Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Curious to know what the OP says, but to me it looks like a béarnaise sauce
You're probably correct. I can't recall the last time I saw cheese on a non-pasta dish or the omelette breakfasts. I'm sure others here can recall. I'll have to go back and check all my scanned menus!
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm surprised you had it all on your tray at once. I definitely had the appetizer dish swapped for the main when the time came.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 7:28 pm

Maybe this is a FOTSG question, but does anyone know what breakfast is being served these days in short-haul business for flights departing from an outstation?

I've got YQT-YYZ booked for a 7am departure (<2 hour flight) next week on an A320 (equipment change from E175). I believe it would sit overnight in YQT after arriving the evening before, so I assume the omelette isn't possible? (Just judging based on the fact my last flight from YQT didn't have alcohol, the business class snack box or ice loaded).
Old Aug 27, 2021, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by zappy312
Maybe this is a FOTSG question, but does anyone know what breakfast is being served these days in short-haul business for flights departing from an outstation?

I've got YQT-YYZ booked for a 7am departure (<2 hour flight) next week on an A320 (equipment change from E175). I believe it would sit overnight in YQT after arriving the evening before, so I assume the omelette isn't possible? (Just judging based on the fact my last flight from YQT didn't have alcohol, the business class snack box or ice loaded).
So is the 320 flight now a mainline flight? (not necessarily related to meal service... more out of curiosity as I expect it would have a mainline flight number)
When I did YYZYWG (ML), it was regular hot meal service (so omelette), but that was >2 hours.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
So is the 320 flight now a mainline flight? (not necessarily related to meal service... more out of curiosity as I expect it would have a mainline flight number)
When I did YYZYWG (ML), it was regular hot meal service (so omelette), but that was >2 hours.
Yes, mainline! No Rouge surprisingly (which they've scheduled for later on in the year). The flight was cancelled and rescheduled as AC392 (AC390 at one point too) since it's being operated by mainline (triggering a flurry of cancellation emails and texts, only to find out it's been "upgraded" to mainline).
Old Aug 30, 2021, 7:30 pm

Programs: AC SE
Back to metal cutlery this morning on rapidair
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:35 am

CUN-YYZ 789 Business Class Aug 29, 2021 13:30 departure.

Odd- there were no menus in the suites, so the FA asked everyone immediately after explaining the options

Choice of Chicken/Potatoes or Lasagna.
Came with green salad, bun & butter, and chocolate cake dessert.

1 hr before landing, was given a snack pack with Ms Vickies chips, MadeGood granola bar, and roasted salted almonds.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:45 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Toddcan

Odd- there were no menus in the suites, so the FA asked everyone immediately after explaining the options

Ah yes…the ever-present chicken breast, “moqueca-style” and the spinach and cheese lasagna.

Those are literally the only two options they have been serving on flights to/from Atlantic Canada for most of the summer. Too bad you didn’t get something different on your flight from CUN.

I thought the chicken dish tasted alright, but it wasn’t as good as some of the pre-COVID offerings.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Toddcan

Came with green salad, bun & butter, and chocolate cake dessert.

1 hr before landing, was given a snack pack with Ms Vickies chips, MadeGood granola bar, and roasted salted almonds.
I've noticed that physical menus haven't really been passed out recently on SS flights. I actually received menus, handed out by the SD, when it was only one choice during earlier COVID times.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I've noticed that physical menus haven't really been passed out recently on SS flights. I actually received menus, handed out by the SD, when it was only one choice during earlier COVID times.
We had menus on the YYZ-CUN flight 7 days earlier - but it was a breakfast menu (~8am flight). The menus were in the suite waiting for us, and not handed out.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Menu shortage for the last few days of the August month. Menus should be back moving forwards coinciding with the September meal rotation.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 5:18 pm

Breakfast consisted of a beverage (juice, pop, not sure if there was alcohol available), a bottle of water and a package of Hershey's Cookies 'N' Cream Mix (the $4 one sold in economy class). Not exactly sure who's doing meal planning but don't think anyone would call that breakfast.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Breakfast consisted of a beverage (juice, pop, not sure if there was alcohol available), a bottle of water and a package of Hershey's Cookies 'N' Cream Mix (the $4 one sold in economy class). Not exactly sure who's doing meal planning but don't think anyone would call that breakfast.
That’s actually sad. Catering really continues to suck.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:43 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Menu shortage for the last few days of the August month. Menus should be back moving forwards coinciding with the September meal rotation.
I got a menu on my YYC-YUL Signature flight today. Then again, pretty sure I got them on both SS flights last week too.

A 4-year-old might
zappy312 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 8:27 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Snack basket back

First time today was given a full snack basket that I could put my paws on with Kit Kat, Chips and Lindt. Let the good times role.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.