Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 7:23 pm

US stations presently have a shortage of the Parsley Omelet and will be substituted for the rest of the month with Swiss & Roasted Tomato Omelet with potato and chicken sausage, out of DFW and Broccoli frittata and chicken sausage out of the rest of the US stations.

(Applies to Express flights, unsure about mainline)
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
I have had it a bunch of times lately. It gets tired fast.

Yesterday on an Express flight the choices were the usual pancakes and omelette. Orders did not appear to be taken by status and the first two passengers took the 2 pancakes loaded (not that I would ever order pancakes). The FA didn't really bother to apologise to myself or the other super elite next to me. Just said all I have left is eggs...

The usual inconsistently inconsistent.
Should have pulled the DYKWIA card. Seems like another case of BS (barely service). I hate how crew members either make or break a flight thats its so inconsistent.

I had 2 transcons in J YYZ-YVR, 1 flight they do each meal separately like the before time and they other it was everything at once. Like I havent even started eating my main, how would I know if I want desert/cheese or not (plus where would I even put it space wise?)
Old Oct 13, 2021, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
I have a transcon coming up this weekend. Same chicken in porcini sauce. Come on already...
Old Oct 13, 2021, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I have a transcon coming up this weekend. Same chicken in porcini sauce. Come on already...
When was the last time you had this dish? Too lazy to scroll upthread.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
When was the last time you had this dish? Too lazy to scroll upthread.
Oh a few times over the spring and summer. It seemed to alternate between this and the Texas chicken. I am aware that they are struggling with staff for catering but the choices are really limited.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Oh a few times over the spring and summer. It seemed to alternate between this and the Texas chicken. I am aware that they are struggling with staff for catering but the choices are really limited.
Right.
At least there's been a choice for awhile now.

I'm just happy that spirits are back!
Old Oct 13, 2021, 5:31 pm

I'm just happy that spirits are back!
That's good news! Now I can fly again .
Old Oct 15, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: SE 100K
First TCON J flight in ages for me. AC118 YVR - YYZ yesterday.

Fairly average / unspectacular service and food. I did like the wines, particularly the Austrian white and the South African shiraz.
The salmon appetizer is decent. The chicken + porcini is alright, seems more like a premium economy dish.
Brownie dessert pretty solid.
For some reason the crew were offering only one of the dessert, cheese plate, or fruit despite the menu indicating the cheese plate was its own course.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
First TCON J flight in ages for me. AC118 YVR - YYZ yesterday.

Fairly average / unspectacular service and food. I did like the wines, particularly the Austrian white and the South African shiraz.
The salmon appetizer is decent. The chicken + porcini is alright, seems more like a premium economy dish.
Brownie dessert pretty solid.
For some reason the crew were offering only one of the dessert, cheese plate, or fruit despite the menu indicating the cheese plate was its own course.
You should've flown last year at the time when there was only one choice and everything was boxed!
The dessert/cheese plate thing was brought up recently. IIRC a semi-formal response from one of the respected unofficial AC lurker SDs was that it is one not both, but both may be offered if there is enough go around.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You should've flown last year at the time when there was only one choice and everything was boxed!
The dessert/cheese plate thing was brought up recently. IIRC a semi-formal response from one of the respected unofficial AC lurker SDs was that it is one not both, but both may be offered if there is enough go around.
Then they should change the menu to reflect that.
Bohemian1 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeppers!
Old Oct 15, 2021, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Was told they ran out of cheese plates only to see a FA eating one....SMH

What else is new?
Old Oct 15, 2021, 9:59 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I have had it a bunch of times lately. It gets tired fast.

Yesterday on an Express flight the choices were the usual pancakes and omelette. Orders did not appear to be taken by status and the first two passengers took the 2 pancakes loaded (not that I would ever order pancakes). The FA didn't really bother to apologise to myself or the other super elite next to me. Just said all I have left is eggs...

The usual inconsistently inconsistent.
How does express has both pancakes and omelette option while "premium" YYC-YYZ red eye only has the omelette? lol... I'm not complaining because the omelette is better but it's been a long time since I've seen the pancakes and would like to try it again. I've been really impressed with the omelette since I've taken a break from flying AC and been eating what US legacy serves... if anything at all... but it's going to get old so fast again if there's no other choice. Haven't flown express in years. Didn't even realize they served hot food, that is seriously impressive. I remember just getting cold stuff during my weekly YWG express days.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by CanadianMike
The chicken + porcini is alright, seems more like a premium economy dish.
That's because it is...
Old Oct 16, 2021, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
From the first series of flights. ✈️😃

YYZ-YVR

May have been Miss Vickie & Lindt service.

YVR-YUL

And first meal on the refurb A333.

Love the salmon appetizer.

I actually like this Poitrine de poulet, sauce crémeuse aux cèpes, pâtes acini di pepe, brocolis

(I may not feel the same way if it's going to be served for 6 months like the Texas chicken was.)

The menu shows it as separate line item (as discussed a few times in this thread).

OUTSTANDING.

Trolley service and the first time I noticed Courvoisier as it wheeled down the aisle.

😋!

YUL-YVR

Cheers @DNAwizard (as he noted in his post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33573077-post319.html )

Cheers with the cellophane croissants.

AC's other mystery "Case of the Missing Creamers" now solved. Not just for crew anymore.

YVR-YUL

Greenery. 🌿🌿🌿 But much better than the old salads.

Didn't take a photo of the hot meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.