Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 9:54 pm

Ginger chicken

To my Asian brothers and sisters, the ginger chicken is not your friend.
mb4wong likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by canzoom
To my Asian brothers and sisters, the ginger chicken is not your friend.
What do you mean? Besides that it looks like chicken meat with some sort of sauce drizzled onto it.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
I had a plated snack LGA-YYZ in May.
Temporary measures due to severe staffing problems at the catering kitchens in YYZ & YUL. There is a possibility of the snack basket substitution. I had the regular light snack offering to LGA last week.
bcnfish, vancouver25k and zappy312 like this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:23 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by zappy312
I wonder if it's a change due to catering staffing, there's reports that Y under 2 got switched to water + pretzels.
Yeah the last 2 months in the back they offered only bottled water or boxed juice, and pretzels.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but:

Any recent experiences on Rouge?
flying down to Mexico in premium rouge next week.
8:55am departure.
I'm assuming standard AC breakfast fare, is that correct?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by rafi2k6
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but:

Any recent experiences on Rouge?
flying down to Mexico in premium rouge next week.
8:55am departure.
I'm assuming standard AC breakfast fare, is that correct?
You can view menus in the app. As an example, AC1882 (YUL-CUN on Rouge) is showing breakfast for an 08:55 departure. Surprisingly no omelette, it's a frittata or pancakes. Obviously actual catering may vary.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:13 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
You can view menus in the app. As an example, AC1882 (YUL-CUN on Rouge) is showing breakfast for an 08:55 departure. Surprisingly no omelette, it's a frittata or pancakes. Obviously actual catering may vary.
The frittata has been around for a while, and as far as I can tell (I don't like either), it's not all that different to the omelette. One might say it's a distinction without a difference.

On a separate note, did you edit this after posting? I could have sworn when I first read it, it said "no omelette, frittata or pancakes", and I was confused as hell that there would be none of an omelette, frittata, or pancakges, but when I went to reply, the crucial "it's a" was now there. But that could also have been my ADHD skipping over that very important piece...
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:17 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Yeah, they tried to talk me into the frittata on a recent flight and I stuck with the pancakes. Ms. Boh had it land it looked like a mutation of the omelette to me.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
On a separate note, did you edit this after posting? I could have sworn when I first read it, it said "no omelette, frittata or pancakes", and I was confused as hell that there would be none of an omelette, frittata, or pancakges, but when I went to reply, the crucial "it's a" was now there. But that could also have been my ADHD skipping over that very important piece...
Sorry, was posting faster than proofreading. I originally had "Surprisingly no omelette, frittata or pancakes", but then realized that's ambiguous (and a catering mishap).
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:53 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Sorry, was posting faster than proofreading. I originally had "Surprisingly no omelette, frittata or pancakes", but then realized that's ambiguous (and a catering mishap).
​​​​​​
Okay, great, I'm not (totally) insane then

I would say that "no omelette, frittata or pancakes" meant AC catering finally made some better strategic decisions
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium / Amex Aeroplan Reserve / Aeroplan 50k
Compensation for no food/drink service. (e-up in J)

I apologize in advance if there's a proper place to post this, but I did do multiple searches involving "compensation" "complaints" etc... and couldn't find anywhere appropriate.

This weekend, I flew YUL-YYZ return with my wife and son. My wife doesn't "waste" e-ups on that route, but I'm a little e-up rich, so decided to e-up the family at the airport since it was a wide-body (333) and my son would experience a J Pod.. (Accidently booked Award Standard, so it cost me an additional $75ea. Lesson learned)
When we get on board, the SD announces that they will be offering water and pretzels. My son raises his eyebrows and says, "That's it?" I reassure him that he must be talking to the Y cabin. Sure enough, after takeoff, they come around and give everyone a small bag of pretzels, then come back with glasses and a large bottle of water to offer our drink. My son only got 1/3 of the small glass because the bottle was empty. Then they went up front to the galley, and close the curtains. They came back later to pick up glasses and wrappers before 10K feet.. That was our J experience.

Disappointed with the outbound, I decide to try again on the way home just me and my son this time... It was another wide-body. (777). We board and are offered a bottle of water right away. Things are looking up.. Then I see them preparing the KitKat basket... Again, no drinks.. They came out for service with a tray of prefilled water glasses, your choice of Kitkat, chips, almonds etc.. Then back up to the front to close the curtain... No apology, no explanation, just this is what we offer.
Also...

I know that times are very difficult right now, and it was probably due to a catering issue or something out of their control, but I'm out $375 and 25 e-ups.

1. Has anyone had experience with asking for some sort of compensation in a similar case?
2. What was your compensation (if any) or what should I expect as a response?

TIA,

RvR
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: AC 75K
I'm not sure what you were expecting food/drink wise. It's a 50 minute flight, so it's maybe a snack plate or a hot breakfast depending on the time of day, but other times the snack basket is the offering. So really, you missed out on maybe 1 drink.

I personally don't think compensation is due here, but if you write it, they might give you a discount code.

Chalk it up to a lesson on how to not use your eupgrades. $375 could have bought you a nice meal in the airport prior to departure.
lcohen999, anishm, YULRvR and 5 others like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
One can also preview what the meal or drink offerings will be on their flight through the AC app.
YULRvR likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium / Amex Aeroplan Reserve / Aeroplan 50k
Lesson learned for sure. (This is why my wife doesn't "waste" e-ups on that route) Although I didn't have time for a nice meal in the airport, I'm sure there are still better ways to spend $375.
I was expecting a drink offering. Beer, spirits or soft drink. The KitKat basket was more appropriate than a bag of pretzels, but my bad, if my expectations are too high. I was "hoping" for something plated.
The app said "Snack" on both flights, but neither were clickable. (Only meals are clickable, I guess).
Thank you both for your input.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by YULRvR
Lesson learned for sure. (This is why my wife doesn't "waste" e-ups on that route) Although I didn't have time for a nice meal in the airport, I'm sure there are still better ways to spend $375.
I was expecting a drink offering. Beer, spirits or soft drink. The KitKat basket was more appropriate than a bag of pretzels, but my bad, if my expectations are too high. I was "hoping" for something plated.
The app said "Snack" on both flights, but neither were clickable. (Only meals are clickable, I guess).
Thank you both for your input.
it's Air Canada. the best way to approach it is to have no expectations. Then they may meet your expectations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.