Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by trek604
YVR-YYZ today July 25. First time trying the french toast. It was OK, less sweet than the pancakes which I appreciated; doesn't replace the venerable omelette imo.

Good timing. Ya, think I will take a pass...
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:11 pm

What is that yellow stuff the toast is sitting on?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
What is that yellow stuff the toast is sitting on?
“French toast, vanilla cream, fruit compote”

I tasted very little vanilla tbh
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:35 pm

“French toast, vanilla cream, fruit compote”

I tasted very little vanilla tbh
Thanks, but to me, that doesn't look like vanilla cream... looks more akin to creamed corn than vanilla cream.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Ugh I'm on an olive flight. Sigh.
YVR-SFO? Seems to be the standard menu on that flight.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: AC SE
I had the French toast the other day and rather enjoyed it. The vanilla cream looks a little gross, but it tastes nice. Between that and the fruit, it's quite pleasant.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
There is a 787-9 flying between YYC-YVR. Is there actually and food and beverage service on this sector?
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:52 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WannabeSE
There is a 787-9 flying between YYC-YVR. Is there actually and food and beverage service on this sector?
It's the same as any other flight between YYC and YVR.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by WannabeSE
i used to fly YYZ-YUL-YYZ widebody quite a bit and sometimes when it was full they chose to serve nothing and sometimes they served a small snack. Always got something on the narrow body flights same route. Not sure if that will be the case with the temporary Vancouver Calgary widebody but I wouldn’t expect anything much out of that flight except the novelty of it still worth it if you can get it imo
Old Jul 27, 2022, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
It's the same as any other flight between YYC and YVR.
Originally Posted by SKYEG
i used to fly YYZ-YUL-YYZ widebody quite a bit and sometimes when it was full they chose to serve nothing and sometimes they served a small snack. Always got something on the narrow body flights same route. Not sure if that will be the case with the temporary Vancouver Calgary widebody but I wouldn’t expect anything much out of that flight except the novelty of it still worth it if you can get it imo
Yeah, I know YYC-YVR is longer than Rapidair, but service on wide bodies on Rapidair is basically what I'd call "non existent".

I recall one YUL-YYZ on ... I don't know, I think a 777 given I was in mini J... I asked for a Rum and Coke Zero. They gave me a Rum and Coke. I immediately pointed it out. I never got a replacement.

On a 320, I could probably get 3-4 without much issue.

I'll take the narrows on short flights.
SKYEG and WannabeSE like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah, I know YYC-YVR is longer than Rapidair
Yes, exactly; 426 miles means quite a bit more time at cruising altitude than 316 miles.

but service on wide bodies on Rapidair is basically what I'd call "non existent".
My Rapidair experiences differ from yours. I don't ever recall not getting my snack plate on YUL<>YYZ and at least one beverage service.

Even your cited example is one of bad service, not non-existent service.

Regardless,I've provided real-world experience, based on my own flights and those of others, on the specific route and aircraft that was asked about, as opposed to making assumptions based on other routes in the network.
WannabeSE and canadiancow like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My Rapidair experiences differ from yours. I don't ever recall not getting my snack plate on YUL<>YYZ and at least one beverage service.

Even your cited example is one of bad service, not non-existent service.
Agreed on both counts. But I've had many Rapidair wide-body flights where the first J service round did not finish until well after "30 minutes to landing".

Regardless,I've provided real-world experience, based on my own flights and those of others, on the specific route and aircraft that was asked about, as opposed to making assumptions based on other routes in the network.
Agreed there too. But having flown one or two short flights in my life, I wouldn't adjust my plans by even an hour to catch a wide-body for a flight under 2 hours. Though I also don't think I'd adjust my plans to avoid one.

But if I want to leave at 1800, and there's a 1800 320 and a 1830 789, I'm taking the 1800. Swap the types, and I'd still take the 1800.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: AP AS BA
J Meals on Jazz E75s

I tried to look up what I would be getting on a YYT-YUL flight next week on a Jazz E75 in J and all AC's website says is "Meal". Whereas mainline planes have a link to a menu.
What can I expect on the Jazz E75? In March, I got a cold wrap while flying in J between IAD-YYZ on a mainline CRJ. Can I expect something similar?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by fbrdky
I tried to look up what I would be getting on a YYT-YUL flight next week on a Jazz E75 in J and all AC's website says is "Meal". Whereas mainline planes have a link to a menu.
What can I expect on the Jazz E75? In March, I got a cold wrap while flying in J between IAD-YYZ on a mainline CRJ. Can I expect something similar?
You will get the same meal offering as the mid-day flight from YYT-YUL, which right now is chicken or gnocchi.
fbrdky likes this.

Last edited by codfather; Jul 28, 2022 at 6:00 pm
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Service on AC219 today, YYC-YVR operated by 789, just like the other 15-20 or so narrowbody flights I've done on that route in the past year.
YYC3722 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.