Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2022, 3:19 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Dunno when it will be swapped but totally agree about the Chicken Tagine. The quality is very variable between good and awful.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My last two NA Signature flights have both very clearly allowed both cheese and dessert. So hopefully that issue is gone.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 12:54 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
My last two NA Signature flights have both very clearly allowed both cheese and dessert. So hopefully that issue is gone.
Sunday evening, signature class YYZ-LAX FA asked if I wanted dessert. I pointed to the cheese. He replied "Sir, the cheese is in addition to dessert so would you like fruit plate or blueberry cheesecake?"
zkzkz and canadiancow like this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by smuncky
My understanding is that these types of dishes are already cooked when boarded and are just being reheated on board. Is that true?

The last time I saw the salmon it was so overcooked as to be inedible. If that's true then that's entirely the fault of the catering and there's nothing the FAs can do about it, right? It's a shame because the best meal I ever had on a flight was a cold salmon plate which IIRC was LX. I wish airlines did more cold plates like that as an option.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC P(easant)25K
YOW-YYZ 5:40AM departure:
no omelette, but I find it more challenging to finish in 15 mins than the omelette.

AC787 YYZ-LAX 08:00AM departure.

​​​​need no descriptions, wanted to try the French toast but they reverted back to the pancake on this flight

Carfield likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:18 am

October 2022
Air Canada Signature Class
AC 301 Montreal to Vancouver

Hot Breakfast
Appetizer
Fruit Salad

Bread, butter, jam

Chia seed pudding, roasted coconut

Main Course
Parsley omelette, chicken sausage, cottage cheese, roasted potatoes, red pepper relish
Or
French toast, vanilla cream, fruit compote

OR

Cold Breakfast
*Fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, almonds
Park Signature dish
Emmental, Cheddar, cherry tomato, crackers
Bread, butter, jam

200T006 1467 GG PT HB-NJCS_East 10/22

October 2022
Air Canada Business Class
AC 554 Vancouver to Los Angeles

Beverage with packaged almonds

Welcome Aboard
Served shortly after take-off

Appetizer
Heritage mix salad, Brussels sprout, pickled cauliflower, grape tomato

Main Course
Ginger chicken, fried rice, mixed vegetables

Or
Cheese tortellini, tomato sauce, mozzarella

Dessert
Blueberry cheesecake

Last edited by Adam Smith; Oct 19, 2022 at 8:59 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Oct 19, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zkzkz
My understanding is that these types of dishes are already cooked when boarded and are just being reheated on board. Is that true?

The last time I saw the salmon it was so overcooked as to be inedible. If that's true then that's entirely the fault of the catering and there's nothing the FAs can do about it, right? It's a shame because the best meal I ever had on a flight was a cold salmon plate which IIRC was LX. I wish airlines did more cold plates like that as an option.
Uh???

Surely the reverse is true. Caterers design their stuff aware that they will be reheated on board. I would bet that when AC management orders the stuff and they sample it, it's fine.

The issue is really with the crew, who since crewing was cut by at least one person a few years back, fill the oven and leave the meals in the oven until they go deliver to the various people. The ones delivered first might still be reasonably OK. But if you are the last one to be served, your meal may have sat in the oven much too long for its own good.

Their might also be some health concerns at play: better safe, i.e. overcooked, than getting a lawsuit on their hands because someone got poisoned.

I remember the time when one could ask for your steak not to be overcooked and the crew would oblige. Nowadays if you try, standard answer is, "Sir our meals are precooked, nothing we can do." Which translate as "sorry Sir, we are too busy to deal with this sort of request." I can only remember one case in the last four or five years or so when they obliged and got me a reasonable meal. Front cabin was at most half full on that day, and I suspect the (very nice) service director was not a permanent one but someone moved up as a replacement for that particular flight.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Carfield
October 2022
Air Canada Business Class
AC 554 Vancouver to Los Angeles

Beverage with packaged almonds

Welcome Aboard
Served shortly after take-off

Appetizer
Heritage mix salad, Brussels sprout, pickled cauliflower, grape tomato

Main Course
Ginger chicken, fried rice, mixed vegetables

Or
Cheese tortellini, tomato sauce, mozzarella

Dessert
Blueberry cheesecake
Really not bad for a 2 hour flight...
Old Oct 19, 2022, 7:18 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Has anyone been brave enough to order the Maple Chicken?

It was offered on a recent SFO-YVR flight and, even if I had wanted a meal, the description read as even more revolting than the Ginger Chicken.

I'm just morbidly curious.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by c224488
Really not bad for a 2 hour flight...
Not bad, but that tortellini on the menu sucks. I ate it on YYC-SFO flight last Sunday, after I was told that I can't have the chicken as I was upgraded (no, it wasn't a LMU or gate upgrade).
It is sustenance - and that's about it.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 10:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
On three different flights in October, I asked for Couvoisier and got told “unavailable”. Is it a general lack of stock or me being extremely unlucky? Hopefully it will change in November.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC E75K, MR/SPG Plat Ambassador, UA G
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
On three different flights in October, I asked for Couvoisier and got told “unavailable”. Is it a general lack of stock or me being extremely unlucky? Hopefully it will change in November.
Have asked 3x since mid-septmber. 3 no's.

Two of the times they suggested I have Baileys instead...
Old Oct 20, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Flying YUL - FDF in December, almost a 5-hour flight. Looking at the current menu, it's the standard breakfast parsley omelette/French toast. I am a little concerned that certain people in our party will get hungry close to landing. Would there be snacks or something like that later in the flight? I think on our SFO - YVR flight last month they gave us some potato chips or something.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 4:38 am

AC 774 LAX-YUL October 2022

October 2022
Air Canada Signature Class
AC 774 Los Angeles to Montreal

Hot Breakfast

Appetizer
Fruit Salad

Bread, butter, jam

Coconut chia seed pudding with mango, pineapple compote, shredded coconut

Main Course
Parsley omelette, chicken sausage, cottage cheese, roasted potatoes, red pepper relish
Or
French toast, vanilla cream, fruit compote

OR
Cold Breakfast

Fresh seasonal fruit
Cheddar, Swiss, cherry tomato, crackers
Bread, butter, jam
Old Oct 23, 2022, 5:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
That's a first. Have never seen squeeze jam!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.