Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Great White North
I just ran into this today. I called MBNA and they said they would pass it on to the technical support group and get back to me. I pointed out to them that the card is useless to me if I can't get transaction downloads to work properly and will be cancelling the card prior to my annual fee coming due Nov 20 if this isn't fixed.
I agree with you. There's no point in trying to use Quicken with the way things are now. I still use the card - just can't download to Quicken. I've signed up for an alert with Quicken that once the problem is resolved I will be notified. I will be sure to pass it along here.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
One should
- create Alaska account, get # to input during CC application
- see 25K posted to Alaska
- Then GCR $60 rebate posted
- before receiving the card

At least that was my experiences (both times)
Follow up with MBNA then
So I called MBNA, and they verified that they can see the welcome points on their account but they said it can take a few weeks for it to show up on the Alaska Airlines website. Sounds odd to me? Anyone else seeing this since MBNA has transitioned over??
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by bjywong
So I called MBNA, and they verified that they can see the welcome points on their account but they said it can take a few weeks for it to show up on the Alaska Airlines website. Sounds odd to me? Anyone else seeing this since MBNA has transitioned over??
Not exactly this, but if you log into your MBNA on-line account and click over to the REWARDS site, you can see what is happening to your points (and when they transfer to Alaska) by:
- selecting "Account Details" then "Earning Activity" drop down will show the points that have accrued to your MBNA account (various date ranges/periods can be selected).
- selecting "Account Details" then "Transfer Activity" will show how much and when points were actually moved to your Alaska account. (it typically takes a couple of days for the transfer to show up at Alaska).

Assuming your bonus has appeared in "Earning Activity" but not "Transfer Activity"?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:27 pm

One should

Follow up with MBNA then
Me too having similar problems. They say it should come up in first billing cycle
Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
What does GCR mean?

One should

Follow up with MBNA then
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by jawnbc
What does GCR mean?
It refers to the Great Canadian Rebates website: www.greatcanadianrebates.ca

You can apply for a number of credit cards through this portal and get a rebate on the annual fee for the card.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Cheers!

Originally Posted by prmetime
It refers to the Great Canadian Rebates website: www.greatcanadianrebates.ca

You can apply for a number of credit cards through this portal and get a rebate on the annual fee for the card.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by robsaw
Not exactly this, but if you log into your MBNA on-line account and click over to the REWARDS site, you can see what is happening to your points (and when they transfer to Alaska) by:
- selecting "Account Details" then "Earning Activity" drop down will show the points that have accrued to your MBNA account (various date ranges/periods can be selected).
- selecting "Account Details" then "Transfer Activity" will show how much and when points were actually moved to your Alaska account. (it typically takes a couple of days for the transfer to show up at Alaska).

Assuming your bonus has appeared in "Earning Activity" but not "Transfer Activity"?
Cool. I think I saw something similar or exactly like this on the Rewards site. I wanted to confirm but of course there appears to be some issues going on with the website and it is timing out.... I guess I will have to review this again a little bit later.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Me too having similar problems. They say it should come up in first billing cycle
I've already had my first billing cycle
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
I've already had my first billing cycle
With the database/company migration things may be a bit delayed.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: FPC, Avios, Asia Miles, Aeroplan, AS, National
first post here. yay!

Wanted to ask if anyone knows if they are still doing the 10k World Elite Mastercard upgrade. I recently had my income updated and should be above the threshold to qualify.

Did they cut it after the move to TD?

Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by fusion327
first post here. yay!

Wanted to ask if anyone knows if they are still doing the 10k World Elite Mastercard upgrade. I recently had my income updated and should be above the threshold to qualify.

Did they cut it after the move to TD?

Thanks
Good point, I haven't done it on my Platinum card and I'll update it and report back

NVM, I have already updated it (to be $60K+) and so far, no upgrade to World Elite/10K points offer

Last edited by jerryhung; Nov 13, 2014 at 1:22 pm
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by robsaw

So the 25,000 points showed up in the Earning activity - one for 20,000 and one for 5,000.

However, in the transfer activity it allow shows 20,000 moved to my Alaska Account on Oct 27.

So not sure where's the other 5,000? Also, not sure why the other 20,000 hasn't showed up on my Alaska account
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:27 am

I renewed this card a couple of months ago. I'd like to use the companion fare, but haven't received anything on how to go about doing so. Should I have received a certificate/code, or do I just call in?

Also, my recollection when I signed up was I was supposed to get a few board room passes on renewal, is that still true?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by bizaro86
I renewed this card a couple of months ago. I'd like to use the companion fare, but haven't received anything on how to go about doing so. Should I have received a certificate/code, or do I just call in?

Also, my recollection when I signed up was I was supposed to get a few board room passes on renewal, is that still true?
Try logging into your Alaska account. On the left side there is Discount Codes--Valid. Click this and then the Shop button and it will apply the code.

Not sure about the pasess. I dont think I received any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.