Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Data point.
Crossed 50K 18 Oct on UA, selected benefits 21st, package delivered today (Toronto).
8 business days from selection of benefits.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Data point.
Crossed 50K 18 Oct on UA, selected benefits 21st, package delivered today (Toronto).
8 business days from selection of benefits.
Wow. that was quick! All of my early qualification packages took 4-6 weeks from time of benefit selection.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Crossed 35K November 1, waiting for status upgrade to select benefits. Anticipating crossing 50K in December - probably too late for early recognition.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by islandcub1
Crossed 35K November 1, waiting for status upgrade to select benefits. Anticipating crossing 50K in December - probably too late for early recognition.
I'm in a similar boat. Was 400 AQM short of E35K after a flight on October 25. Crossed after a flight on October 31. Was hoping to be able to use some of the benefits for a flight tomorrow but no change to status as of now.

What are the chances there is a sweep in the next 20 hours?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LT PE, NEXUS/GE

Could anyone comment if AC does their 'sweeps' on a weekend? I flew my 95th AQS on Oct. 30th and it posted on Nov. 3rd but my status still shows 75K. I was hoping for the extra e-upgrade credits for a flight I might be taking next week.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by McScruffy
Could anyone comment if AC does their 'sweeps' on a weekend? I flew my 95th AQS on Oct. 30th and it posted on Nov. 3rd but my status still shows 75K. I was hoping for the extra e-upgrade credits for a flight I might be taking next week.
You won't get any eUps for hitting 95 AQS, because you're passed the early recognition cutoff.

You will get the threshold eUps at 100 AQS.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:27 pm

Qualified SE a few days ago, after flying without my AE number on a few YYZ-LAS flights, to shove them into November so the upgrades don't expire in 2016.

Dumb AC #1.

Flying home today, DFW, on AA. Working on status for them. ZERO incentive to fly Air Canada after 100,000 miles. Like, why would we bother. Zero reward.

Dumb AC #2.

Most flights upcoming are not on AC, because, did I say, ZERO incentive given the next Threshold upgrade is stupid far away? I figure I've got an extra $10,000 spend to Dec31 that won't go to AC and will go elsewhere. (To be fair, some will go to AC)

Dumb AC #3

I wonder if Ben and Ben et al actually read this stuff, and realize how much disincentive they have built into the system.

Dumb and dumber.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Qualified SE a few days ago, after flying without my AE number on a few YYZ-LAS flights, to shove them into November so the upgrades don't expire in 2016.

Dumb AC #1.

Flying home today, DFW, on AA. Working on status for them. ZERO incentive to fly Air Canada after 100,000 miles. Like, why would we bother. Zero reward.

Dumb AC #2.

Most flights upcoming are not on AC, because, did I say, ZERO incentive given the next Threshold upgrade is stupid far away? I figure I've got an extra $10,000 spend to Dec31 that won't go to AC and will go elsewhere. (To be fair, some will go to AC)

Dumb AC #3

I wonder if Ben and Ben et al actually read this stuff, and realize how much disincentive they have built into the system.

Dumb and dumber.
That's actually exactly my case as well.

I did 103K on AC this year (stupid stupid me ... forgot I was forced to choose early requal so that's 8K over, not 3!) - and all upcoming spend is on AA to get EXP. ZERO incentive to go further than 100K, since am flying non AC routes so no MM bonus and really no incentive besides that. Sigh. Wish we could at least carry (some of) the excess qualifying miles to next year... now there'd be some FFP innovation.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
InTheAirGuy & Pseudo Nim

Are you guys sure you weren't virtual guests in a a couple of conversations I was part of today with a few other fliers (some of whom do not do FT)?

Not only are your points the same, but so is the reference to flying AA.

Hmmm, good thing I remembered this fun discussion

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...snt-there.html
Old Nov 7, 2015, 10:25 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Completed my 95th segment on Nov 3rd, and they were posted online today - and my status is still E75K. Hope it won't take long to get SE 100K status.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 11:42 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
My 50th segment posted to account on the 9th.

Still at E35k. Hoping for a sweep before International trip end of Nov.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:52 pm

As Cow said, the early recognition cutoff has passed. On my Altitude Dashboard I now have a message that says:

You've reached a higher Altitude status.
Beginning early next year, you will be bumped up to your new level of privileges.

Dang, I was hoping for the doubled window to upgrade (LAS and still possibly SFO this year) and the extra AQM for flight passes.

On the other hand, I've gotten dBlack, woo hoo
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by islandcub1
As Cow said, the early recognition cutoff has passed. On my Altitude Dashboard I now have a message that says:

You've reached a higher Altitude status.
Beginning early next year, you will be bumped up to your new level of privileges.
Just noticed the same thing. Was hoping the cut-off would be a few days later.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:48 pm

I was hoping, too, but then again it mentioned on the Altitude website that the deadline is October 15. Next year I'll schedule my fall travel earlier.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 1:27 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Bummer.

I crossed the 100k line yesterday for the first time ever flying SA from DAR to JNB. Miles haven't posted yet, but when they do I should be at 100,075 miles and 50 segs with 50,507 and 26 of those on AC. My travel is very geographically spread and had to work a bit to hit the 50k AQM minimum.
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.