Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Zontar
Just to confirm, October 15th is the deadline for early recognition??? I am 35K now but will be 50K on October 13th. Just wanted to know if they move you up to the next tier automatically as long is it is before the deadline.
The official deadline is October 15. Historically, the actual cut-off has been around November 1.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Thanks rehoult.

Zontar, yes, you will shortly after Early Recognition get to pick your benefits for the remainder of the benefit year, and again in January for the next year (i.e., you are not locked in for 2016 choices). So you can start enjoying those lounges that are off-limits to *S, and get E50K eUp windows, etc.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Thanks rehoult.

Zontar, yes, you will shortly after Early Recognition get to pick your benefits for the remainder of the benefit year, and again in January for the next year (i.e., you are not locked in for 2016 choices). So you can start enjoying those lounges that are off-limits to *S, and get E50K eUp windows, etc.
Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2015, 3:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zontar
Just to confirm, October 15th is the deadline for early recognition??? I am 35K now but will be 50K on October 13th. Just wanted to know if they move you up to the next tier automatically as long is it is before the deadline.
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Thanks rehoult.

Sort of.

If you qualify before the early recognition date, you get the full package in the mail.

If you qualify after, there are sweeps that occur, so you won't necessarily get it "immediately", but you won't have to wait for March 1 if you qualify on November 10th.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by YEGTigger
I had an odd travel year. I started the year as an E35, and fully expected to travel less or the same this year. After last year's program changes, I gave all my paid J travel to DL and AA and tried WS more using the status match.

Then, my work demands changed and the second half of the year exploded. And AC was the best option. So, it took me until Jul 29 to requalify as E35. I early qualified for E50 on Aug 23. I will qualify for E75 on Sep 25 and SE on Oct 5.

I still don't regret flying WS, DL or AA. It's good to know your options. But, for AC I haven't bought a single fare above Tango and I haven't bought a single flight pass this year. It's been years since I flew Tango and didn't have an active FP. And it's been okay.
I also started the year as an E35.

I hit E5O in May and will pass E75 this weekend somewhere over the Pacific while doing YOW-YVR-PVG.

I should pass through 100k and be an SE for my first time ever on the 6th or 7th of Nov on my way to NBO.

I am just behind having 50% on my miles on AC metal, but with two transpac legs in the next two weeks I am in good shape.
--
13F
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Sort of.

If you qualify before the early recognition date, you get the full package in the mail.

If you qualify after, there are sweeps that occur, so you won't necessarily get it "immediately", but you won't have to wait for March 1 if you qualify on November 10th.
Thanks for elaborating. That was my intention when I said "shortly" rather than "immediately". Zontar indicated the expectation to pass 50K by October 13th which is before the official deadline. With any luck, those miles will be on record when the Oct 15 sweep takes place and Zontar will be rocking new luggage tags soonish.

When I was last 35K and passed 50K, I think it was late September, and I got the package in what I thought was a reasonable amount of time. This time, although I will just miss the official guaranteed consideration deadline, I hope that I will catch a late "early" sweep too, so that I can enjoy the *G before March 1.

I expect to cross 50K on a return trip October 18th. (Now I'm regretting accepting T and S class UA fares over Labour Day, because the difference would have had me passing 50K on the outbound Oct 12. If I'd been ruminating on the FT lore, I'd have had my spreadsheet up to date and factored that in. Ah well.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
Clarification regarding October 15 Early Recognition

Folks:

AC Altitude says:
"When you reach a higher 2015 Altitude status prior to October 15, you will be invited to choose your Select Privileges and will enjoy that status immediately for the rest of the benefit year. Note that, this year, with the introduction of the revised Minimum Air Canada Flight Requirement, you will be required to reach the new published criteria in order to secure status in 2016. Early Recognition is offered as of Elite 35K status."

Clarification:
Is October 15, the deadline which you must travel the required number of segments/status miles to achieve early recognition status, OR is October 15, the deadline by which the miles/segments should be credited to your AE/Altitude account?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
Folks:

AC Altitude says:
"When you reach a higher 2015 Altitude status prior to October 15, you will be invited to choose your Select Privileges and will enjoy that status immediately for the rest of the benefit year. Note that, this year, with the introduction of the revised Minimum Air Canada Flight Requirement, you will be required to reach the new published criteria in order to secure status in 2016. Early Recognition is offered as of Elite 35K status."

Clarification:
Is October 15, the deadline which you must travel the required number of segments/status miles to achieve early recognition status, OR is October 15, the deadline by which the miles/segments should be credited to your AE/Altitude account?
Officially, October 15 is the deadline which you must travel the required number of segments/status miles.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Folks:

AC Altitude says:

Clarification:
Fly!
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
thanks!
If someone (currently E50K) passes 100K status miles with Air Canada (presuming has fulfilled all AC metal requirements) by Oct 14, 2015, how long will it take AE to recognize their status? Is it possible to start using IKK on AE by October 20, 2015?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:14 pm

thanks!
If someone (currently E50K) passes 100K status miles with Air Canada (presuming has fulfilled all AC metal requirements) by Oct 14, 2015, how long will it take AE to recognize their status? Is it possible to start using IKK on AE by October 20, 2015?
AC usually takes two days at most to have the flight reflected in your Altitude/AE account. If the qualifying flight was on AC, then the answer is yes...most likely.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CanRulez
AC usually takes two days at most to have the flight reflected in your Altitude/AE account. If the qualifying flight was on AC, then the answer is yes...most likely.
Two days for AC metal flights?! Lucky you!

For me it takes 4 or 5 days for AC metal to show up on my altitude/AE accounts but yet other *A carrier flights show up one or two days after!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by yyznomad

For me it takes 4 or 5 days for AC metal to show up on my altitude/AE accounts but yet other *A carrier flights show up one or two days after!
It always seems my points post on the 3rd night after my flight.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
It always seems my points post on the 3rd night after my flight.
I'm into my 4th night since my FRAYYZ flight and it hasn't posted. I find this to be standard for my account. In fact, my recent BCNFRA LH flight posted one day after!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 5:21 am

I'm into my 4th night since my FRAYYZ flight and it hasn't posted. I find this to be standard for my account. In fact, my recent BCNFRA LH flight posted one day after!
Maybe I'm confused with my SPG account...

Ok, maybe it's more closer to 3 days maximum for me, but yes, I've had other *A post sooner than AC as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.