Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2022, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by trek604

Grill marks on pancakes?

Aside from the potentially faux grill marks, how were the pancakes?
Old May 19, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Silver, DL SIlver, Marriott TE/LTPE, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It'll certainly affect my strategy if I now have to eat before boarding SFO<->YYZ.
Same for me, but hopefully with the return of the 2x 787 between SFO and YYZ, this "galley space" issue won't be an issue anymore. It's time for AC to ditch CleanCare Kits that < 50% passengers use (if they hand me one, I take out the wipes and sanitizer, but the "Mask" that resembles a piece of cheap kleenex and the excessively large and useless information sheet and plastic bag serve no purpose). The CleanCare kits should be occupying a small space in the coat closet, not an area of the galley.

I don't mind the T2 concessions but I'll admit I rarely eat or buy food for the plane there (apart for using my PP for drinks at Lark Creek) because I'm usually only flying to PSP on AS. I'm usually grabbing a coffee (or mimosa) for AM flights, and gins in the AS lounge or Lark Creek after 11 (because I'm sensible!).

But I might need to procure a back-up snack for my AC flight next week should the PLH actually be PoohLH
Old May 20, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Aside from the potentially faux grill marks, how were the pancakes?
I found they had too much syrup and were too sweet for my tastebuds. Much prefer the omellete.
yyznomad likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 5:25 am
pjs

Flying ATL-YYZ in biz today on a lunch flight and the menu options don’t look great. Can we get a smoked meat sandwich from the buy on board menu instead? I don’t mind paying if it’s decent.
Old May 23, 2022, 6:41 am

Ac 700 yyz-lga 5/23/22

Solid.
Old May 23, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by shoodawg

Solid.
this is my favorite ac breakfast - always look forward to it...hopefully served tomorrow on our flight to newark
unclepants likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by noobynoob
Does AC have the same meal options on flights operated by AC jazz in E175? I think flights over 2 hours departing after 10am have a hot lunch/dinner service?

Last time I flew one of those (pre-pandemic) the flight was significantly delayed and when we got on we were served nothing. The FA said because of the delay the food might have gone bad and so they could not serve them (???). Maybe they ate them since the delay was like 6 hours and they were hungry.
I had this happen to me recently on a Jazz flight... I complained about it to customer relations and they gave a 20% discount code. In addition to the 30 USD airport food vouchers that were given out onboard (I complained because the delay and reason for the ice packs melting was 99% AC's fault (as far as I could tell).
Old May 24, 2022, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by shoodawg
Solid.
Originally Posted by theranj
this is my favorite ac breakfast - always look forward to it...hopefully served tomorrow on our flight to newark
And it looks like a real croissant and not one of those plastic-wrapped plastic abominations of a croissant. (or maybe it was in plastic wrap before the pic was taken?)
Crapssant?
Old May 24, 2022, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by pjs
Flying ATL-YYZ in biz today on a lunch flight and the menu options don’t look great. Can we get a smoked meat sandwich from the buy on board menu instead? I don’t mind paying if it’s decent.
Did exactly this when I was travelling with my 5 year old, he wanted the pizza instead of the chicken korma, and they were happy to oblige, no cost. Plus he also got the rest of the tray, in particular the brownie. YQR-YYZ:

Chicken korma, spinach curry, kale and quinoa salad, brownie
Old May 24, 2022, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by governorgeneral
Did exactly this when I was travelling with my 5 year old, he wanted the pizza instead of the chicken korma, and they were happy to oblige, no cost. Plus he also got the rest of the tray, in particular the brownie. YQR-YYZ:

Chicken korma, spinach curry, kale and quinoa salad, brownie
Did you try the chicken korma? How was it?
Old May 24, 2022, 5:09 pm

And it looks like a real croissant and not one of those plastic-wrapped plastic abominations of a croissant. (or maybe it was in plastic wrap before the pic was taken?)
Crapssant?
removed from plastic wrap.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:51 pm

Programs: SE 100K
On AC119 right now.
Salmon starter solid as always.

The cod was pretty good. Although the "broccoli" was kind of mush.

Old May 24, 2022, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, MB Titanium, National EE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by pjs
The smoked meat sandwich is nasty
Old May 24, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by c224488
The smoked meat sandwich is nasty
agreed. The onboard sandwich is nothing like a proper deli sandwich. No texture or grain to the meat. Overprocessed & slippery slice. Reminded me of the cheapest processed deli ham sold in stores.
​​​​​​
Old May 25, 2022, 11:01 am

Did you try the chicken korma? How was it?
I thought it was pretty good actually, one of my favourites! Could have used a bit more sauce, I would have scooped it up with the bread. Would pick it again if the opportunity comes up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.