Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
No, that first one would've been your first statement, as idiotic as it sounds....sometimes Amex works this way too...you get the card in the mail, activate it, and then find out the billing cycle date is actually the next day or next week, and in the case of the Aeroplan Plus Gold card, if you haven't met the $500 spend requirement before the statement cycles, it's another month before you'll see them . Even worse is TD...twice I saw my card listed online at TD Easyweb, and the statement CYCLED already and I could view it online, but I didn't even have the card in my hands yet...so, I couldn't spend the required $1, and so I had to wait for my second statement to cycle, in order to see the welcome points posted.

But, for AS, as from previous experience, you don't even need to spend $1 to get the welcome points...but, if they did not appear in your first statement, and only appeared now in your second statement, then I'd wait another '9' days, for the eggs to incubate properly. You'll get the points...I don't think calling MBNA to complain will help...it just seems like that now with their new systems in place, under TD's servers, times are a'changing, and we'll probably need to wait for statements to cycle before seeing the welcome points posted to the card statement, and then a day or two (or a week) before we see the points punched through to the affiliated FFP.
Thanks for your helpful insight! I will sit tight and report back on this next week.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:15 am

Since we are getting close to the end of November, I decided to contact GCR on the status of MBNA reporting for the AS card. Here is there response:

"Unfortunately, they won’t tell us until the day before. If they give us a date and we announce it then they are late it will not look good. The thing with software is there are always delays. Originally they told us November and they have not updated a date."
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by bjywong
Since we are getting close to the end of November, I decided to contact GCR on the status of MBNA reporting for the AS card. Here is there response:

"Unfortunately, they won’t tell us until the day before. If they give us a date and we announce it then they are late it will not look good. The thing with software is there are always delays. Originally they told us November and they have not updated a date."
Thanks for the update.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:33 pm

Unless I'm missing it, GCR also seems to have removed the mention from their site about MBNA cards returning in November.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by SurlyJoe
Unless I'm missing it, GCR also seems to have removed the mention from their site about MBNA cards returning in November.
You're right. Interesting, it was there this morning...
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by prmetime
You're right. Interesting, it was there this morning...
It probably coincided with the email response I received from their membercare group this morning.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:15 pm

By the time you wait for this card to come back on GCR you could have signed up for two in 3 months and just pay $75 a pop. Not too bad for this card TBH! $300 for F on Emirates....
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
By the time you wait for this card to come back on GCR you could have signed up for two in 3 months and just pay $75 a pop. Not too bad for this card TBH! $300 for F on Emirates....
Yeah, i hear you, but I'm just coming up to the end of my 3 month churn cycle. Hoping to apply again in early Dec. Also applying for my wife as well, so $60 rebate x2 plus $9 referal bonus isn't just pennies.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: *void
My long-delayed MBNA AS card finally arrived in the mail. I had already setup an MBNA.ca login account to register all of my previous MBNA cards (cards which existing PRIOR to the new systems, before Oct 2014). However, I couldn't add this new card to the same MBNA.ca profile. Had the same difficulties with my wife's new AS card, and her card had arrived 3 weeks ago.

Anyway, after discussing with a rep, I was advised to just create a second MBNA.ca account, reason being that their systems are currently unable to add NEW (post-Oct) MBNA account to the same profile, but they will fix it eventually. Meanwhile, the workaround is to create a new MBNA.ca profile for any new cards that have been opened after their turbulent systems-conversion. This worked, and I could see my new card's details. I was told that eventually they will fix it and notify me that I can add this card to my one main MBNA.ca account.

Just in case anyone else has the same issues as we did, try creating a brand new MBNA.ca account for your new card.

So, I can now see that my new card cycles on the 17th of the month, same as my wife's. Meaning, I probably won't see my points till after my Dec statement cycles, around XMAS day.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:19 am

I had to create a new MBNA account too for the new card (applied Sept 11, just a day before it stopped working, got my 25K like before)

Not a big deal to me, since I'll eventually cancel this card anyway
Old Nov 29, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan,Avios,Alaska
My long-delayed MBNA AS card finally arrived in the mail.
Happy to report that I received mine as well on Nov. 28
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:33 pm

I applied and was approved yesterday - fed up waiting for GCR and needed the card and companion fare for an upcoming trip. I hope I don't have to wait months for the card like some have here.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by prmetime
I applied and was approved yesterday - fed up waiting for GCR and needed the card and companion fare for an upcoming trip. I hope I don't have to wait months for the card like some have here.
You should be fine. It's only people who applied during mid/late-Sept and Oct (or whenever they pulled out of GCR) who are having issues with the long delays.

A couple of weeks ago, when I hadn't received my card yet, the rep said it would definitely be faster if I just reapplied online, as new applications were getting stamped and shipped out within 2 or 3 days. But, I told her I didn't want to take another credit hit with yet another new application. So she said that if I did apply for a new card, I could contact them and they could either pull my file, or resubmit the info to the credit bureaus to nullify the hit, but I didn't want to take that chance that they would be able to manage this. Besides, as I explained to her, I applied through GCR, and the new application would not have the attached codes to give me the $60 cash rebate. So, I tucked my tail and waited it out...and now my new card is here in my wallet, and I confirmed with a rep that the GCR code is attached to my new card's file.

All to say, you should be fine...and good luck.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:27 am

You should be fine. It's only people who applied during mid/late-Sept and Oct (or whenever they pulled out of GCR) who are having issues with the long delays.

A couple of weeks ago, when I hadn't received my card yet, the rep said it would definitely be faster if I just reapplied online, as new applications were getting stamped and shipped out within 2 or 3 days. But, I told her I didn't want to take another credit hit with yet another new application. So she said that if I did apply for a new card, I could contact them and they could either pull my file, or resubmit the info to the credit bureaus to nullify the hit, but I didn't want to take that chance that they would be able to manage this. Besides, as I explained to her, I applied through GCR, and the new application would not have the attached codes to give me the $60 cash rebate. So, I tucked my tail and waited it out...and now my new card is here in my wallet, and I confirmed with a rep that the GCR code is attached to my new card's file.

All to say, you should be fine...and good luck.
Great! Thanks JJJ.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:06 am

Thanks for your helpful insight! I will sit tight and report back on this next week.
Just reporting back on this...I received my 25,000 points 8 business days since my actual statement date.

You are right as always JJonahJ!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.