultimately, if the FI doesn't see your application with the GCR affiliated source code, then you'll never get the rebate (unless you get the help of GCR to contact the FI on your behalf). So, while most people can see their click-thru history at GCR, the equally important followup is to contact the FI to see if they can confirm your application has the correct signup code to get the GCR (or RFD) cash rebates.

Last edited by JJonahJ; Apr 8, 2015 at 11:38 am
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Anyone able to apply these few days?

Keep getting a blank page after I submit my info. (before verification quest)
Old Apr 12, 2015, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by JordanWalker
Anyone able to apply these few days?

Keep getting a blank page after I submit my info. (before verification quest)
Its been happening for a while, you just have to keep trying a different times during the day.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 7:13 am

I applied and received an email from GRC a couple of days later. The MBNA site message said my application was under review, but I'm guessing I'm approved?

My GRC account shows $25 waiting.
[Cash Back Rebates Still in Waiting Stage
Did not reach 45 day wait at Next Paypal Payment Date]:
Click date 2015-04-06
Post date 2015-04-08

No Alaska points have been posted to my account. Should I call, or just wait a bit?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by can_travel
I applied and received an email from GRC a couple of days later. The MBNA site message said my application was under review, but I'm guessing I'm approved?

[Cash Back Rebates Still in Waiting Stage
Did not reach 45 day wait at Next Paypal Payment Date]:
Click date 2015-04-06
Post date 2015-04-08

No Alaska points have been posted to my account. Should I call, or just wait a bit?
If you're under review you're not approved. But you're not denied either. You should call in...it doesn't hurt. They may just need some simple information (e.g. proving you are who you say you are).
Old Apr 13, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: *void

We saw similar as you (by the next day, GCR $25 email was sent to our inboxes).

So, if you're approved (and you MAY be already) then you'll probably get the card early next week, like my wife. Or, in my case, 3+ weeks (and counting) due to the issues they experienced last Fall. I wrote about this, one page back:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24624381-post660.html

Also, you won't see any points till your first statement has posted...and then maybe not for another week or two after that happens.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:37 pm

Its been happening for a while, you just have to keep trying a different times during the day.
Still no luck. Tried all browsers. Different time of the day
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:39 pm

The one I applied for back in Feb:
- Received GCR email the next day
- Card arrived 2 weeks later.
- Two statements posted already

There's 25,000 points pending on my MBNA account's view. But no, to this date, still nothing have been posted to Alaska's MP account.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by JordanWalker

There's 25,000 points pending on my MBNA account's view. But no, to this date, still nothing have been posted to Alaska's MP account.
you'll have to wait for the points to transfer which will take at least til your first billing date, afterwards if you still don't see it in your MP account, they might have assigned a different MP account nbr.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Didn't get instant approval. What's the best number to call to see if the process can be sped up?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Didn't get instant approval. What's the best number to call to see if the process can be sped up?
The new accounts department, I think its: 1-888-898-1620, if not then just ask to be transferred.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.