Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Darn it.

I just hit 50K today and I've got a flight to HKG this upcoming Friday. I don't think I'll get my *G card in time.
The TG lounge there wanted a photocopy of my *G card (I was only confirmed in PY). I can't recall if the UA lounge asked for my card or not.

It never hurts to try, especially if your boarding pass says E50K, as that means at least one system has been updated, so it's possible another has too.

UA can look up your *G status with the command "JF-123456789*AC" (where 123456789 is your Aeroplan number). So you can always ask them to do that too, but I suspect it queries the same database that is used to print *S/*G on your BP.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Interestingly, Mr. FQ was on a different flight the same day and said there was vomiting going on in Business on his Rouge flight. It's entirely possible there was a common cause.
Ok, so it wasn't because it was a Rouge flight.

I still find "Rouge Business" as an oxymoron. Just saying.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad

Me too. The best thing about Rouge Business is that it's not Rouge Regular.
I didn't get upgraded on my last Rouge segment (first time in quite a while), so my knees were glad I'd at least sprung for row 12.

For bcrdukes case, I seem to recall there was a way to print your Aeroplan / Altitude card from the website or try to take a screen shot showing the status banner. Has anyone tried that for the immediate time after status change?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Me too. The best thing about Rouge Business is that it's not Rouge Regular.
I didn't get upgraded on my last Rouge segment (first time in quite a while), so my knees were glad I'd at least sprung for row 12.

For bcrdukes case, I seem to recall there was a way to print your Aeroplan / Altitude card from the website or try to take a screen shot showing the status banner. Has anyone tried that for the immediate time after status change?
The problem there is finding someone who will accept a printout that says "Elite 50K" as evidence that you're *G.

That was my problem in SFO. "I don't know what E50K means".
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The problem there is finding someone who will accept a printout that says "Elite 50K" as evidence that you're *G.

You of all people didn't pull this up on your Android device and show them this?

https://altitude.aircanada.com/statu...ram-privileges

Last edited by CanRulez; Oct 11, 2015 at 8:06 pm
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by CanRulez
You of all people didn't pull this up on your Anroid device and show them this?

https://altitude.aircanada.com/statu...ram-privileges
Well she very specifically said she needed my BP to say *G, or for me to have a *G card.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow

Yeah, just realized you're correct. They should, of course, incorporate *G into the image for the E50K (and higher) logo / art.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad

What part of "Premium Rouge" do you find inferior to domestic short-haul mainline business? Seats and service all seem mostly the same to me.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by eigenvector
What part of "Premium Rouge" do you find inferior to domestic short-haul mainline business? Seats and service all seem mostly the same to me.
I agree with you, but to answer your question, it's one inch less in pitch, and a different IFE system (that I would say is worse).

The USB chargers are better though
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Heard an interesting anecdote from a friend today. He passed 25K AQM a month ago (previously had no status). I realize there is no early recognition for P25K, but he said there's no indication on the Altitude dashboard that he's passed a threshold and no email or other communication from AC whatsoever. Thinking back to when I first crossed P25K there was an email saying "you just passed 25K, you will be P25K effective next year".

Could this be an inkling that P25K may not even exist in the 2016 benefit year?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:25 am

I think when I first passed P25K, there was a message, but it wasn't immediately after it happened. It might have been at the time of the October 15 Early Recognition sweeps. I did not get benefits early, but I was notified early, presumably to encourage me to run for 35K before yearend.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:32 am
alc

I went from E50K to E75K, then to SE100K and I had been selecting the 50% AP Bonus, then 75% AP Bonus. Now I need to select my SE100K options and thinking not to select the 100% AP Bonus as I only have 5 flights remaining til Dec 31.

Question is will AC remove all the 50% and 75% AP Bonus that I rec'd so far this year?

I kind of recall some said they will, but I can't find those posts via search.

Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by alc
I went from E50K to E75K, then to SE100K and I had been selecting the 50% AP Bonus, then 75% AP Bonus. Now I need to select my SE100K options and thinking not to select the 100% AP Bonus as I only have 5 flights remaining til Dec 31.

Question is will AC remove all the 50% and 75% AP Bonus that I rec'd so far this year?

I kind of recall some said they will, but I can't find those posts via search.

Thanks.
I'd heard in the past that AC removed the bonuses retroactively.

Last year, when I did not pick the 75% AP bonus during my run up from P25k to SE100k, I did not have my old bonuses (25-50%) removed.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
So due to a business meeting being moved from this week to next week, I will only cross 100k next Wednesday - missing the cutoff by 6 days. I know they will sometimes do sweeps after the 15th - anyone here remember what that typically is? (knowing of course that nothing other than the 15th is guaranteed).
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by martyYOW
So due to a business meeting being moved from this week to next week, I will only cross 100k next Wednesday - missing the cutoff by 6 days. I know they will sometimes do sweeps after the 15th - anyone here remember what that typically is? (knowing of course that nothing other than the 15th is guaranteed).
It's pretty likely you'll get the full early recognition. If not, it's also pretty likely they'll catch you in a sweep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.