Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Old Sep 10, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Between this and the MLL 'avocado toast', AC ought to be embarrassed to present these as premium offerings. The covid excuse shouldn't fly anymore (no pun intended), and just for illustration, here is what peer airlines are serving in short-haul J right now.
A lot of peeps here are so enamored with AC that they think this is perfectly acceptable.

Take a look at a few YouTube flight report videos.. Even airlines flying from (and catered by) 3rd world countries are serving much better fare vs AC.

Ron.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I can also confirm omelette was just served on YYJ-YYC (AC398, on the A220). It was a little different, will post pics soon. I'm flying YYC-YVR next, I will compare the omelettes.

Interestingly I booked this with the FP app, and even though it auto selected SPML, there was no reference to it on the BP and I was served a standard meal with no mention of my SPML.
IIRC, the omelette ex-YYJ has been reported to be different... looking forward to the pics and description.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Between this and the MLL 'avocado toast', AC ought to be embarrassed to present these as premium offerings. The covid excuse shouldn't fly anymore (no pun intended), and just for illustration, here is what peer airlines are serving in short-haul J right now.
I've flown 2 LX and 2 SN short-haul flights in the past two weeks.

The meals ranged from "AC-quality cheese plate" to "inedible mush".

But I don't think they're "peer airlines". AC and LH do not offer short-haul flights on any common routes. The only short-haul peers AC has are UA/AA/DL/AS/etc.

Also, that breakfast is pretty standard for "too short for hot meal" flights on AC. It looks very similar to pre-COVID. So I don't think there is a COVID excuse.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: AC*SE 100K
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Does anyone know if hot breakfast is back on western triangle flights?

Also is Prosecco still served? Thanks!
Not in the west but I had a mimosa on Monday flying YYZ-YWG at 9:00 AM and the sparkling wasn't a single serve Bottega so I would assume that yes- prosecco is back!
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by streetcircusdan
Not in the west but I had a mimosa on Monday flying YYZ-YWG at 9:00 AM and the sparkling wasn't a single serve Bottega so I would assume that yes- prosecco is back!
That wouldn't be "back". Non-SS flights never had it pre-COVID. In COVID they put the minis on all routes.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 10:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
Flying YOW-YYC this morning I was offered a choice on breakfast – the standard omelette or the pancakes with maple cream sauce. I opted for the latter, though everyone else was given the omelette without asking. Makes me think they might have just had a pancake order on board by accident, if that's possible?

(I was in the last row of J, so I definitely think I was singled out for the choice because of being an SE).
Old Sep 10, 2021, 10:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by talkeryxu
Flying YOW-YYC this morning I was offered a choice on breakfast – the standard omelette or the pancakes with maple cream sauce. I opted for the latter, though everyone else was given the omelette without asking. Makes me think they might have just had a pancake order on board by accident, if that's possible?

(I was in the last row of J, so I definitely think I was singled out for the choice because of being an SE).
I’ve had the pancakes on a day flight to LHR, and I’ve seen them on FT a few times. It’s a secondary breakfast item that I wish they offered on all routes. IMHO it’s much better than the omelette.
talkeryxu likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 3:19 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by talkeryxu

They must have had limited supply of pancakes on your flight. It is on menu when you look in the AC app. I flew PE yyz-yyc-yyz last week and I was asked for my choice of omelette/pancakes as were all the other pax.

Carfield and talkeryxu like this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K

YWG-YUL on express. This was not what was supposed to be on the flight, and was the only option. The beef risotto was actually delicious. The salad was inedible.
Carfield and unclepants like this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jmt18325
YWG-YUL on express. This was not what was supposed to be on the flight, and was the only option. The beef risotto was actually delicious. The salad was inedible.
Was this lunch or dinner?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 7:52 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Was this lunch or dinner?
AC doesn't distinguish between the two. There's only "breakfast" and "meal".
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:50 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
On AC129 this weekend, they handed out Lunch menus for our 20:00 scheduled departure. I flagged this to an FA and she said they were the wrong menus but the choices were still the same - "meat or pasta". Direct quote.

While mental images of a specific scene from Repo Man were going through my head, I reflected that it's really wise that she didn't pursue Marketing as a career path.
jmt18325 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
On AC129 this weekend, they handed out Lunch menus for our 20:00 scheduled departure. I flagged this to an FA and she said they were the wrong menus but the choices were still the same - "meat or pasta". Direct quote.

While mental images of a specific scene from Repo Man were going through my head, I reflected that it's really wise that she didn't pursue Marketing as a career path.
Why even have menus. At least humour us with a little description, even if it's just meat. Like, did the chicken have a name? Did it have any friends?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:03 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Why even have menus indeed.

The IFE promised me a menu only to direct me to the cabin crew. But I guess if they can load the wrong physical menus, they could also load the wrong virtual ones too.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SearsTower
On AC 246 YVR-YEG yesterday our snack was a bag of chips and a chocolate bar. And if you asked nicely, some almonds. On AC 245 return today we had a tasty anti pasta. The covid boxed snacks were better than the chip and chocolate.
On 246 last night, we had a real snack. Smoked salmon and potato salad.
Jasper2009 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.