Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: VIA Rail - Premier, Fairmont, Cunard - Diamond, AC - Mere mortal
I am amused that AC is serving the same horrid cold wrapped buns as VIA Rail is serving in the corridor - and the dreadful croissant as on my YYZ- YVR trip last week. (There were unwrapped hot rolls every day on the transcontinental "Canadian" but I admit that is an unfair comparison.)
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
For some reason, when I saw this as part of my cold breakfast for YUL to YVR (What! No pancakes!), I actually thought that the crackers were made in 1922.
Maybe it was found from under an old 333 XM seat and repurposed for a future J meal.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 12:00 pm
yrp

Originally Posted by 24left
I didn't eat the cellophane croissant or yogurt. Fruit was fresh and had flavour.
Yes for sure don't eat the cellophane, never as fresh as the fruit.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by David,Mississauga
I am amused that AC is serving the same horrid cold wrapped buns as VIA Rail is serving in the corridor - and the dreadful croissant as on my YYZ- YVR trip last week. (There were unwrapped hot rolls every day on the transcontinental "Canadian" but I admit that is an unfair comparison.)
Ugh. The plastic wrapped croissant is so disappointing. If I'm going to cheat on my diet with something as unhealthy as a croissant, it better be rich and buttery and scrumptious A F. The dry, processed crap AC serves in J is a crime against viennoiserie.
talkeryxu likes this.

Last edited by capedreamer; Nov 26, 2021 at 2:06 pm
Old Dec 4, 2021, 8:36 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
Mistake?

Looks like 4 menu options are back on NA SS?
Old Dec 4, 2021, 9:23 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mimo123
Looks like 4 menu options are back on NA SS?
There were 4 offered on my 788 YYZ-YYC flight the other day, although when the SD first came around during boarding, she said they had forgotten to load the pasta and they might or might not get it before we left. No sure whether they ever did.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yeah, that was discussed in the international food&bev thread. There's a lot of overlap between the two.

It started December 1.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC SE
Rapidair this week, Nice that they changed it up from the 3 types of fish that they were serving in October
Carfield and yyznomad like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by caziz
Rapidair this week, Nice that they changed it up from the 3 types of fish that they were serving in October
Looks yummy... was it?
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Looks yummy... was it?
Yes, Far superior then the previous snack that was on offer, has some substance to it which is nice, and goes well with a drink
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, Far superior then the previous snack that was on offer, has some substance to it which is nice, and goes well with a drink
What's that drizzled sauce... looks like a mayo or whiter chipotle sauce... or horsey sauce.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
What's that drizzled sauce... looks like a mayo or whiter chipotle sauce... or horsey sauce.
Some sort of a mayo sauce, Lacked flavour, I was hoping for a type of Spicy Salmon level of spice
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some sort of a mayo sauce, Lacked flavour, I was hoping for a type of Spicy Salmon level of spice
Oh man if it were only horseradish sauce like Arby's horsey sauce
I think I'm the only one here that likes Arby's anyway.

Here's to more Rapidair variety!
caziz likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:07 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I forgot to mention, for those who hate the knotted snack bags, I got one last week that was taped closed.

​​​​​​Also, there was a run of Lay's in the snack bags out of YYZ around that time, which was a nice upgrade.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I forgot to mention, for those who hate the knotted snack bags, I got one last week that was taped closed.

​​​​​​Also, there was a run of Lay's in the snack bags out of YYZ around that time, which was a nice upgrade.
Lay's! Not bad.
I am looking forward to having JW18 in J now.
Dreaming too big?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.