Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by bjywong
Just reporting back on this...I received my 25,000 points 8 business days since my actual statement date.

You are right as always JJonahJ!
I'm not always right...I do tend to GUESS correctly a lot! But with that, I also miss the target...a lot!

Congrats on seeing the points...still waiting for my own points to post, by XMAS.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Good news! My other 25K was deposited into my account yesterday after I spoke to a helpful agent at the Mileage Plus phoneline. Wait time was less than 5 minutes. I was surprised how professional and efficient they handle the situation when compare to Aeroplan and Delta.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Plus?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Plus?
A (Plus)
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jma12
Good news! My other 25K was deposited into my account yesterday after I spoke to a helpful agent at the Mileage Plus phoneline. Wait time was less than 5 minutes. I was surprised how professional and efficient they handle the situation when compare to Aeroplan and Delta.
Good for you Jma12! And thanks for sharing your info...good to see duplicate cards are still going strong. If only Amex would let us carry multiple same card products....saw some people at RFD are getting two of the Amex Simply Cash cards now...but, it's an odd-ball situation where they applied for a new SC card, and then their Costco Amex also converted to become a SC.

Plus? Umm, it's Plan...Alaska Airline's Mileage Plan program.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Good for you Jma12! And thanks for sharing your info...good to see duplicate cards are still going strong. If only Amex would let us carry multiple same card products....saw some people at RFD are getting two of the Amex Simply Cash cards now...but, it's an odd-ball situation where they applied for a new SC card, and then their Costco Amex also converted to become a SC.

Plus? Umm, it's Plan...Alaska Airline's Mileage Plan program.
Thanks for your help JJJ! I am glad I waited for couple for days for the bonus to show up! I guess I'll see you at the bar on the A380 to DXB on EK someday
Old Dec 7, 2014, 12:45 am

I have forgotten the usual sequence of events when being approved for the card. I applied and got instant approval on Nov 28. Will I see the card, points or companion fare first? The AS website states 10 weeks for the companion fare - is this datapoint accurate at this point in time, or is it outdated??
Old Dec 8, 2014, 6:56 pm

I received my new card today. I couldn't set up the online banking so phoned in. He said he recognized the problem but would have to get someone to call me back when it was working. That was this morning. Continued problems with the conversion to TD. He also noted my bonus miles and companion fare had been reported to AS but they only generated them once a month. I asked if this was related to the billing period and he said no.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by prmetime
I received my new card today. I couldn't set up the online banking so phoned in. He said he recognized the problem but would have to get someone to call me back when it was working. That was this morning. Continued problems with the conversion to TD. He also noted my bonus miles and companion fare had been reported to AS but they only generated them once a month. I asked if this was related to the billing period and he said no.
prmetime, did you try to create a new MBNA login account for JUST this one single card? You can't add it to an existing MBNA login, it's a bug in the system. We had same difficulties, and then a rep told us to just create a brand new account, standalone, and it worked. Rep said that when they sort things out, we could then add our new AS cards to our existing account, and they'd give us a call to let us knonw.

Also, did you find out your billing date? Your 25K should show up after that (might be as much as 9 days later).
Old Dec 8, 2014, 10:50 pm

prmetime, did you try to create a new MBNA login account for JUST this one single card? You can't add it to an existing MBNA login, it's a bug in the system. We had same difficulties, and then a rep told us to just create a brand new account, standalone, and it worked. Rep said that when they sort things out, we could then add our new AS cards to our existing account, and they'd give us a call to let us knonw.

Also, did you find out your billing date? Your 25K should show up after that (might be as much as 9 days later).
Thanks JJJ. Yes I tried to create my own login unique previous cards and that's when I got the error message to call in. Good info about the billing date/25K. I will have to ask that when they call me back.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by prmetime
Thanks JJJ. Yes I tried to create my own login unique previous cards and that's when I got the error message to call in. Good info about the billing date/25K. I will have to ask that when they call me back.
Hmm, well the important thing is that the rep confirmed your 25K on your account, plus the companion fare. It's too bad you couldn't get the $60 through GCR to offset the $75 AF, but it's a relatively small price to pay.

Wishing you a merry 25K before XMAS (seems like a lot of people have the 17th of the month as the bill cycling date!).
Old Dec 9, 2014, 8:31 am

Hmm, well the important thing is that the rep confirmed your 25K on your account, plus the companion fare. It's too bad you couldn't get the $60 through GCR to offset the $75 AF, but it's a relatively small price to pay.

Wishing you a merry 25K before XMAS (seems like a lot of people have the 17th of the month as the bill cycling date!).
Thanks JJJ. 25K before Dec 25 would indeed be a great gift! Wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a 2015 full of free travel!
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:42 pm

got an email from GCR with the rebate being posted!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:32 am

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Same. And I checked at GCR to see if MBNA had returned to their lineup, but looks like not yet.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 2:07 am

Same. And I checked at GCR to see if MBNA had returned to their lineup, but looks like not yet.
I got my email today regarding to the GCR! I will be getting the $60 by mid-Jan! So happy that everything worked out the way they should! Thank you all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.