Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It depends what you mean by "evening hours". Those short flights go from breakfast to snack plate to snack basket at various times through the day.
6:30pm departure
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:17 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by skiier97
That should get you the snack plate, as described by @YVR4Ever. The flights that only have the snack basket are... 9PM or later, I think? Or maybe 8PM, based on @ACYYZ/SD's post here.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by skiier97
There are ongoing staffing and assembly problems at some Canadian catering stations most notably YYZ/YUL. It is possible that contingency catering (the snack basket) might be offered on say a YYZ-YUL/LGA flight for the time being.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
There are ongoing staffing and assembly problems at some Canadian catering stations most notably YYZ/YUL. It is possible that contingency catering (the snack basket) might be offered on say a YYZ-YUL/LGA flight for the time being.
Appears I was lucky to get a nice smoked salmon and egg plate and cognac orange liquor last Sunday on the YUL-EWR flight (last minute equipment swap from the YUL-LGA flight which was supposed to leave at 8pm).
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:44 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
Appears I was lucky to get a nice smoked salmon and egg plate and cognac orange liquor last Sunday on the YUL-EWR flight (last minute equipment swap from the YUL-LGA flight which was supposed to leave at 8pm).
On my recent YVR-YYC return trip I thought the snacks provided were in the wrong order.

For an 11:00 departure out of YVR, we got a fairly nice cheese and cracker plate. For our 17:00ish return flight out of YYC, we got the cold smoked salmon dish.

Maybe it's just my personal taste, but I would have swapped the two choices given the flight times.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Carfield
October 2022
Air Canada Signature Class
Why do you put two copies of each photo? Or two almost identical photos sometimes? It's just my opinion but it would be nicer if you could please just choose one photo for each scene so it doesn't cause the thread to get too unwieldy.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
On my recent YVR-YYC return trip I thought the snacks provided were in the wrong order.

For an 11:00 departure out of YVR, we got a fairly nice cheese and cracker plate. For our 17:00ish return flight out of YYC, we got the cold smoked salmon dish.

Maybe it's just my personal taste, but I would have swapped the two choices given the flight times.
It seems it has been like this for a while at least this year. For short hops, I usually got cheese plate in the daytime and smoked salmon in the night time. As long as they have proper alcohol together with them, probably either way is fine with me.

But they still do not have Couvoisier across the board. Don’t know when I can get it back. Will try this weekend.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 10:05 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
It seems it has been like this for a while at least this year. For short hops, I usually got cheese plate in the daytime and smoked salmon in the night time.
Good to know. I don't fly many short hops so this was a bit new to me.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Has anyone had the chicken, apple and maple sauce with quinoa and rice blend and carrots? Trying to figure out if I should grab something in terminal before my flight.

PS - PLH catering really needs to come back.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Benner
Has anyone had the chicken, apple and maple sauce with quinoa and rice blend and carrots? Trying to figure out if I should grab something in terminal before my flight.

PS - PLH catering really needs to come back.
I had it last week on YYZ-SFO. It wasn't bad - nothing special. I wasn't overly sweet which is what I was afraid of with the Maple.
Benner and CO777DAL like this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
No pictures, but last week I was on YYZ-FLL and the 333 was swapped for a 787. I think the 787 was catered for international already at the time of swap and we had a full international service including bubbly, cheese course and a tasty cheesecake.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by eastcoastcan
No pictures, but last week I was on YYZ-FLL and the 333 was swapped for a 787. I think the 787 was catered for international already at the time of swap and we had a full international service including bubbly, cheese course and a tasty cheesecake.
I flew last night FLL-YYZ on AC917 and had a similar experience. Despite a few minor glitches, I was very impressed for a "non-Signature" 2:40 flight...
  • No PDB
  • No menus loaded
  • Seat covers and duvets but they forgot to load the pillows
  • Hot towel after take-off (mine was almost dry - sigh they have yet to get this one right on any of my flights either arid or swimming in water)
  • Warmed nuts and beverage service
  • Tray with very nice smoked salmon appetizer and salad
  • Choice of three main courses served separately (but not plated) - braised beef, chicken or veg. The braised beef was pretty good
  • Choice of two red and three white wines - identical to the wines on international J flights a few weeks ago. The only thing missing was Laurent Perrier
  • Separate trolley service offering choice of fruit, cheese plate or cheesecake along with port

Service took up most of the flight.

Last edited by The Lev; Nov 18, 2022 at 10:57 am
Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:32 am

I will say, I think the breakfast-to-snack plate-to-snack basket is a little odd.
I have no problem with a cold plate but I feel there is room to be more consistent across service hours.

A full breakfast in the morning vs. a Kit Kat bar is a little strange.
EdmFlyBoi likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 1:34 pm

Breakfasts on AC 156 YYC-YYZ redeye and AC 442 YYZ-YOW recently (mid-Nov). Would have liked having an amenity kit on the red eye, or even just the toothpaste and toothbrush, but none were available.

Omelette, cottage cheese, sausage, potatoes

Fruit
Carfield likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Is there still a big difference between widebody Signature and narrowbody (formerly PLH) flights on LAX-YYZ and similar transcon flights? Specifically asking about an eastbound breakfast--I'm scheduled to fly on an A321, but it's scheduled as a one-off (normal equipment is a widebody), so the AC website is only giving me the Signature class menu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.