Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2023, 6:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more

Pleasantly surprised by the "mezze" plate served on my flight from IAD-YYZ today. Stuffed vine leaves, caponata and hummus.
unclepants, zkzkz, C-FMWQ and 2 others like this.
Old May 14, 2023, 6:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Had that mezze (had no idea what it was called until prior post) plate Friday on YVR-YEG and it was, easily, the best snack item I’ve had in AC J.
unclepants likes this.
Old May 15, 2023, 1:39 pm

LOVED IT, the texas chicken
Old May 16, 2023, 4:22 pm

Programs: UAMP
SFO-YEG Chicken dish for lunch
YEG-SFO Breakfast

Both were good for a North American flight (and a regional at that). Actually better than Polaris sadness. FA's were great.
Attached Images   
Carfield, unclepants and BML87 like this.

Last edited by sgtbalski; May 18, 2023 at 12:35 am
Old May 17, 2023, 3:38 am

The dish could do without the vanilla cream spread across the bottom of the French toast.

French toast, vanilla cream, fruit compote
Carfield likes this.
Old May 23, 2023, 5:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Dinner on a red eye flight

AC126 yesterday. Scheduled departure at 21:55. Got a full dinner menu, but everything from appetizer to dessert plated in one serving.

Also got the international J kit. Not sure if this is the norm or just usual AC peculiarities.
Old May 23, 2023, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Changeup2000
AC126 yesterday. Scheduled departure at 21:55. Got a full dinner menu, but everything from appetizer to dessert plated in one serving.

Also got the international J kit. Not sure if this is the norm or just usual AC peculiarities.
I believe that is the norm for a redeye Signature Service flight.
Old May 23, 2023, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Originally Posted by D582
I know this might be an unpopular opinion, but I really wish AC would retire the omelette and replace with other non-sugary options in rotation. (Or at the very least, change the type of omelette and it’s accompaniments on rotation). It’s just so tired at this point, and there’s something in it that my body doesn’t like anymore, based on the last few times I’ve had it.

I would love a smoked salmon, cream cheese, and bagel platter.
Spinach and Feta omlette? something a little different? I find the ketchup relish thing gross... They could do shakshuka .. that'd be tasty and work reasonably well in the casserole dishes.
Old May 24, 2023, 3:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Changeup2000

Because feedback and refusals have indicated that the full meal deal is not desired on a 3:45-4:00 red eye flight. Quick meal/sleep. Amenity kits are the standard on red-eye eastbound flights, but believe they should be the PY version in J on domestic flights.
Adam Smith and vancouver25k like this.
Old May 24, 2023, 3:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by entropy
Spinach and Feta omlette? something a little different? I find the ketchup relish thing gross... They could do shakshuka .. that'd be tasty and work reasonably well in the casserole dishes.
I'm with you but shakshuka would be far too exotic for mainstream North American tastes.

What is it?
How do you spell it?
It's too spicy.
The eggs are overcooked.
CanadianMike and vancouver25k like this.

Last edited by ACYYZ/SD; May 24, 2023 at 6:43 am
Old May 24, 2023, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Flew AC124 YVR-YYZ last night, which was my first narrow body flight in J on that route in a few years (have had multiple flights on widebodies). I was kind of shocked how they have downgraded the narrowbody service - you'd think they'd want to offer a standard service level even if they don't give you lie flat seating. It felt more like PE than Premium Long Haul J (actually it was just like my "non-PLH" connecting J flight from PHX to YVR). No pre-flight beverage (I guess that is reserved for international), no amenity kit, no "tablecloth", choice of only two mains, meal served all together on one tray, no cheese course, no snack basket or passing around of snacks mid flight, no pillows, no blankets despite flight landing at 01:50.

The 20+ year old XM interior is badly in need of renovation. the backrest of my seat had zero padding in it.

Ugh.
Benner likes this.

Last edited by The Lev; May 26, 2023 at 2:45 pm
Old May 24, 2023, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Flew YYZ-LGA departing 1710. I was pleased to receive a cheese plate and (packaged) nuts. Mostly full bar selection was available and included Bottega and bottled wine (2 reds and 2 whites) and spirits and standard non-alcoholic drinks. The children's meal was nicely plated veggies and dip and chocolate chip cookies. This was much better than my return on Delta.
Old May 24, 2023, 11:00 pm

Programs: AC, KL
Originally Posted by The Lev
Flew AC124 YVR-YYZ last night, which was my first narrow body flight in J on that route in a few years (have had multiple flights on widebodies). I was kind of shocked how they have downgraded the narrowbody service - you'd think they'd want to offer a standard service level even if they don't give you lie flat seating. It felt more like PE than J (actually it was just like my "non-flagship" connecting J flight from PHX to YVR). No pre-flight beverage (I guess that is reserved for international), no amenity kit, no "tablecloth", choice of only two mains, meal served all together on one tray, no cheese course, no snack basket or passing around of snacks mid flight, no pillows, no blankets despite flight landing at 01:50.

The 20+ year old XM interior is badly in need of renovation. the backrest of my seat had zero padding in it.

Ugh.
Flew YEG-YYZ and YYZ-YEG (both narrow body) this week, both flights had a snack basket mid flight.
Old May 25, 2023, 11:41 am

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by The Lev
Flew AC124 YVR-YYZ last night, which was my first narrow body flight in J on that route in a few years (have had multiple flights on widebodies). I was kind of shocked how they have downgraded the narrowbody service - you'd think they'd want to offer a standard service level even if they don't give you lie flat seating. It felt more like PE than J (actually it was just like my "non-flagship" connecting J flight from PHX to YVR). No pre-flight beverage (I guess that is reserved for international), no amenity kit, no "tablecloth", choice of only two mains, meal served all together on one tray, no cheese course, no snack basket or passing around of snacks mid flight, no pillows, no blankets despite flight landing at 01:50.

Ugh.
Yeah. Feels basically like Premium Rouge.
Old May 26, 2023, 7:11 am

YYZ > IAH
Dinner Service - both were quite good!

Cheese Tortellini

Chicken

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.