Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by JorgeGomez
AF1440 on 2nd. of march.
Really tasteful meal. I was really happy to chose AF and avoid the horrible meal on KL on that route.

Looks good!
Old Mar 8, 2024, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'm puzzled that there are still very few photos/reports of the new short haul boxes on this thread. Any more comments on those and on whether the new sandwiches and desserts are in fact enjoyable/high quality or a bit of a disappointment? (in fairness, I'm not worried about desserts as IMHO, AF is always very good with those across routes and travel classes, but more worried about the sandwich part as historically, AF sandwiches have been pretty mediocre)
Old Mar 8, 2024, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'm puzzled that there are still very few photos/reports of the new short haul boxes on this thread. Any more comments on those and on whether the new sandwiches and desserts are in fact enjoyable/high quality or a bit of a disappointment? (in fairness, I'm not worried about desserts as IMHO, AF is always very good with those across routes and travel classes, but more worried about the sandwich part as historically, AF sandwiches have been pretty mediocre)
Probably not too many people flying France domestic in J....
hhdl likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 1:18 am

Programs: FB Gold
I believe only flights from CDG to certain destinations in the métropole have J, along with the DOM/TOM flights of course. Other domestic metropolitain flights like those from ORY and the provincial flights via LYS haven't had J in years.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:59 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Probably not too many people flying France domestic in J....
certainly not o/d but connecting to long haul, surely I’m not the only one!!
Old Mar 8, 2024, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by orbitmic
certainly not o/d but connecting to long haul, surely I’m not the only one!!
Then we are all waiting go your pictures....
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:02 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
It looks like AF still can manage hot meals with options on medium haul flights. This is the business class meal from Cayenne to Fort de France as per trip report site : https://flight-report.com/fr/report/...f-cayenne-cay/

Old Mar 12, 2024, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by BA6948
It looks like AF still can manage hot meals with options on medium haul flights. This is the business class meal from Cayenne to Fort de France as per trip report site : https://flight-report.com/fr/report/...f-cayenne-cay/

maybe the AF Caribbean crews are not part of the same unions based in metropole who voted against hot meals in continental Europe
wuzziduzziman and Solevita like this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 11:05 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Bullspread
maybe the AF Caribbean crews are not part of the same unions based in metropole who voted against hot meals in continental Europe
FA unions never voted for the removal of hot meals. It is AF who proactively simplified the service for them when they removed one FA per flight in Europe.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA6948
FA unions never voted for the removal of hot meals. It is AF who proactively simplified the service for them when they removed one FA per flight in Europe.
​​​​​​
That was not a proactive removal from Air France management, it was a negotiated concession between Air France and the unions in return for reducing the number of cabin crew on European routes.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 12:07 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
Flying DUB - CDG this morning in J. Purser came around to all passengers to say that the airline forgot to load the meal, so the only thing available in J would be croissants. I presume it would be reasonable to ask for some money or miles back given that it’s pretty much the only element of onboard service that distinguishes it from Y?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fates
Flying DUB - CDG this morning in J. Purser came around to all passengers to say that the airline forgot to load the meal, so the only thing available in J would be croissants. I presume it would be reasonable to ask for some money or miles back given that it’s pretty much the only element of onboard service that distinguishes it from Y?
I tried to complain about a similar situation once. The initial reply was " Please be aware that a meal is not part of our conditions of carriage, and as such can't be expected". After a somewhat harsh follow up, they gave me a 50 euro voucher. CPH CDG flight.

So prepare yourself for an initial rejection.
AnaTFN likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I tried to complain about a similar situation once. The initial reply was " Please be aware that a meal is not part of our conditions of carriage, and as such can't be expected". After a somewhat harsh follow up, they gave me a 50 euro voucher. CPH CDG flight.

So prepare yourself for an initial rejection.
thats terrible, but why am I not surprised.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 10:15 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
This was on 29 March
AF1037 enroute LJU - CDG
Egg tadtef good even if cold. The rest I would wish to see warmed up. Dessert was good. Bread no, was chewy.

FUNNY enough, the only other passanger in business upgraded with money last minute and got the chicken fillet with most potatoes that someone posted above (the difference: dessert on 29 March was apple tart), which looked tastier. The FA asked who of us upgraded last minute and apparently my dish should have been better because was planned ahead. I would disagree.

Last edited by MitjaPod; Mar 30, 2024 at 10:38 am
Old Mar 30, 2024, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by MitjaPod
Egg tatsed good even when cold, the rest I would wish to ne warm. Dessert was good. Bread no, was chewy.
I do think that quite a few people might find cold poached eggs quite offputting though (it's not actually that unusual in East Asia but would be in much of Europe). I really think that if they are really intent on continuing with the cold meals, this is not an option which is going to work sufficiently broadly with their customers, especially if they also keep not offering any choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.