Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2023, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by roastpuff
That chia seed pudding looks pretty good actually, how was it?
It is pretty decent and AC continues to serve this chia seed pudding as a "second appetizer" on most morning signature flights.

Carfield
roastpuff likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 3:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Had the French toast this morning. The Creme Anglaise was pretty nice, I didn't find it too sweet actually.

Nitehawk likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 6:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They didn't load any big bottles of bubbly. Or white rum, apparently. Not that I'm disappointed.

expert7700 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 6:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by canadiancow
They didn't load any big bottles of bubbly. Or white rum, apparently. Not that I'm disappointed.

I saw that last week and immediately thought of you! Miniature distribution has been a hassle for the airlines due to production limitations, availability and several substitutions.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
I saw that last week and immediately thought of you! Miniature distribution has been a hassle for the airlines due to production limitations, availability and several substitutions.
Wow and you didn't even serve me a chilled glass
Old Mar 24, 2023, 9:20 pm

Well today on 571 SFO-YVR they had no rum. And apparently they were given a memo.

I drank prosecco instead.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 11:21 pm

Well today on 571 SFO-YVR they had no rum. And apparently they were given a memo.
Wrong memo. Should have read "cow on board, stock rum"
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 11:36 pm

224 YVR-YYC almost had no rum. Catering showed up late. But I would have been fine with prosecco.

And we got Captain Morgan. So I'm happy.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 12:49 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
224 YVR-YYC almost had no rum. Catering showed up late. But I would have been fine with prosecco.

And we got Captain Morgan. So I'm happy.
I got the last rum on AC 125 last weekend. They apologized profusely. So I switched back to bubbles later.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP
Meal Service: Air Canada Express

Question- since moving to Charlotte I haven't flown Air Canada metal since 2014. I'm looking at some flights from CLT-YYZ-CLT and considering AC vs. AA due to schedules. Booking in J using Amex points as I get 35% back, and I see that meals may be offered on the AC flights. Not a big deal, but I am curious- on AC's website, I read that meals are offered on flights over 2 hours in duration. CLT-YYZ is shows as exactly 2:00 on AC's website, and if I look at what meals are offered for upcoming days, the website simply says "snack" or "breakfast" depending on the time of day. All flights are operated by E175s.

What would a "snack" be on this route? I know on AA it's simply a snack basket, and open bar including hard liquors. Does AC only serve beer and wine in domestic/transborder business class now?

Thanks for any insights
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by ACA321
Question- since moving to Charlotte I haven't flown Air Canada metal since 2014. I'm looking at some flights from CLT-YYZ-CLT and considering AC vs. AA due to schedules. Booking in J using Amex points as I get 35% back, and I see that meals may be offered on the AC flights. Not a big deal, but I am curious- on AC's website, I read that meals are offered on flights over 2 hours in duration. CLT-YYZ is shows as exactly 2:00 on AC's website, and if I look at what meals are offered for upcoming days, the website simply says "snack" or "breakfast" depending on the time of day. All flights are operated by E175s.

What would a "snack" be on this route? I know on AA it's simply a snack basket, and open bar including hard liquors. Does AC only serve beer and wine in domestic/transborder business class now?

Thanks for any insights
I am not sure about this specific route, but for short flight it’s a cold plate, usually some sort of cheese/cold cut, smoked salmon, or cold wrap/sandwich, etc. Snack basket is offered as well.
ACA321 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:11 pm

Thanks for any insights
Here's an example (I think this was a hummus and bread on EWR-YYZ one late afternoon last year). Spirits should be available.
Attached Images  
ACA321 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan

Thanks for any insights
When I flew YYZ-PHL, which is an 1.5 hr flight, J received a smoked salmon plate.
ACA321 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:19 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Does that explain why they now have Bombay gin instead of Tanqueray as part of the new bistro menu?
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Carfield
It is pretty decent and AC continues to serve this chia seed pudding as a "second appetizer" on most morning signature flights.

Carfield
My tip: I find the chia pudding to taste kind of bland and discovered that adding a bit of salt vastly improved the flavour despite me thinking it is supposed to be a sweet dish.
Bohemian1 and YSJ8ed like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.