Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
I'm on AC108 in J tomorrow.. Menu is showing only omelette or cold breakfast.. PY gets a choice between omelette or pancakes. Why?! Can I ask for pancakes?

Ron.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by newfbc
I'm on AC108 in J tomorrow.. Menu is showing only omelette or cold breakfast.. PY gets a choice between omelette or pancakes. Why?! Can I ask for pancakes?

Ron.
So, still the same...
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You can ask for whatever you want. I'm pretty sure all my recent flights have had omelette or pancakes in J, whether it's SFO-YVR or SFO-YYZ.
newfbc likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
I'm flying YVR-HNL in J on a 789 on Sunday. The menu is showing what looks like a PY or regular NA J menu, not Signature class.

Is Signature Class catering not done for Hawaii flights? Or is this just not updated since the plane only changed from 7M8 -> 789 today?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 11:13 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
I'm flying YVR-HNL in J on a 789 on Sunday. The menu is showing what looks like a PY or regular NA J menu, not Signature class.

Is Signature Class catering not done for Hawaii flights? Or is this just not updated since the plane only changed from 7M8 -> 789 today?
This is not a Signature route. See the very first post of this thread for details.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
This is not a Signature route. See the very first post of this thread for details.
Signature routes have had PY quality food so it really doesn't seem to make a difference.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Signature routes have had PY quality food so it really doesn't seem to make a difference.
Signature has never had better food, just more courses and options than PLH or non-PLH J. The food in Signature now is the same mediocre food it was before COVID, there are just fewer choices.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Signature has never had better food, just more courses and options than PLH or non-PLH J. The food in Signature now is the same mediocre food it was before COVID, there are just fewer choices.
PLH was more and better than non PLH.

SS was definitely better than PLH. It was not the same options. It was closer to pre-plated international than it was to PLH.

And these days, everything in NA is worse than pre-COVID PLH.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
PLH was more and better than non PLH.

SS was definitely better than PLH. It was not the same options. It was closer to pre-plated international than it was to PLH.

And these days, everything in NA is worse than pre-COVID PLH.
What do you mean by "not the same options"? SS, PLH, international, many of the mains were and are identical, e.g. beef with potatoes and green beans in red wine sauce, both now and before COVID. 4 choices (beef/lamb, chicken, fish, vegetarian) on both PLH and SS.

More courses on SS, but no more choice and no higher quality of mains.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 9:55 pm

There was always a substantial difference in mains on the 789 SFO-YYZ and the 320 SFO-YYZ. I flew the different aircraft almost interchangeably, depending on my schedule.

​​​​​​These days.. well I don't know, I'm not sure I've flown NA Signature in the past 6 months.
​​​​​​
But in the past, the mains were not the same. 3 of the 6 flights would have an identical menu as narrows. 1 would be different, as wide. And the remaining 1 wide and 1 narrow served breakfast.
D582 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 12:16 am

Programs: AC, KL
AC 241 YEG-YVR and AC 246 YVR-YEG. Smoked salmon both ways, I miss the old cheese plates.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by BML87
AC 241 YEG-YVR and AC 246 YVR-YEG. Smoked salmon both ways, I miss the old cheese plates.
I, too, fondly remember the mediocre cheese and amazing bottle (stop judging) of wine on YOW-YYZ.
canopus27 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 4:20 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
For some reason, when I saw this as part of my cold breakfast for YUL to YVR (What! No pancakes!), I actually thought that the crackers were made in 1922.

I really hate early morning flights.
StuckInYYZ likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Flight time under 1.5 hours on an E75. I found the breakfast was much better on this flight than the same meal on the various WBs (wide-bodies). The omelette and potatoes had a better texture. I don't eat the other hot items. I didn't eat the cellophane croissant or yogurt. Fruit was fresh and had flavour. Yes, shocking, I know. Fresh, not frozen.

Carfield likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 2:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
IAD-YYZ, November 2021

No food choice on this short refreshment flight.
Drinks with almonds were served first, followed by a plate with smoked salmon and potato salad. Tagged Wednesday, flew Thursday night

Carfield likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.