Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2023, 12:44 am

Programs: AP 0K
MEX - YVR
AC997
Early morning departure, around 7AM
737 Max

Breakfast: Parsley Omelette & Pancakes
[will return will pictures of menu & food after I hit 5 posts]

Standard offering for narrow body business class it seems, but this was a special experience for me as it was my first J flight! Omelette was solid, pancakes were dry. I thought it was interesting that everyone seemed to only be ordering the omelette but it made sense after I tried both

United Club was open when I was there at 6AM to AC/*A passengers in MEX, I had heard that throughout the pandemic it was closed so this was also a nice surprise.
cmill007 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 12:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Stranger
I never order chicken. Salmon only if wild and not overcooked. I won't order the slow beef again. I fear AC will turn me into a vegetarian :-(.

(Actually I should probably not eat pasta either...)

There was a time when AC served black cod aka sablefish. Before Hawkesworth (called black cod) and also after, upgraded to the more fancy name sablefish. Both were OK, because black cod, being a very oily fish, could withstand the normal AC overheating.

But I guess they must have cut the budget again since and the sablefish is probably too pricey...
At this point you probably could have asked Charcuterie board or cheese plate from the back.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
AC8965
YUL-ORD

January 2023
EMB175

Had no idea what to expect on this 2-hour regional hop, received this rather tiny "snack". Was it so hard to include both halves of the egg AC? I was literally the only passenger in J, so service was good and I got some packaged snacks with my drinks as well (almonds, biscoff)

Snack: smoked salmon, half of an egg, cracker
Old Feb 1, 2023, 11:54 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Just checked AC121 and seems like a new menu as of Feb 1st which is different from the Jan items. Lets see how this months' items tastes and if we still get meal priority as a SE.
The menus for a specific route/direction always 'change' each month. Change does not imply there are new menu items, often just a reshuffling. All of the mains on that menu have been with us for a while. The NA Signature Class mains are not even special anymore - there are just 4 fairly mediocre choices rather than two. Also not sure what you mean by SE meal priority - that has not changed at all.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
Have the cookies and ice cream come back in J yet? I have a few trans-cons in a few weeks’ time.
I hear reports that it's back
canadianhockey91 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 3:14 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
I hear reports that it's back
I hope so, flying transcon J tomorrow night...will report back - menu still shows carrot cake but as we know the Menu is anything but an accurate indicator of what the catering is
canadianhockey91 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 3:27 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Oh man flying YVR-YYZ-MEX J Saturday. right now showing capuccino cheesecake to YYZ and the carrot cake to MEX. Ice cream would be preferable
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:12 pm

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
Any word on the veal with sage and lemon sauce OR the cod with arrabbiata sauce yet?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by YSJ8ed
Any word on the veal with sage and lemon sauce OR the cod with arrabbiata sauce yet?
Wondering about this too. Last time I had veal it was leather.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:58 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by zeer0
AC8965
YUL-ORD

January 2023
EMB175

Had no idea what to expect on this 2-hour regional hop, received this rather tiny "snack". Was it so hard to include both halves of the egg AC? I was literally the only passenger in J, so service was good and I got some packaged snacks with my drinks as well (almonds, biscoff)

They are notorious for being skimpy with the food on those short haul flights. I received a half a wrap on a YYG-YUL flight and I would have preferred both sides as it was gone in two bites.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 4:07 pm

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
Wondering about this too. Last time I had veal it was leather.
I went with the cod. It was...fine. Not as spicy an arrabbiata as I would have liked. The pickled onions and capers with the 1st plate were tasty.

As they took the "later" orders, the veal and ravioli were the dishes remaining, if that's any indication of quality/preference of the early selectors on day3 of that particular menu assembly. Perhaps the veal has not changed from your last experience...
Attached Images    
Old Feb 6, 2023, 5:12 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
YYZ-YVR AC111 today, salmon appetizer with potato salad was quite good, veal in cream sauce with mash was better than I expected given the above reports. Carrot cake was dry
​​​​​​
I still see that portion sizes on AC are still small however, not a lot of food compared to some other airlines (LX AF comes to mind) in J. Realize a domestic is a bit apples and oranges to compare. Lounge food in YYZ was pretty decent however so I guess people eat there instead.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 5:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by zeer0
AC8965
YUL-ORD

January 2023
EMB175

You never heard the story of American Airlines removing one olive from every dinner salad and saved $40,000 per year? Imagine the cost savings with 1/2 an egg
Admiral Ackbar, TPJ, m.y and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
You never heard the story of American Airlines removing one olive from every dinner salad and saved $40,000 per year? Imagine the cost savings with 1/2 an egg
Hey, cutting boiled eggs in two is a lot of effort. Given the labor cost nowadays, not sure it will actually save money …
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 7:42 am

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
AC110 and 993
Beef was actually quite tender and nice on the transcon.

The chicken tagine was almost inedible. The meat had a slimy film layer from however it was cooked. I was happy it wasn't the Ginger chicken but I fear it was made the same way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.