FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread
Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:56 pm
Pseudo Nim

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Qualified SE a few days ago, after flying without my AE number on a few YYZ-LAS flights, to shove them into November so the upgrades don't expire in 2016.

Dumb AC #1.

Flying home today, DFW, on AA. Working on status for them. ZERO incentive to fly Air Canada after 100,000 miles. Like, why would we bother. Zero reward.

Dumb AC #2.

Most flights upcoming are not on AC, because, did I say, ZERO incentive given the next Threshold upgrade is stupid far away? I figure I've got an extra $10,000 spend to Dec31 that won't go to AC and will go elsewhere. (To be fair, some will go to AC)

Dumb AC #3

I wonder if Ben and Ben et al actually read this stuff, and realize how much disincentive they have built into the system.

Dumb and dumber.
That's actually exactly my case as well.

I did 103K on AC this year (stupid stupid me ... forgot I was forced to choose early requal so that's 8K over, not 3!) - and all upcoming spend is on AA to get EXP. ZERO incentive to go further than 100K, since am flying non AC routes so no MM bonus and really no incentive besides that. Sigh. Wish we could at least carry (some of) the excess qualifying miles to next year... now there'd be some FFP innovation.