Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:54 pm

Any idea if GCR will be coming back with the $60 for this card?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by mangosalad
Any idea if GCR will be coming back with the $60 for this card?
it depends on whether the link is going back in the affiliate channel.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by rankourabu
so its now been 19 days - should I be concerned and/or calling MBNA?
Who do I call?
Just catching up to this discussion.

19 days ago from Oct 4th means you applied on Mon Sep 15th, correct?

Wife applied on Sep 13th (just past midnite).
I applied on Sep 16th

Called MBNA around Sep 22 (as they always tell me to give it 3-5 biz days before enquiring on status). Was told that applications Sep 12th and earlier were processed, anything after would be queued till after Sep 30th due to the transitioning systems. Was told that wife's app 'might' have made the cutoff, but mine was definitely NOT going to be processed till Oct. As it turns out, we both missed the cutoff.

Fast fwd, I called again yesterday, Oct 7th. After very long wait times, and getting auto-disconnects, I finally caught a rep on the phone. Says my wife's application was approved. But mine was not showing up at all in the "database of applications", but was told that it may still be queued, and to wait a bit more to see if it eventually gets processed. And then the rep gave a quick "Thanks for calling, got lots to do, no time to chit-chat and Good-Bye".
Old Oct 12, 2014, 1:02 pm

Anyone try to download their new statement to Quicken? I just did and it transposed my payments with my charges and vice versa. I'm using Quicken cash manager 2014.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 10:44 pm

Is this card worth churning now that the GCR rebate is no longer available?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: Enough
Originally Posted by bjywong
Is this card worth churning now that the GCR rebate is no longer available?
Yes.

Also, I suspect the GCR rebate will come back soon enough.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:09 am

I emailed GCR regarding the status of the Alaska airlines cash rebate and here is what they said.

"MBNA is in transition to a new computer system. They should be back shortly however cash back rebates for MBNA cards may not be back till November."
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by bjywong
I emailed GCR regarding the status of the Alaska airlines cash rebate and here is what they said.

"MBNA is in transition to a new computer system. They should be back shortly however cash back rebates for MBNA cards may not be back till November."
Thanks for the update!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:55 am

I had also inquired with GCR regarding my eligibility to receive a rebate after having applied for this card back in late September (I did not hear back from MBNA regarding approval due to their transition). Here is what they had to say:

"We have not received a report from MBNA since mid September. There is a delay for some reason. It does not appear to be a priority for them until the new system is in place. We inquired late last week and they said the delay will continue without giving us a date. I suspect sometime this month."

So my interpretation of this is that they will still honor the rebate once everything is back up and running. I guess we shall see how this turns out in a few weeks...
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
Unable to add multiple accounts under same user ID. <username> was taken as I have it reserved on TD easyweb I believe.

I now have <username>1, <username>2 and trying to get <username>3 but it failed and is now stuck in limbo
Website as been updated:

"Good news! Starting October 21, 2014 you can add additional MBNA credit card accounts to any of your existing Online Banking profiles if you are the primary cardholder on each account.

And coming early next year— you'll be able to combine all your accounts under one existing Online Banking profile, regardless of whether you are the primary cardholder or authorized user on the accounts."
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:09 pm

Unfortunately for me, now username1, and username2 are suffering from:

Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later.

Username3 works now though!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: Enough
Originally Posted by crimsona
Unfortunately for me, now username1, username2 and username3 are suffering from:

Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later.
Same. It worked a couple days ago though.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:08 pm

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Applied last night. Got called today to move some credit over card within 10 days...done
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:31 am

I have a Alaska card that I signed up for last November (around the 20th), but TD charged me the annual fee on my October 6th statement! When I called in, they said too bad.

I was wondering when does the renewal companion fare code get deposited? Or should I give up and just cancel the card? I have a few days left before it's due. Or does TD do partial year refund if I cancel in say sometime in December?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
They lost my Sep.16 application...

I guess I wont be getting this card until GCR rebate comes back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.