Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Bonvoy Tit; Accor Dia
Originally Posted by jdj84
I also didn’t get credited for my Sept 21 flights, but got my Sept 22 flights from the same booking.

I also can’t go back very far in my transactions. I don’t have the number but it only goes back to August 6, so it’s very difficult to figure out if you’ve been credited properly for things when they do it months later.
Look at the bottom of your activity list. It should say "25 out of 95 total" or some such.

And, yes, the backdated entries are a pain to reconcile.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Here's my "solution" that I posted a year ago: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32836668-post1263.html
Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
No SQM or SQD for my UFP installment this month.
Is this possibly related to the "un-pausing" of the pass (assuming it's the Infinite one)?
Old Sep 25, 2021, 12:00 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Is this possibly related to the "un-pausing" of the pass (assuming it's the Infinite one)?
I don't think so. The SQM and SQD from the first installment in August posted within about a day. I waited over 10 days this time before writing in.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 3:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Bonvoy Tit; Accor Dia
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Here's my "solution" that I posted a year ago: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32836668-post1263.html
Neat tool, cow.

Unfortunately, the hard ceiling of 95 for "all" (or 89 for "accrue") persists. Not sure if that's server-side, or if there is a "max return" parameter somewhere in the request. But now you piqued my curiosity, so I'll continue tinkering.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 2:13 pm

For those of us still following along:

2021-07-05: I flew 014 ticket, AC 857 LHR-YYZ N class, eUpgraded.
2021-07-13: It had not posted, and the online request gave me an error, so I called. They said to email [email protected]
2021-07-20: I received a reply saying: "Your flight credit request will be reviewed directly by the airline partner(s). Please note that the validation process takes from 6 to 10 weeks."
2021-09-28: It has now been 70 days since 7 days after I emailed, which was 8 days after the flight. So we're at 85 days from the time I flew AC metal on an AC ticket with my number correctly on the booking. The previous and subsequent flights on the PNR all posted.

So once again, a long time on hold, and then "we're going to see if we can force the credit, and if not, it will get sent to another department for crediting". And it didn't work, so here I am, still waiting for an AC metal 014 ticketed flight from 85 days ago that had my status showing on the BP.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFiasco
Look at the bottom of your activity list. It should say "25 out of 95 total" or some such.

And, yes, the backdated entries are a pain to reconcile.
Yeah, I get 88 entries today (the number seems to change a bit). Will go back as far as June 22 today.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I received a reply the other day from AC customer service indicating that they are aware of the LQM totals not being updated properly in some cases, and are looking into it.

We will see, but I’m not holding my breath.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
I received a reply the other day from AC customer service indicating that they are aware of the LQM totals not being updated properly in some cases, and are looking into it.

We will see, but I’m not holding my breath.
I noticed that 2 of my recent Jazz flights were not reflected in LQM when the SQM posted. Will also email customer relations and see what they say.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 2:16 pm

For those of us still following along:

2021-07-05: I flew 014 ticket, AC 857 LHR-YYZ N class, eUpgraded.
2021-07-13: It had not posted, and the online request gave me an error, so I called. They said to email [email protected]
2021-07-20: I received a reply saying: "Your flight credit request will be reviewed directly by the airline partner(s). Please note that the validation process takes from 6 to 10 weeks."
2021-09-28: It has now been 70 days since 7 days after I emailed, which was 8 days after the flight. So we're at 85 days from the time I flew AC metal on an AC ticket with my number correctly on the booking. The previous and subsequent flights on the PNR all posted.

So once again, a long time on hold, and then "we're going to see if we can force the credit, and if not, it will get sent to another department for crediting". And it didn't work, so here I am, still waiting for an AC metal 014 ticketed flight from 85 days ago that had my status showing on the BP.
And one day later, they've "fixed" it in the worst possible way.

Issues:
1. The actual distance is 3541. This was an N fare, so I should have 4426.
2. There is no SQD
3. I haven't selected my benefits yet, but there's a 90% chance one will be 100% bonus points for AC flights. This isn't a "flight", so I guarantee I won't get the bonus.
4. It's not a "flight", so it didn't give me any LQM.

Shall I call them back?
yyznomad likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
And one day later, they've "fixed" it in the worst possible way.

Issues:
1. The actual distance is 3541. This was an N fare, so I should have 4426.
2. There is no SQD
3. I haven't selected my benefits yet, but there's a 90% chance one will be 100% bonus points for AC flights. This isn't a "flight", so I guarantee I won't get the bonus.
4. It's not a "flight", so it didn't give me any LQM.

Shall I call them back?
Given that you are one of very few here that many look to for keeping AC quasi-accountable and consistent (well, that's my opinion of how others value your contributions here), yes please CA (since you've already done the HU part).
Aside from that, what a PITA they are making this!
Old Sep 29, 2021, 2:33 pm

I just received another email this afternoon; a member of the Aeroplan team will look into my missing LQMs. I doubt they will do it, but at this point, I would rather take approximately $900 in credit and redo the missing miles on an MR or use towards a regular vacation. It’s just the time spent BIS that cannot be undone.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 2:35 pm

Given that you are one of very few here that many look to for keeping AC quasi-accountable and consistent (well, that's my opinion of how others value your contributions here), yes please CA (since you've already done the HU part).
Aside from that, what a PITA they are making this!
Oh that was totally sarcastic. Of course I'm calling again

~900 SQM, ~4400 LQM, and some number of SQD are missing. ~3800 points will be missing when I select benefits. This is just so unacceptable.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
I just received another email this afternoon; a member of the Aeroplan team will look into my missing LQMs. I doubt they will do it, but at this point, I would rather take approximately $900 in credit and redo the missing miles on an MR or use towards a regular vacation. It’s just the time spent BIS that cannot be undone.
Upthread tl;dr
Remind us again... how many LQM are you missing?
Old Sep 29, 2021, 3:03 pm

About 2500 in LQMs, and about 4K in Elite bonus points. SQDs, SQMs, and SQSs have always posted correctly with no issues.

Upthread tl;dr
Remind us again... how many LQM are you missing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.