Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The TG lounge there wanted a photocopy of my *G card (I was only confirmed in PY). I can't recall if the UA lounge asked for my card or not.

It never hurts to try, especially if your boarding pass says E50K, as that means at least one system has been updated, so it's possible another has too.

UA can look up your *G status with the command "JF-123456789*AC" (where 123456789 is your Aeroplan number). So you can always ask them to do that too, but I suspect it queries the same database that is used to print *S/*G on your BP.
canadiancow,

I'm actually flying on AC from YVR-HKG and vice versa. I understand there are a few *G lounges @ HKG. I guess the tricky part is getting the boarding pass to show *G, which I don't think it will.

Any other tricks up your sleeve that has worked in your experience?

Edit: I have my 35K card if that helps.

Last edited by bcrdukes; Oct 16, 2015 at 1:48 am
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
canadiancow,

I'm actually flying on AC from YVR-HKG and vice versa. I understand there are a few *G lounges @ HKG. I guess the tricky part is getting the boarding pass to show *G, which I don't think it will.

Any other tricks up your sleeve that has worked in your experience?

Edit: I have my 35K card if that helps.
In HKG, you have access to the Thai Airways lounge or the United Lounge. No one goes to the United one

If your boarding pass shows *G, you're good to go in the Thai Airways lounge since they don't ask for your card. No *G, you're SOL.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
I think this is the tricky part - getting the boarding pass to show *G.

I looked at all my previous paper boarding passes - they don't show *G status. Only 25K / 35K.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
I think this is the tricky part - getting the boarding pass to show *G.

I looked at all my previous paper boarding passes - they don't show *G status. Only 25K / 35K.
Print your Altitude page showing 50K, have check-in agent remove FF plan # and then add. If it still does not show *G, perhaps have check-in agent provide you with a handwritten note confirming your status will help?

You never know unless you try, right?

Show note to Thai Airways lounge, together with your Altitude print-out...

Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Just an update, my dashboard shows my Oct 18 flight and 50K *G Early Recognition. Relieved not to have to wait for March!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Gah. I *specifically* asked TK to *delete* my FFP from the flight. The GA even confirmed it!!!!!!!! But noooooooooooooo they found my AE # anyway, so I just requalified for SE. Good-bye late expiration eUps...
Old Oct 21, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E50K;HH Gold, Hertz Gold, Amex Plat, Prio Pass Marriott Bonvoy Plat, Avis President Club
I flew on Thursday, October 15 from YOW - YYC. Mon Oct 19, my dashboard shows 49,953. Return flight YYC-YOW on Tuesday Oct 20. Nothing update yet!
I still hope for early recognition. When is the next sweep?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
My 50K flight was Sunday and it appeared on Wednesday morning. As soon as I logged in to see if the flight had posted, and the invitation to select benefit was right there on the Dashboard. The flight should show on your tally by Friday, right? You might see it then if they're still doing Early Recognition.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AsiaMission
I flew on Thursday, October 15 from YOW - YYC. Mon Oct 19, my dashboard shows 49,953. Return flight YYC-YOW on Tuesday Oct 20. Nothing update yet!
I still hope for early recognition. When is the next sweep?
There are no "sweeps" until they end early recognition.

Before that point (which is officially Oct 15, but unofficially usually a couple weeks later), you get the full benefits of the new status as soon as you reach the required level.

After that point, they do sweeps at various intervals, where you get the basic benefits of the new status, but nothing is mailed to you, you don't get to choose privileges, etc.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:50 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Gah. I *specifically* asked TK to *delete* my FFP from the flight. The GA even confirmed it!!!!!!!! But noooooooooooooo they found my AE # anyway, so I just requalified for SE. Good-bye late expiration eUps...
Just don't select your SE package until after Nov 1.... so all those eUpg you selected will deposit after Nov 1.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alc
Just don't select your SE package until after Nov 1.... so all those eUpg you selected will deposit after Nov 1.
That's only for early recognition, not for people requalifying.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:12 pm
alc

That's only for early recognition, not for people requalifying.
Oops, not reading carefully again . I just jump to the conclusion too quickly as this is the Early Recognition thread
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: AC SE
WS Gold and AC E50K

I received both my AC50K and WS Gold package in the mail yesterday. I passed E50K three weeks ago and had asked for a status match from WS almost a year ago.

It's interesting that WS would send that package now as I haven't even flown once with them. I mostly fly ex-YQB to Europe so WS is actually quite useless from because of the lack of codeshare agreements. Therefore I pretty much always fly AC to one of the hubs and then a *A carrier across the Atlantic.

I haven't checked if the WS upgrade vouchers are transferrable but I would be happy to mail them to anyone who flies WS. I think they expire Jan 31st 2016. PM for details.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: AC Altitude E50K;HH Gold, Hertz Gold, Amex Plat, Prio Pass Marriott Bonvoy Plat, Avis President Club
There are no "sweeps" until they end early recognition.

Before that point (which is officially Oct 15, but unofficially usually a couple weeks later), you get the full benefits of the new status as soon as you reach the required level.

After that point, they do sweeps at various intervals, where you get the basic benefits of the new status, but nothing is mailed to you, you don't get to choose privileges, etc.
Thanks Canadiancow! that's very helpful to me to understand about the 'sweeps'.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Just waiting for my last flights to post - AC on 10/19 and UA on 10/21. That will put me over 100k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.