Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hey guys

I asked a few weeks ago if YYZ-YOW has the hot breakfast still and was told it’s been gone for many years. Well… it’s back

omelette. I didn't eat it but I got it for the photo. We were row 3 and the guy beside me literally had 5 minutes to eat before we were preparing for landing... lol. I think he knew because he wolfed it down like a champ!
yyznomad and bcard519 like this.

Last edited by SKYEG; Oct 25, 2021 at 7:32 am
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Hey guys

I asked a few weeks ago if YYZ-YOW has the hot breakfast still and was told its been gone for many years. Well its back

omelette. I didn't eat it but I got it for the photo. We were row 3 and the guy beside me literally had 5 minutes to eat before we were preparing for landing... lol. I think he knew because he wolfed it down like a champ!
This is excellent news.

So all the reasons/excuses they previously gave, at that time, for stopping hot food back then were actually just BS?
I'm curious as to what changed to have it brought back.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I had the beef tenderloin on YHZ-YYZ yesterday. It was actually really good.

But then the menu was identical on my connecting YYZ-SFO. Sometimes variety is nice.
DNAwizard and jmt18325 like this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:53 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yeah the tenderloin was better than my recollection of the variably dry manicotti. But I didn't want it twice in one day.
DNAwizard likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I had the beef tenderloin on YHZ-YYZ yesterday. It was actually really good.

But then the menu was identical on my connecting YYZ-SFO. Sometimes variety is nice.
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Yeah the tenderloin was better than my recollection of the variably dry manicotti. But I didn't want it twice in one day.
I feel like reports/experiences of "actually" good beef tenderloin on AC is still a rare thing. But I guess it is since the word actually had to be used.
Hopefully this a sign of good things.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:44 pm

Shoutout to the EXCELLENT older Asian lady SD YYZ-YYC. She not only greeted SEs personally by name, she took all the meal orders promptly from them(pasta or beef, pasta went like hotcakes lol). Also wasnt super confrontational telling some unmasked people to mask. Very professional.

she then also took the 75K orders(me), and hopped around I think even for 50K!!! There are some non revs so I think she really making an effort since only two choices. I really appreciated this because even though I like the beef better, I just ate it and dont want it again

I wish I caught her name because She was so great. The exact type of seasoned employee that people need to see more often. On AA theres a lot of disgruntled employees that have been grandfathered since the olden days and that gives a bad rep to those seasoned. Which obviously isnt fare. With her it was just a complete different experience. Her tenure with AC actually made her the best SD Ive had in years. Usually older SDs arent as nice to me as younger ones(being young) but she treated everyone so well.
EdmFlyBoi and MillennialMiles like this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:18 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Shoutout to the EXCELLENT older Asian lady SD YYZ-YYC. She not only greeted SEs personally by name, she took all the meal orders promptly from them(pasta or beef, pasta went like hotcakes lol). Also wasnt super confrontational telling some unmasked people to mask. Very professional.

she then also took the 75K orders(me), and hopped around I think even for 50K!!! There are some non revs so I think she really making an effort since only two choices. I really appreciated this because even though I like the beef better, I just ate it and dont want it again

I wish I caught her name because She was so great. The exact type of seasoned employee that people need to see more often. On AA theres a lot of disgruntled employees that have been grandfathered since the olden days and that gives a bad rep to those seasoned. Which obviously isnt fare. With her it was just a complete different experience. Her tenure with AC actually made her the best SD Ive had in years. Usually older SDs arent as nice to me as younger ones(being young) but she treated everyone so well.
You should write in the compliment. Usually the good SD's are recognized by frequent fliers and that goes a long way for them.
SKYEG and yyztozag like this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think I know who you're talking about - she likes that route (that's what she told me). Yeah, she's awesome.
If I can recall her name I'll let you know (I only remember part of it).
SKYEG likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 10:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Hey guys

I asked a few weeks ago if YYZ-YOW has the hot breakfast still and was told its been gone for many years. Well its back

Spare QR short-haul routes, this has to be the nicest way to fly 45m wheels up-wheels down.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:06 am

Write it in with the details of the flight. (flight number, date, etc.) Corporate can identify her and pass along the shout out.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:11 am

Thanks for all the help, an SE friend actually knew exactly who this was so I wrote in!!!
Old Oct 26, 2021, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for all the help, an SE friend actually knew exactly who this was so I wrote in!!!
Surname begins with "Ch"?
SKYEG likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 7:23 pm

The snack on YQT-YYZ in Business class was a veggie wrap with cheese. It wasn't inedible, but wasn't necessarily good. I'm also not sure why they put lettuce underneath the wrap since all it seemed to achieve was making the wrap soggy.

Veggie Wrap with Cheese
Old Oct 26, 2021, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold

I wonder if it is the same SD I had recently - similar description - she was also excellent. We chatted about Europe and how much she misses her layovers there.

AC has some really good SD's. It makes for a very enjoyable flight experience when they engage with the passengers.
SKYEG and yyztozag like this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 8:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
My first air trip since the pandemic is tomorrow - based on all these posts I believe there will be regular meal and drink service in J on YYZ-YYR ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.