Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Old Jul 27, 21, 6:47 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: I'm From Here
Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Posts: 4,430
Originally Posted by lcohen999
I don't believe there was yesterday on my flight out to YVR...however was too early for a drink (for me)

I'll check tonight on the return and try to reply
"next week" when I asked
lcohen999 is offline  
Old Aug 2, 21, 11:14 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: YVR/YYZ
Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Posts: 309
Can anyone comment if the meal service did in fact change for August? Chatted with some FAs last month and then mentioned changes were coming August 1. Specificially looking at TCONs
loganre17 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 21, 2:41 pm
  #48  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Posts: 341
Originally Posted by loganre17
Can anyone comment if the meal service did in fact change for August? Chatted with some FAs last month and then mentioned changes were coming August 1. Specificially looking at TCONs
so I fly on Friday . J looks the same but the PY menu seems to have a lot more choices. Two hot meals and most of the mixed drinks back

APPETIZER
Fruit salad, yoghurt
Croissant, butter, jam
MAIN COURSE
Parsley omelette, chicken sausage, cottage cheese, roasted red skin potatoes,
red pepper relish
Pancakes, fruit compote, maple butter, chicken sausage

SPIRITS & BEERS SPIRITUEUX ET BIRE
Smirnoff Vodka Tanqueray Gin Bacardi White Rum Johnnie Walker Black Canadian Club Rye Baileys Irish Cream Courvoisier VS
Vodka Smirnoff
Gin Tanqueray
Rhum blanc Bacardi Johnnie Walker Black Rye Canadian Club Baileys Irish Cream Courvoisier VS
bcard519 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 21, 3:24 pm
  #49  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Toronto, ON
Programs: AC 75K
Posts: 6,149
NA Signature Service looks to have a Hot or Cold option for Breakfast ie: Omelette or Fruit, Yogurt, Cheese Plate while Lunch/Dinner is 2 hot options with Appetizer, Dessert, Cheese.

Non Signature Service long haul NA flights are 2 hot options for breakfast & lunch/dinner, with the standard Salad appetizer and dessert.
ChrisA330 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 21, 3:31 pm
  #50  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, UA Gold, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Silver
Posts: 42,047
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
NA Signature Service looks to have a Hot or Cold option for Breakfast ie: Omelette or Fruit, Yogurt, Cheese Plate while Lunch/Dinner is 2 hot options with Appetizer, Dessert, Cheese.

Non Signature Service long haul NA flights are 2 hot options for breakfast & lunch/dinner, with the standard Salad appetizer and dessert.
Can you clarify?

Pre-COVID, non-PLH was a hot omelette or fruit plus hot oatmeal, but PLH+SS also had a hot pancake option.

Either way, things are definitely improving. I won't be afraid of Jazz any more if they have rum
canadiancow is offline  
Old Aug 3, 21, 4:22 pm
  #51  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Toronto, ON
Programs: AC 75K
Posts: 6,149
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Can you clarify?

Pre-COVID, non-PLH was a hot omelette or fruit plus hot oatmeal, but PLH+SS also had a hot pancake option.

Either way, things are definitely improving. I won't be afraid of Jazz any more if they have rum
For breakfast:

PLH SS is 1 hot option and 1 cold option
PLH non-SS as well as medium haul is 2 hot options

Note this is gathered from the online menus, not from an internal source.

Last edited by ChrisA330; Aug 3, 21 at 4:30 pm
ChrisA330 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 21, 6:43 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Posts: 3,353
Originally Posted by loganre17
Can anyone comment if the meal service did in fact change for August? Chatted with some FAs last month and then mentioned changes were coming August 1. Specificially looking at TCONs
just landed signature YVR-YYZ. Mostly back to normal. Packaged almonds with drink service. Tray with appetizer and salad followed by hot main with choose taken in advance. Cart later with cheese and choice of fruit or tart for dessert. Snack prior to landing same with chips and dark chocolate bar. So really only difference is only two choices, packaged nuts and bagged role vs bread basket. Two reds and two whites to choose from. BOB in the back.
yyzgigi is offline  
Old Aug 3, 21, 6:52 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Programs: AC 50K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 9,967
Any sparking wine/champagne option?
Altaflyer is offline  
Old Aug 3, 21, 6:56 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: YVR/YYZ
Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Posts: 309
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
just landed signature YVR-YYZ. Mostly back to normal. Packaged almonds with drink service. Tray with appetizer and salad followed by hot main with choose taken in advance. Cart later with cheese and choice of fruit or tart for dessert. Snack prior to landing same with chips and dark chocolate bar. So really only difference is only two choices, packaged nuts and bagged role vs bread basket. Two reds and two whites to choose from. BOB in the back.
Thanks for this note! Good to see
loganre17 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 21, 7:39 pm
  #55  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, UA Gold, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Silver
Posts: 42,047
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Any sparking wine/champagne option?
​​​​​​
They have had bubbly since July 28 2020 on mainline.
canadiancow is offline  
Old Aug 3, 21, 7:53 pm
  #56  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Posts: 341
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
just landed signature YVR-YYZ. Mostly back to normal.
Can I get a rye and coke again? Did they finally figure out how to get the covid out of mixed drinks 🙏
bcard519 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 21, 7:55 pm
  #57  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 18,877
Originally Posted by bcard519
.....Did they finally figure out how to get the covid out of mixed drinks 🙏
24left is offline  
Old Aug 4, 21, 1:20 pm
  #58  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Posts: 3,353
Originally Posted by bcard519
Can I get a rye and coke again? Did they finally figure out how to get the covid out of mixed drinks 🙏
to be honest I wasnt paying attention to the mixed drinks. They had bubbly in the big bottle and ice was available for soft drinks so dont see why they would not have mixed drinks. Just happy to have the choice of wines and meals. Wasnt thrilled that they didnt start with the SEs on meal selection but I got my choice, so no foul.

The menu has no mention of anything other than non-alcoholic beverages, so youll need someone else to validate as Im not flying for another few weeks. .
yyzgigi is offline  
Old Aug 4, 21, 4:59 pm
  #59  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: YVR
Programs: AC35K, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Posts: 89
I don't like to be greedy but is there typically a few extra meals in J for those who want seconds after everyone has already received their meals?
jer3 is offline  
Old Aug 4, 21, 5:44 pm
  #60  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, UA Gold, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Silver
Posts: 42,047
Originally Posted by jer3
I don't like to be greedy but is there typically a few extra meals in J for those who want seconds after everyone has already received their meals?
I've had SDs offer me extras many times (even recently), but in normal times, they're also for sale in Y, which could affect that.

And crews have certainly been known to eat J meals after every J pax has been served.
canadiancow is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread