Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2021, 2:08 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Looks like the famous parsley omelette has been axed (temporarily?) in favour of a broccoli frittata. I was looking at the menu for YYT-YUL this morning and it is the broccoli frittata or the pancakes.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
FLL YUL couple days ago:

No menus

Breakfast was a choice of omelete or pancakes; both served with a fruit salad, packaged yogurt, and small wrapped croissant
Old Dec 5, 2021, 6:36 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by mimo123
Looks like 4 menu options are back on NA SS?
AC128 YVR-YYZ only had 1 option (omelet) on Dec 4. I haven’t taken this flight for years (nor need to eat breakfast at 5am ET / 2am PT) so just curious if that’s the (pre-pandemic) norm for this flight.

TBH the things I miss the most from the pre-pandemic days are hot towels and warm nuts in ramekins. I’m not confident if those are ever coming back. :/
Old Dec 5, 2021, 6:47 am

Programs: AC 75K
AC135 on Dec 4 - 3 Breakfast choices, Omelette, Pancakes and Cold Breakfast. Pancake selection ran out pretty quickly, Omelette and the rest of the tray was decent. Partner had cold breakfast, and he was very underwhelmed.
AC146 on Dec 4- 4 Dinner Choices, picked the Porcini Chicken. Meh is the best way to describe it...and the Appetizer and Salad were both frozen solid.

Both crews were great though.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by capedreamer
AC128 YVR-YYZ only had 1 option (omelet) on Dec 4. I haven’t taken this flight for years (nor need to eat breakfast at 5am ET / 2am PT) so just curious if that’s the (pre-pandemic) norm for this flight.

TBH the things I miss the most from the pre-pandemic days are hot towels and warm nuts in ramekins. I’m not confident if those are ever coming back. :/
The YVR-YYZ redeye flights mostly serve omelette since mid 2016 I believe. From time to time the departure time was early enough that an express dinner is served instead.

A choice of English omelette or French omelette.
expert7700 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
12/4/2021
SNA-YVR

Chicken with peppers, potatoes, in some kind of sauce (I didn't keep the menu). Blueberry cheesecake and salad. It was pretty good and filling, which was nice following the lackluster options in the SNA United Club. Other option was the cheese tortellini.

12/5/2021
YVR-SNA

The ubiquitous parsley omelette. Was either this or the pancakes. I also was pleasantly surprised with how good it was but I can imagine how tiring it would get if this is AC's breakfast every time. I had a laugh with the service director, when she asked about breakfast I responded how could I turn down the famous omelette, and she was like "Oh when I came back from covid furlough and was able to have them after 18 months was reminded at how good they can be." Croissant came wrapped in plastic, and was pretty terrible. Definitely the worst part of the meal. Was nice to have a caesar with actual spicy Clamato for the first time in a long while.

Old Dec 6, 2021, 12:26 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Flew 12/4 AC 112 YVR-YYZ, 4 Main Course Choices

Appetizer

Salad

Main Course

*The Spicy Coconut Milk was missing a bit of zing...

Cheese and Dessert

*Pick a choice and if one is lucky, get a 2nd Choice

Refreshment

PS. Cappuccino Machine is broken on C-FVNB
Old Dec 13, 2021, 4:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Originally Posted by AC681
US stations presently have a shortage of the Parsley Omelet and will be substituted for the rest of the month with Swiss & Roasted Tomato Omelet with potato and chicken sausage, out of DFW and Broccoli frittata and chicken sausage out of the rest of the US stations.

(Applies to Express flights, unsure about mainline)
Mainline SFO-YYZ is the same old awesome omelette.

I would suspect Jazz flights at larger stations also get the typical treatment, but I'll defer to you on that.
SFO-YUL this Friday is, unfortunately, the broccoli frittata.

Has anyone had it? Do I need to buy a breakfast burrito in the terminal instead?
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:57 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I had some kind of frittata YVR-YXE yesterday but it wasn’t broccoli. I couldn’t tell you what it was but it was…edible.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
The porcini chicken is extremely meh. No amount of salt or pepper can help this one. On the other hand, the korma chicken with the spinach curry is actually quite tasty.

The highlight of my travel weekend was the SD on my last YUL-YYC leg creating a makeshift snack basket! She threw in the horrible pre-bagged Ms. Vickies and Lindt Dark, but supplemented with some Kit Kats (that I assume she got from the BoB cart), and almonds. What a rare treat!
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC E25K, MB Plat
Originally Posted by capedreamer

AC 128 definitely was doing breakfast this time last year, I asked the SD and she said that was the norm pre-covid. Served right at departure too, would've been a little more reasonable if we ate right before landing but breakfast at midnight PT was definitely weird...
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The broccoli frittata was... decent. It would have been better without the broccoli, and I like broccoli.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by codfather
Looks like the famous parsley omelette has been axed (temporarily?) in favour of a broccoli frittata. I was looking at the menu for YYT-YUL this morning and it is the broccoli frittata or the pancakes.
Frittatas!
IIRC the last time I had a J Frittata on AC was in the mid to late aughts.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:56 am

Programs: AC SE
Rapidair last week. Looks like no shortage of the Omelette at YYZ. I feel that the omelette has changed in the last 4 months, maybe just me, but looks less yellow and processed/uniform
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: AC
YEG - YYZ - A220-300

YYZ - CUN - 777-300ER

CUN - YYC - 737 Max 8

Carfield and unclepants like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.