Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 4:39 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by expert7700
I know this is the North America thread but

Mildly infuriating that crews can serve a 5-course meal plus 2 drinks in under one hour when passengers crew want to rest
They took 50min from gate pushback time, or 5.6% of the time of this current DXB-YYZ flight.

Signature Service (even redeye) in North America often takes 50% of the flight time Eastbound.
Is it not a different service standard for flights that leave late at night…everything is served on one tray? Not quite apples to apples.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 7:25 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
I think we should be happy AC serves something, anything, on redeyes. Has anyone flown a redeye on American or United recently? A few years ago even before the pandemic their redeye catering (with the exception of a premium transcon such as LAX-JFK) was appalling.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 3:42 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Flew MSP-YYZ in J earlier this week. Breakfast meal offerings were: a.Smoked Salmon b.Ham and Cheese Sandwich c.Banana Bread. All were in boxes and catered by Delta. 12 pax in J and only 6 Smoked Salmon available. Seated in 4F, by the time the FA got to me, only option was Banana Bread. Somewhat dissapointed.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:30 am

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Originally Posted by flying chef
Flew MSP-YYZ in J earlier this week. Breakfast meal offerings were: a.Smoked Salmon b.Ham and Cheese Sandwich c.Banana Bread. All were in boxes and catered by Delta. 12 pax in J and only 6 Smoked Salmon available. Seated in 4F, by the time the FA got to me, only option was Banana Bread. Somewhat dissapointed.
Interesting. Has AC always been catered by DL out of MSP? I'd imagine these are the same "sad boxes" that Delta fliers lament on long-enough routes to/from YVR YYZ and a selection of other Delta outstations?

Kinda funny that if you'd flown this route in DL F, you'd get a pass of the basket o' pre-packaged snacks. Although if DL banana bread is anything like the dreaded AC TATL banana bread, I'm pretty sure the snack basket would be an upgrade.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
Thought I’d go for the ginger chicken today hoping it would be a bit spicy and tasty like the tagine. Result: meh…

Hoping for better on 145 this afternoon with the beef that so many seem to enjoy.

Edit: And now I understand why people love the beef offering...

Last edited by YSJ8ed; Jan 27, 2023 at 5:22 pm Reason: Had the beef.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Anyone have recent pics/comments on the cold breakfast option on YYZ-YVR morning departure (777 J class)?
Old Jan 28, 2023, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last menu the other day, appetizer was salmon. Then the fish on the main dish was salmon again. Is anyone there thinking straight?
expert7700 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 5:55 pm

They've been serving salmon in the YVR Dom Lounge for the past six months (IME).

They've got a lot of salmon.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by YSJ8ed
Thought I’d go for the ginger chicken today hoping it would be a bit spicy and tasty like the tagine. Result: meh…

Hoping for better on 145 this afternoon with the beef that so many seem to enjoy.

Edit: And now I understand why people love the beef offering...
My sentiments exactly. I flew YYZ-SFO last night and got the ginger chicken. My dish looked like yours. Boiled white chicken. Next to the gravy. I guess we mix it to get ginger chicken. The taste was meh. School cafeteria stuff. Regret not getting the beef instead. AC needs to do some checks on their caterers.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:59 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by vernonc
My sentiments exactly. I flew YYZ-SFO last night and got the ginger chicken. My dish looked like yours. Boiled white chicken. Next to the gravy. I guess we mix it to get ginger chicken. The taste was meh. School cafeteria stuff. Regret not getting the beef instead. AC needs to do some checks on their caterers.
Lol I really hope it's not only this as the meat option Sat YYZ-MEX....but looking at todays flight it will be
Old Jan 31, 2023, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had the slow cooked beef the other day. It was grey.
expert7700 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by canadianhockey91
Lol I really hope it's not only this as the meat option Sat YYZ-MEX....but looking at todays flight it will be
I had a choice of 4 main courses. Salmon, Tortellini, Slow beef and the ginger chicken. Not sure what your options will be but at this point I will never be ordering the ginger chicken again.
canadianhockey91 and YSJ8ed like this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vernonc
I had a choice of 4 main courses. Salmon, Tortellini, Slow beef and the ginger chicken. Not sure what your options will be but at this point I will never be ordering the ginger chicken again.
I never order chicken. Salmon only if wild and not overcooked. I won't order the slow beef again. I fear AC will turn me into a vegetarian :-(.

(Actually I should probably not eat pasta either...)

There was a time when AC served black cod aka sablefish. Before Hawkesworth (called black cod) and also after, upgraded to the more fancy name sablefish. Both were OK, because black cod, being a very oily fish, could withstand the normal AC overheating.

But I guess they must have cut the budget again since and the sablefish is probably too pricey...
vernonc likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 5:03 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by YSJ8ed
Yeah, the Ginger Chicken really does underwhelm.

Originally Posted by Stranger
I had the slow cooked beef the other day. It was grey.
Perhaps they need to add an Augmented Reality feature to the AC app.

You could use it to view your meal the way someone imagines it should look and thus enhance the dining experience. Kinda like those window displays in some Japanese restaurants.

After all, they do say that you eat with your eyes.
YSJ8ed likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 10:06 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Just checked AC121 and seems like a new menu as of Feb 1st which is different from the Jan items. Lets see how this months' items tastes and if we still get meal priority as a SE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.