Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by Zontar
I received 10 eupgrades when I made early 35K.

I will make 50K by end of this week.

How many more eupgrades can I expect when I get early 50K??

THanks
It will depend on your selections. See here.

https://altitude.aircanada.com/static/pdf/2015_EN.pdf
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Zontar
I received 10 eupgrades when I made early 35K.

I will make 50K by end of this week.

How many more eupgrades can I expect when I get early 50K??

THanks
I was in the same situation - passed E50K last week. Was awarded 5 eupgrade credits + I could have gotten 5 more if I had chosen that option from Bundle #2. So - potentially 10 eupgrade credits.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
got an email from AC today telling me about October 15, and how I could shoot for 50K. I physically cannot by the 15th, but I will by the 18th. I hope they give us some wiggle room.
I made the error of trying to go to the Intl MLL (forgot I was *S and no MLL WW card). Ended up in the Amex lounge, which my guest blames for the food poisoning that caused her to spend the TATL flight vomiting. Good times. *G: Can't wait.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyquiet
got an email from AC today telling me about October 15, and how I could shoot for 50K. I physically cannot by the 15th, but I will by the 18th. I hope they give us some wiggle room.
I made the error of trying to go to the Intl MLL (forgot I was *S and no MLL WW card). Ended up in the Amex lounge, which my guest blames for the food poisoning that caused her to spend the TATL flight vomiting. Good times. *G: Can't wait.
If she got poisoned at the Amex lounge there should be quite a few crew incl pilots who did that day as well!
Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K 1MM
I am currently 50 K Elite. I have 74,180 status miles, and have no travel plans before the OCT 15 early recognition date. Is there a little leeway in the 75K recognition.... do you think they will give me the 75K status on Oct 15 although I have not quite made it? I have several flights at the end of OCT and End of November and will surely make SE in the middle of November. Is there any chance of early recognition for me, or do I have to wait until Feb 28?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by JO_YUL
I am currently 50 K Elite. I have 74,180 status miles, and have no travel plans before the OCT 15 early recognition date. Is there a little leeway in the 75K recognition.... do you think they will give me the 75K status on Oct 15 although I have not quite made it? I have several flights at the end of OCT and End of November and will surely make SE in the middle of November. Is there any chance of early recognition for me, or do I have to wait until Feb 28?
You might want to reach out to one of their reps on FlyerTalk and see if they can do something.

Last year, I was at 99,600 miles with two Asia roundtrips booked in the upcoming weeks. I wanted to make sure I was SE for those trips for better upgrade chances; so I contacted them, provided reservation info and so on, and although I was told they normally don't do it and this is out of policy, they did front me the status. I don't know what the threshold is - I was really less than 500 miles away, so maybe they figured that using previous rules, pretty much ANY flight I'd take would put me over, so it was a safe bet. Regardless, I appreciate it to this day, and although I didn't get any upgrades (damn 788 with its 3 J seats!), I still found it to be a good customer experience.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 6:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JO_YUL
One of my family accounts is 135 miles short of 75k. No early recognition upon request. Next flight is Oct 15, HKG time
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: AC:50K
I just hit 50K, and I can now select more eUpgrades. But I'm looking at the dates, and I'm not sure if I'll be doing any more flying between now and the end of February 2016.

However, the altitude website says that I have until November 3rd to select my 50K privileges, and "eUpgrade Credits earned on or after November 1, 2015 will be valid until February 28, 2017". Does this mean that if I wait a few weeks I can get eUpgrades which will be valid for longer? Or did I "earn" the eUpgrades when I hit 50K status regardless of when I actually select them?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 9:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cperciva
I just hit 50K, and I can now select more eUpgrades. But I'm looking at the dates, and I'm not sure if I'll be doing any more flying between now and the end of February 2016.

However, the altitude website says that I have until November 3rd to select my 50K privileges, and "eUpgrade Credits earned on or after November 1, 2015 will be valid until February 28, 2017". Does this mean that if I wait a few weeks I can get eUpgrades which will be valid for longer? Or did I "earn" the eUpgrades when I hit 50K status regardless of when I actually select them?
You should wait til Nov 1 to select.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Allvest
If she got poisoned at the Amex lounge there should be quite a few crew incl pilots who did that day as well!
Interestingly, Mr. FQ was on a different flight the same day and said there was vomiting going on in Business on his Rouge flight. It's entirely possible there was a common cause.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Interestingly, Mr. FQ was on a different flight the same day and said there was vomiting going on in Business on his Rouge flight. It's entirely possible there was a common cause.
Not good if that is so
Old Oct 11, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
For 1) It can take a little while. Once your altitude account shows your new status at the top, you can remove and re-apply your AP number from your booking (either phoning in or at the airport) and your new status will show then (but not before).
Is that all i need to take advantage of *G privileges? For example, I just qualified for 50K last week, and I'm flying YYZ - PTY this week. Can I expect to get into the CM lounge in PTY with my 35K card and my *G boarding pass?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sram
Is that all i need to take advantage of *G privileges? For example, I just qualified for 50K last week, and I'm flying YYZ - PTY this week. Can I expect to get into the CM lounge in PTY with my 35K card and my *G boarding pass?
Technically you can get in with just a *G boarding pass.

However, for partner lounges, it's always better to have a *G card with you.

If your BP doesn't say AC*G (and if you're flying on AC, it won't - it will say E50K*), you need your card.

* I was burned by that in SFO once. I was newly E50K, but only had an E35K card. My upgrade hadn't cleared yet, so I was in Y. My boarding pass said E50K. The UA dragon said I either need a *G card, or my boarding pass needs to say *G on it.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Technically you can get in with just a *G boarding pass.

However, for partner lounges, it's always better to have a *G card with you.

If your BP doesn't say AC*G (and if you're flying on AC, it won't - it will say E50K*), you need your card.

* I was burned by that in SFO once. I was newly E50K, but only had an E35K card. My upgrade hadn't cleared yet, so I was in Y. My boarding pass said E50K. The UA dragon said I either need a *G card, or my boarding pass needs to say *G on it.
Thanks that's useful, I forgot the AC BP has the altitude status not * status.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Darn it.

I just hit 50K today and I've got a flight to HKG this upcoming Friday. I don't think I'll get my *G card in time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.