Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:53 am

To provide an update - I called MBNA yesterday to find out when I may be able to create to my new login and to find out my statement date. The rep was unable to tell me because of the same issue which was delaying me being able to create the login. He noted it has been sent to their "tech team" and that is generally takes anywhere from 5-30 days to be corrected. Not sure if these issues are because of the fact I cancelled my previous card 3.5 months ago. I was told by the rep at that time that if I reapplied within 3 months that they would simply reopen my account. I do have a different account number than I previously had so will need to be patient.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: *void
Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Quick datapoint:
Saw my first statement online, and with it the 25,000 points were posted to it. Now, just a matter of waiting for them to incubate and appear at my online AlaskaAir.com account. Good luck everyone, who had their first statement cycle yesterday (17th)!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:43 am

I've already paid for my second annual fee a month ago and still don't see my 2nd companion fare...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Anyone else having their Canadian Alaska card points stop posting.

I have been reading parts of this thread and it sounds like people are mainly having problems with the sign-up bonus not posting. Anyhow, I am not churning so I wasn't too worried.

Anyhow, no problems, all year, the purchases post on about the 10th of every month. EXCEPT, the December bill my points didn't post.

Has anyone else had a problem with just this last December's bill?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:30 am

My Dec billing cycle was shifted one day (Nov 2 to Dec 3).

Had a transaction date of Dec 4 on AS, but not sure when it posted (I think AS backdates)
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by smilee

I have been reading parts of this thread and it sounds like people are mainly having problems with the sign-up bonus not posting. Anyhow, I am not churning so I wasn't too worried.

Anyhow, no problems, all year, the purchases post on about the 10th of every month. EXCEPT, the December bill my points didn't post.

I have been using my card since receiving it Dec 8. After speaking with MBNA twice since then I still cannot even set up my account online and was told this could take up to 30 days. Doubtful I will see my miles or companion code until this is resolved .
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:36 am

Got tired of waiting for the card to re-appear on GCR, so I applied for a new card today.

Nice to see, I was auto-approved for once. The latest was in addition to a "brace" that were not auto-approved.

My wife also applied last week, auto-approved. Her points haven't posted yet. Will keep track of that. She was dragging her heels on applying for the second. When I told her "you're flying in Y", she was spurred to action.

As long as I get them within a couple months, I'll be ok.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:29 pm

Any updates as to how long it takes for miles and/or bonus to transfer to AS? My MC statement also reads like this:

Your Rewards Update as of 11/13/14
Mileage Plan Number 000987654321
Base Miles 814
Bonus Miles 25000
Miles Adjusted 0
--------
Miles shared with Alaska Airlines 0

But... for weeks nothing has happened over at AS, nor do I see anything related to companion ticket.

Any ideas?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:26 pm

Yes me too. Up until this point I was thinking how lucky I had been during the transition over to TD. Had no problems setting up the online account after the transition.

Originally Posted by okazon69
Any updates as to how long it takes for miles and/or bonus to transfer to AS? My MC statement also reads like this:

Base Miles 814
Bonus Miles 25000
Miles Adjusted 0
--------

But... for weeks nothing has happened over at AS, nor do I see anything related to companion ticket.

Any ideas?
Same statement note as I have - zip miles being shared with Alaska Airlines for the last two statements Hoping this is just a glitch that will sort itself out but I'll be looking into it after next statement if not.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP

An existing account with a Dec. 10 Closing Date appeared on the AS site today (Dec. 19). I assume that it came through sometime overnight.

Other than slower than what we have become accustomed to, I can’t provide a specific timeframe for October and November.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:51 pm

New credit card = new MP account!

So I figured out what the problem was.... MP created a new account for me when I got the credit card! After spending 20 minutes on the phone with a helpful MBNA person, who conferenced in a helpful AS person, hopefully now things are sorted out.... We'll see later this week.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
If the AS number listed in the statement and/or at the bottom of your card is not the same as the one you filled in on the application, then they created a new account number. Happened once before, but MBNA was notified and within a few weeks the points were correctly moved into the correct AS account.

So, the paper statement just arrived by mail, and it shows:
Base Miles 814
Bonus Miles 25000
Miles Adjusted 0
--------

Base Miles 814
Bonus Miles 25000
Miles Adjusted 0
--------

So I figured out what the problem was.... MP created a new account for me when I got the credit card! After spending 20 minutes on the phone with a helpful MBNA person, who conferenced in a helpful AS person, hopefully now things are sorted out.... We'll see later this week.
Heh, at first I thought it was weird that your MC statement posted the same miles as my wife's statement in Nov, and then I realized you were copy/pasting my prior post above, from earlier in Nov (same AS number too!).

So, you've determined now that your AS number was indeed different than shown on your statement and corrected it. Thanks for sharing that MBNA will pull in AS reps 'LIVE' as needed to correct these issues. It's faster than simply taking down your correct info and giving you a 'wait a week for us to resolve it for you', as this is usually the only proposition they've offered us in like-wise situations.

Meanwhile, I've said it often, but I can't emphasize enough that it would be in your best interest when applying for new card's which are affiliated with a separate FFP, to always call in once you've received your new card, and to verify with the reps that the associated/linked-in account number is the one that it should be.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)

Base Miles 814
Bonus Miles 25000
Miles Adjusted 0
--------

Any ideas?
My statement, which posted yesterday, shows exactly the same: XXXX base miles and 0 miles shared with Alaska. This is not a new card, I have had it for 2 years. And my mileage plan number is correct. It has to be a glitch from the transition. I'll watch it for a month and if the miles don't post in my AS account when the next statement drops, I'll call them.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
My statement, which posted yesterday, shows exactly the same: XXXX base miles and 0 miles shared with Alaska. This is not a new card, I have had it for 2 years. And my mileage plan number is correct. It has to be a glitch from the transition. I'll watch it for a month and if the miles don't post in my AS account when the next statement drops, I'll call them.
FF, as other EXISTING MBNA AS cardholders have reported, the points have NOT been posting to AS the day after the statement posts. It now appears to take between 6 and 9 days after the statement cycle date. Look for the points in your AS account at that time (near XMAS day).
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
FF, as other EXISTING MBNA AS cardholders have reported, the points have NOT been posting to AS the day after the statement posts. It now appears to take between 6 and 9 days after the statement cycle date. Look for the points in your AS account at that time (near XMAS day).
Thanks JJJ. I'm not really worried, I know it will all work out. I just thought it strange that the miles shared with Alaska was 0. I probably wouldn't even have noticed it if it wasn't for this thread. I am a naively trusting soul who believes that they just always get it right. It just looked odd that my points showed as earned but not sent to AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.