The AF short and medium-haul business class catering photo thread

Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:09 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by JOUY31
On the way back, I took the Lyria in Business 1ere. Let's just say that I find what AF provides on
medium-haul flights to be more enjoyable than what SNCF provides.
Since you mention, this is what "partner trainline" Eurostar offers in Standard Premiere from London.

There's also a choice of veg.
orbitmic and Bullspread like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Since you mention, this is what "partner trainline" Eurostar offers in Standard Premiere from London.

There's also a choice of veg.
that and single seats (at a fraction of the cost of a c return if booked early (but no lounge except through status or Amex centurion/platinum card)
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
that… and single seats (at a fraction of the cost of a c return if booked early (but no lounge except through status or Amex centurion/platinum card)
If you want lounge access (and a better meal), Business Premiere is still competitive compared to a C return, although I nomally don't find the upfare worth it (meanwhile upfare from Standard to Standard Premier is often quite reasonable indeed)

(...or, do it the old fashioned way, and earn yourself an Eurostar status though it would be nice if Eurostar joined SkyTeam, sort of like DB did, but better)
Old Apr 2, 2024, 5:15 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
If you want lounge access (and a better meal), Business Premiere is still competitive compared to a C return, although I nomally don't find the upfare worth it (meanwhile upfare from Standard to Standard Premier is often quite reasonable indeed)
Don't want to go OT (though comparing AF to eurostar between paris and london is relevant to many) but totally with you on the business premier fare not being worth it fir me. I get lounge access (and really like the eorostar lounges especially at fresh juice and cocktail hours) so admittedly have even less reason.

To go back to the broader AF vs train companies comparison, I'd say that premiere on tgv is particularly poor service wise (though seats are ok) compared to many other European countries (many uk train companies among them) where f&b offer in first class is in fact pretty decent. I accept it may not be relevant on many paris-originated trip but may well be for many European trips that could be done on af via cdg or by train.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:05 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold

Thats what ITA serves on a TUN-FCO flight in Business Class. Delicious warm meal and it was only 55 minutes. AF and KL are a joke!
Bullspread, Solevita and MitjaPod like this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:58 am

I found AZ meals better than KL, but worse than AF, despite being warm on one leg.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
I found AZ meals better than KL, but worse than AF, despite being warm on one leg.
well - tastes are different - I prefer a simple pasta with tomato sauce over a quinoa salad with cold cooked fish
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:31 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
AF1125 / LIS-CDG
First flight in the morning: no lounge opened, no voucher given for coffee, boarding with bus and then they serve you this:

Likely loaded the day before in Paris and spent the night in the plane, it was so dry...

"THE" croissant... fortunately it was warm
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:41 pm

Programs: FB Gold
^that is the same underwhelming excuse for a p'tit-dej AF has been serving for awhile
JOUY31 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 12:17 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Yolow
AF1125 / LIS-CDG
First flight in the morning: no lounge opened, no voucher given for coffee, boarding with bus and then they serve you this:

Likely loaded the day before in Paris and spent the night in the plane, it was so dry...
"Mais, mais... Mais c'est d'la merde :-D Non c'est klug."
Sorry Mods for the French quote... But pancakes with gherkins... For breakfast? Where is the French cuisine gone, even BA would not offer these weird combinations...
tff, milesaddict, Goldorak and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 11:18 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Yolow
AF1125 / LIS-CDG

"THE" croissant... fortunately it was warm
wow!!! Amazing. Seems that AF FAs still know how to use an oven. This business class meal is appalling. Have you complained?
Old Apr 5, 2024, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by BA6948
wow!!! Amazing. Seems that AF FAs still know how to use an oven.
Truth be told, many of us from France frown emphatically at the idea of any half decent croissant being put in an oven. Id say its roughly equivalent to the reaction one would have to someone putting ice cubes in their pint in the uk - respect the right of everyone to be weird, but weird it is nonetheless!!

arguably its less of an issue here in that afs croissants are rarely half decent, but then we frown at indecent croissants too
NickB likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND

That’s what ITA serves on a TUN-FCO flight in Business Class. Delicious warm meal and it was only 55 minutes. AF and KL are a joke!
Very nice meal. ITA has turned out to be much better than most of us expected.

Shame AF!
BA6948 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
Very nice meal. ITA has turned out to be much better than most of us expected.
!
to be honest, ita has mostly turned out to be a copycat of its az predecessor, down to the same brands of juices and biscuits down the back
Old Apr 6, 2024, 3:42 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
This business class meal is appalling. Have you complained?
Sure did
orbitmic and BA6948 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.