Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: E35K,Skymiles
Received an email from AC today inviting me to select A35K privileges for 2015.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Sort of.

If you qualify before the early recognition date, you get the full package in the mail.

If you qualify after, there are sweeps that occur, so you won't necessarily get it "immediately", but you won't have to wait for March 1 if you qualify on November 10th.
That would actually be a good thing because then the selected eUpgrade package might end up with a 2017 expiration date.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Thanks for elaborating. That was my intention when I said "shortly" rather than "immediately". Zontar indicated the expectation to pass 50K by October 13th which is before the official deadline. With any luck, those miles will be on record when the Oct 15 sweep takes place and Zontar will be rocking new luggage tags soonish.

When I was last 35K and passed 50K, I think it was late September, and I got the package in what I thought was a reasonable amount of time. This time, although I will just miss the official guaranteed consideration deadline, I hope that I will catch a late "early" sweep too, so that I can enjoy the *G before March 1.

I expect to cross 50K on a return trip October 18th. (Now I'm regretting accepting T and S class UA fares over Labour Day, because the difference would have had me passing 50K on the outbound Oct 12. If I'd been ruminating on the FT lore, I'd have had my spreadsheet up to date and factored that in. Ah well.
one of my family members is 135 miles short of 75K. she never updates the spreadsheet i prepared for her.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Allvest
That would actually be a good thing because then the selected eUpgrade package might end up with a 2017 expiration date.
You don't get to choose benefits for the 2015 year if you get caught in one of those sweeps.

You only get the 2016 year.

Basically, if you miss the early recognition cutoff, ALL you get is the higher status on your PNRs, and things like seat selection and upgrade windows. You don't get the higher Aeroplan bonus %, and you don't get extra eUpgrade credits.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
13 more days!

Who else we beat the instant gratification deadline?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You don't get to choose benefits for the 2015 year if you get caught in one of those sweeps.

You only get the 2016 year.

Basically, if you miss the early recognition cutoff, ALL you get is the higher status on your PNRs, and things like seat selection and upgrade windows. You don't get the higher Aeroplan bonus %, and you don't get extra eUpgrade credits.
So, the AC agent was not able to answer the question, that's after spending 5 minutes trying to explain to here what I was actually talking about.

Flight taken Oct 15. Credited maybe Oct 19. Qualifies for instant recognition or not?

Her answer: we have had a few of these calls over the past few days, but we don't know.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So, the AC agent was not able to answer the question, that's after spending 5 minutes trying to explain to here what I was actually talking about.

Flight taken Oct 15. Credited maybe Oct 19. Qualifies for instant recognition or not?

Her answer: we have had a few of these calls over the past few days, but we don't know.
You went out of your way to ask an AC agent such a question?!

You actually thought you'd get a reasonable answer... gasp, even a perfect one/
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad
You went out of your way to ask an AC agent such a question?!

You actually thought you'd get a reasonable answer... gasp, even a perfect one/
Haha. I hesitated but I was on the phone with her anyway trying to figure out how to get rid of a cancelled segment from my Upgrade account which was no longer on my itinerary. They are stumped on that, too. Took "national resource desk" 40 minutes to play with it and they still don't know how to do it.

It's cute, really. As in cute=ugly, yet adorable
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's cute, really. As in cute=ugly, yet adorable
So like, the world's ugliest dog kinda thing going on with AC.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanRulez
Maybe I'm confused with my SPG account...

Ok, maybe it's more closer to 3 days maximum for me, but yes, I've had other *A post sooner than AC as well
My paid C OU flight last Sunday posted on Tuesday.
My paid J AC TATL flight this past Monday hasn't posted yet.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Your Altitude and Aeroplan accounts can't handle all the transactions in your account. Data overflow.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanRulez
Your Altitude and Aeroplan accounts can't handle all the transactions in your account. Data overflow.
Which reminds me - I have a client who used an Integer data type as an Index and then their system crashed because the max Integer was reached pretty quickly. No, my client is not AC.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Which reminds me - I have a client who used an Integer data type as an Index and then their system crashed because the max Integer was reached pretty quickly. No, my client is not AC.
Oh, the stories I could tell you...
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:02 pm

My Sunday AC flights haven't posted either, and neither have my eUpgrades from both FP purchase and threshold. I'm thinking there is some sort of system delay at present.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if you need the flights to 'post' before October 15th?

I am on deck to fly 35 segments before October 9th, doubt they'll be posted by the 15th.

Also, does the sweep count for getting first status? I looked back through the last 10-15 pages of this thread and it seems there is no real straight answer on people who have 0 status at the start and if they get status for the early recognition. I see lots of people move from Status A to Status B, but dunno about first time status..

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.