Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Old Dec 25, 2021, 6:34 pm

Only breakfast as meal (no lunch) in business class for the 5-hour long morning flights to Aruba and Curacao that depart in the morning ?
Old Dec 25, 2021, 6:48 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Only breakfast as meal (no lunch) in business class for the 5-hour long morning flights to Aruba and Curacao that depart in the morning ?
Yes. One meal, consistent with all other North American flights of that length.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 9:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Saw canforce post up the YYZ-CUN menu that I also took on the 13th (that chia pudding is awful), so I won't add my photos. But I can add in what we had on the flight back, CUN-YYZ AC931.

Sky bubbles.

Salmon is always good. Didn't even bother w/ opening the plastic bread though.

The veal was actually quite flavorful and the risotto had good seasoning.

The crew offered a choice between the cheese/grapes, Nanaimo bar, or the fruit plate. Didn't want a combo, but the way they phrased it sounded like you could only get one. Port wasn't offered unless asked, which they had to grab from the galley. Other than that, a basket of Miss Vickies and the dark chocolate was passed around instead of given in a plastic bag like normal.
24left likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 9:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by smuncky
Saw canforce post up the YYZ-CUN menu that I also took on the 13th (that chia pudding is awful), so I won't add my photos. But I can add in what we had on the flight back, CUN-YYZ AC931.

Sky bubbles.

Salmon is always good. Didn't even bother w/ opening the plastic bread though.

The veal was actually quite flavorful and the risotto had good seasoning.

The crew offered a choice between the cheese/grapes, Nanaimo bar, or the fruit plate. Didn't want a combo, but the way they phrased it sounded like you could only get one. Port wasn't offered unless asked, which they had to grab from the galley. Other than that, a basket of Miss Vickies and the dark chocolate was passed around instead of given in a plastic bag like normal.
Wow, that's an improvement since November. Flew AC931 on Nov. 8. No appetizer other than the salad, 2 main course options - one vegetarian and one meateatarian that wasn't anything to write home about - and one dessert. The "sparkling" wine had no bubbles. On top of it, there was no bedding and no noise cancelling headsets either. I used my QC35, but Mrs. Wildcat had to use the useless AC earbuds.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 10:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
Wow, that's an improvement since November. Flew AC931 on Nov. 8. No appetizer other than the salad, 2 main course options - one vegetarian and one meateatarian that wasn't anything to write home about - and one dessert. The "sparkling" wine had no bubbles. On top of it, there was no bedding and no noise cancelling headsets either. I used my QC35, but Mrs. Wildcat had to use the useless AC earbuds.
The choice of main course was good. But, no bedding on both AC930/931, which I was really hoping for especially on the way to CUN as it was a 9am flight. They did however have headphones on both legs. I still used my WH1000XM2, but the missus used theirs and was happy w/ them.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Two transcons. Same appetizer (salmon). Very average cod going east and terrible beef tenderloin going west. Back to 4 choices but still very underwhelming.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
From my recent series of transcon flights in J

Bubbles for Breakfast, round 1.

Thankfully, crew were happy to remove sausage before serving.

B.Y.O.K.K. & Bubbles.

A different flight.....

One bite and it was cumin overkill. Moved the plate to the side and enjoyed the glass of wine, with the cheese plate

Another flight and bubbles with a view

Skipped the cellphone croissant and the grey bits in the bowl.

Sure, thanks.

Cookie and a creamer.

FWP alert: almost a year of this plastic bag and knot thing. I find it tacky for the "Signature class" meal service.

Another flight.....

After the episode of the cumin enhanced chicken shown above, I decided to skip the hot meals as the other options just didn't appeal to me. I asked the crew to serve the cabin and I'd be happy with whatever was left.

This was left and I was so excited. Yes, sure, it's just AC plane food but still.

Yum!

Foliage!! 🌿🌿🌿

Mmmmmmmm 😂

Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
No champagne in NA Signature Service

Since last summer, the NA Catering has returned just about to normal in all cabins.

There is a substantial price difference in NA long-haul service between narrow-body Business and widebody Signature.

My question is why there is no champagne in NA Signature, especially when wines and hard liquor are similar to international Signature offerings?

Westjet offers champagne in their B787 business class throughout NA.

Prosecco makes the AC Signature Light or Signature Minus.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Recall @tracon's post in the Economy meals' thread

Originally Posted by tracon
Got juice in a box instead of in a glass.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33884627-post43.html

I saw this in a review on an aviation site, posted Dec 27 2021. This was J on the A223 and the route was YYZ-SEA.

QUOTE:

Unrelated to the J Juice Box .....

Link to full review

https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2021/1...-seat-excites/

I guess I now have some exciting things to look forward to.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:17 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
Unrelated to the J Juice Box .....

<photo>

Link to full review
You'd think that after serving this exact same meal for... 15 years or more?... AC would have refined it somewhat more. But perhaps they've been focusing on refining profitability of the meal rather than taste.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
You'd think that after serving this exact same meal for... 15 years or more?... AC would have refined it somewhat more. But perhaps they've been focusing on refining profitability of the meal rather than taste.
Sure. Maybe. But tastes costs more and well, a budget is a budget. We can always get CBC Marketplace to investigate. 😂

Your comment re 15 years of this beef meal (and allowing for creative variations such as green beans versus broccoli), I was almost going to do an "AC Beef on a Plane" post, gathering up all the beef meal photos posted in various threads. However, unlike this thread Air Canada: Cake…..on a Plane (which I need to update), and unlike this post AC Pasta on a Plane https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33508987-post13.html , I think multiple consecutive photos of AC beef would scare people.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:17 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I think multiple consecutive photos of AC beef would scare people.
It would scare at least one person - me.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: AC SE

I saw this in a review on an aviation site, posted Dec 27 2021. This was J on the A223 and the route was YYZ-SEA.

QUOTE:

Link to full review

https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2021/1...-seat-excites/

I guess I now have some exciting things to look forward to.
Haha, a juice box looks so out of place in J.

Although I had a lunch on UA that was miscatered and they provided cheese and crackers with a box of raisins on the side.

I feel like the AC juicebox plus the UA cheese and raisin lunch tray would be a good combo if Star Alliance was trying to replicate a snack/lunch from an elementary school cafeteria (replace UA diet coke with AC juice box).
24left likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Does anyone have a photo of the Broccoli Frittata? I am intrigued as to what it looks like compared to the usual omelette.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:26 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Sure. Maybe. But tastes costs more and well, a budget is a budget. We can always get CBC Marketplace to investigate. 😂

Actually you two or some of the longterm regulars will know this answer for sure.

What's been around the longer?
The Beef Tenderloin with Green Beans or the Parsley Omelette with Red Pepper Relish?

If I had any beef with AC, it's the never changing "Century Egg Omelette" 🙄

24left, its true a budget is a budget.
The caterer can serve anything, as long as the airline is willing to pay up.
It's no mistake other airlines can cater Lobster, Abalone, Foie Gras, Krug/Dom Champagne...

With that said, some stations have better quality/standards than others.
In my non-AC flying days, I was skeptical of meals uplift from LHR/PVG/PEK because of repeat bad experiences...

Swap school for Air Canada, I'm not sure I want to know we've been eating.
Maybe we've been eating Shredded Newspaper or Gym Mat meats all this time 😂

Originally Posted by codfather
Does anyone have a photo of the Broccoli Frittata? I am intrigued as to what it looks like compared to the usual omelette.
Maybe try bugging the Cow, he saids he had the frittata in this post? 🤷‍♂️

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33822061-post297.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.