Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: FPC, Avios, Asia Miles, Aeroplan, AS, National
I've checked with MBNA and they said they still have the promotion going on. But with the recent merge with TD, their system still cannot upgrade cardholders to Word Elite.

Was told to call back in a month to check.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 5:46 pm

If anyone has difficulties in enrolling in online banking for their new credit card, I found my problem was using Google Chrome. I switched over to Internet Explorer and it worked. Same issue I had with TD applications.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by prmetime
Another datapoint for those of you who have signed up for this credit card.

- Applied with instant approval Nov 28/14
- Received credit card Dec 8/14 and started using right away. Unable to set up online account. Called CS x 2 who stated it may take up to 1 month and they will phone me once this is done.
- Received first paper statement Jan 2/15 with statement date of Dec 23/14. Mileage plan number checked and correct. Base mile xxx and bonus miles 25000. Miles shared with AS 0. Still no ability to have account online. No companion fare showing in account.

Obviously MBNA still having issues with this transition.
To update, received my base and bonus miles, as well as companion code yesterday. However, they have not been able to get me up and running with online access despite me trying to do so on 4 different browsers. They are not sure when I will be able to access my account online.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by prmetime
To update, received my base and bonus miles, as well as companion code yesterday. However, they have not been able to get me up and running with online access despite me trying to do so on 4 different browsers. They are not sure when I will be able to access my account online.
Did you try clearing your cookies? They suggested that to me as well.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by bjywong
Did you try clearing your cookies? They suggested that to me as well.
Yes. I did have one tech (i.e. not CS) tell me that there may be problems with IE 11 but otherwise should work no problem. Despite clearing cookies I was unable to access on IE, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Unhappy Online access not working

Card arrived today and I go it authenticated over the phone.. Then I went to get the online account set up.

Long story short....its just not working. Very helpful rep on the phone couldn't help and suggested I try again "when the system isn't so busy".

Edit

Tried in the dead of night. It works. Clunky but it works.

Last edited by Frequentlander; Jan 10, 2015 at 12:43 am
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:44 am

What's your experience been post-TD conversion?

Hi,

Reading through these posts and having difficulty sorting out the different experiences people are having.

I'm wondering specifically about people who applied for a card post-TD conversion. I applied for my card in early December, received it in the mail right before Christmas, activated it and have yet to see the points appear in my Alaska MP account.

What have people been doing? Do I need to call anyone?

BTW, I have not spent anything on the card yet.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan, British Airways, Alaska
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Hi,

Reading through these posts and having difficulty sorting out the different experiences people are having.

I'm wondering specifically about people who applied for a card post-TD conversion. I applied for my card in early December, received it in the mail right before Christmas, activated it and have yet to see the points appear in my Alaska MP account.

I think the 25,000 get credited after your first purchase.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: *void
Hi,

GG,

You should refer to prior posts from prmtime – signed up in Nov, if I recall correctly.

You probably don’t need to make a purchase, but might as well spend at least a small amount.

Call MBNA and ask them when your first statement is due to (or has already) cycled. Post-TD, we’re seeing now that points don’t post prior to receiving the card anymore, as was the case pre-TD conversion. While you’re on the phone with the rep, triple-check that your AS number on the card account matches your EXISTING info. Several people reported that MBNA created a new AS account, even though an existing number was supplied during the application. Correct this NOW, before the points post!

Or, you can also get the same info online, if you create a MBNA.ca login for this card…you will probably have difficulties adding it to any existing MBNA.ca account that you’ve previously set up. Once set up, in the online info, you can see in the Rewards pages whether you were awarded the 25,000 welcome points or not.

Once you’ve determined when your first bill closing date is, and seen the points in your statement, we’ve seen that it takes somewhere between 4-9 days LATER, to eventually post into your AS account.

I probably missed something. Just read back a few pages.

JJJ
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:52 am

thanks for clarifying. with all the conversion issues, RFD stuff, it got a bit confusing.

made a purchase on the card today. my new card (and my wife's) don't have any Alaska MP # on it. So I'll call in and make sure they use my existing one.

Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:25 pm

thanks for clarifying. with all the conversion issues, RFD stuff, it got a bit confusing.

made a purchase on the card today. my new card (and my wife's) don't have any Alaska MP # on it. So I'll call in and make sure they use my existing one.

Thanks.
Same as ours. New cards do not show the AS number, whereas our cards prior to TD did have it stamped onto it. But, both of our card accounts were correctly tied to existing AS numbers, though we called MBNA anyway, just to be confirm.

Curious, how is RFD related to this?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Same as ours. New cards do not show the AS number, whereas our cards prior to TD did have it stamped onto it. But, both of our card accounts were correctly tied to existing AS numbers, though we called MBNA anyway, just to be confirm.
After reading this I got a little concerned about having a ghost account so I logged in. The AS ff# is nowhere to be seen on the site and is not on the card (New, post-TD card). Got a hold of an agent (used the live chat function on the website). Confirmed the card is linked to my existing AS FF# so no ghost account was created when I applied on-line.

Last edited by Frequentlander; Jan 12, 2015 at 6:47 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentlander
After reading this I got a little concerned about having a ghost account so I logged in. The AS ff# is nowhere to be seen on the site and is not on the card (New, post-TD card). Got a hold of an agent (used the live chat function on the website). Confirmed the card is linked to my existing AS FF# so no ghost account was created when I applied on-line.
Sorry, didn't mean to cause any concern to anyone. Was trying to say that even if you don't see the AS number on the card, it most likely is still setup correctly in the account.

You won't see the AS number online, other than in the PDF statement.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by JJonahJ

Curious, how is RFD related to this?
Just reading earlier sounds like people who had applied via RFD just ahead of conversion were having difficulties getting their $60. Just an offhand remark.

IN any case, I made a purchase on the card so will follow up on when I get my points.

Now I've just got to deal with TD assigning me a new Aeroplan number even though I filled out my app with my actual number...but that's another thread.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:23 am

Just reading earlier sounds like people who had applied via RFD just ahead of conversion were having difficulties getting their $60. Just an offhand remark.

IN any case, I made a purchase on the card so will follow up on when I get my points.

Now I've just got to deal with TD assigning me a new Aeroplan number even though I filled out my app with my actual number...but that's another thread.
Ahhh...well, you're slightly off target. You meant GCR, and not RFD. The MBNA AS card was $60 cash back via GCR only, as RFD never offered this card in their lineup. MBNA finally started to report back to GCR, and wife and I both got our $60 deposited to our cashback accounts.

Making a purchase AS card won't speed things up, points-wise. It probably isn't even required, based on pre-TD conversion of MBNA's online systems, but no harm to spend $1 on it.

For the timing of points into the AS account, the post-TD datapoints are that you still need to wait till your bill cycles, at which point you can login to MBNA.ca, go to the "REWARDS" page and see if the 25,000 (plus your small purchase's points) have posted to the card account. The next day you'll then see the PDF statement online, and you can check to see if the AS number is listed (correctly), plus you should see the points listed as well. I posted previously on what the format looks like, here. Once you've seen the points on your statement, then wait another 4-9 days to see them land in your AS account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.