Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Aug 27, 2021, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
I've had about 10 flights since, and the flights that were outstanding last week still haven't posted. A couple of new ones have not posted, either.

While I was stuck on the plane last night in YYZ, I managed to dig deeper, and because my mainline flights have increased the MM count, it appears that QK-numbered flights are the source of my missing LQMs.

They post fine in my SQM/SQD/SQS counters as well as Aeroplan activity totals, but keep getting passed over when it comes to LQMs.

So, I guess I will just keep screenshots of my totals and send in the missing amounts once my summer flights are done next week.
I've had recent QK flights that definitely updated my LQM, so I don't think that's it.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
For the YYCYVRHKG trip I took on August 19, only the YYCYVR segment has posted. I've tried to submit missing points requests for the second segment, but it keeps getting denied because of "Passenger name not found." What's the next step for getting the segment posted? I'd call customer support if I was back home. Are there any options that don't involve a long distance call from Hong Kong?
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
For the YYCYVRHKG trip I took on August 19, only the YYCYVR segment has posted. I've tried to submit missing points requests for the second segment, but it keeps getting denied because of "Passenger name not found." What's the next step for getting the segment posted? I'd call customer support if I was back home. Are there any options that don't involve a long distance call from Hong Kong?
If you called, they'd just tell you to email [email protected].

It might take months, if my current case (flight was July 5) is any indication.
King Chung Huang likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Hello Everyone! (It's my first post, even though I've been reading the forums for a while.)

Pre-COVID, I've consistently held E50K status at the minimum. Like many people here, in my Select Benefits, I choose the 50% Elite Bonus Miles. Recently, I took my first flights since COVID and all my miles posted correctly, including my 50% Elite Bonus Miles. However, I noticed the 50% Elite Bonus Miles no longer count towards SQM or LQM. This was certainly not the case pre-COVID and I'm assuming this change is related to the Air Canada / Aeroplan merger and/or re-launch of the Aeroplan program.

Is everyone here seeing the same thing with their Elite Bonus Miles? I have scoured the Air Canada website for any mention in their Terms and Conditions that the Elite Bonus Miles do not count towards SQM or LQM and there is no express mention of it.

If this has indeed changed with the re-launch, it's a major setback towards achieving status each year. :-( Hoping it's just a mistake on my account but thought I'd check here first.

Thanks!
Old Aug 30, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
The bonus miles have not counted towards status as long as I can remember, and I first hit AC*E back in 2009 IIRC.

If they counted for you in the past, consider yourself lucky! It's also possible you're mixing up the class of service bonuses for purchasing a ticket in a higher cabin/fare class, that still exists.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 4:14 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by thegsharpway
Hello Everyone! (It's my first post, even though I've been reading the forums for a while.)
[MENTION=10093351]thegsharpway[/MENTION], you question has been answered by [MENTION=155949]Nitehawk[/MENTION], but I would add welcome to posting on FT

I would also note that a number of FTers (with the hardest work done by [MENTION=599574]canadiancow[/MENTION] ) have put together an online calculator (see this thread) to help calculate what you'll earn from any flights. That can act as a sanity check if you ever run in to an issue like this where you're not sure about what you should have earned.

I will also plug that the database of mileages in that calculator relies on community contributions, so if you've flown any routes for which we don't have the data, feel free to post them there so we can add them
canadiancow and TechnoTourist like this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you called, they'd just tell you to email [email protected].

It might take months, if my current case (flight was July 5) is any indication.
I sent an email this morning at 8:46 AM, and just got a reply a few minutes ago at 9:20 PM that it'll be credited. I already see it online. Just over 12 hours for a response on this one!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I sent an email this morning at 8:46 AM, and just got a reply a few minutes ago at 9:20 PM that it'll be credited. I already see it online. Just over 12 hours for a response on this one!
I'm happy for you, but also jealous.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Should I be emailing requests to update MM LQMs to that address as well? Or, should I fill out a general AC complaint form?

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm happy for you, but also jealous.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 7:53 am

Should I be emailing requests to update MM LQMs to that address as well? Or, should I fill out a general AC complaint form?
I'm not really sure, because I've never had that issue.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:28 am

I'm having the same issue! Not sure who to email either. MM LQM hasn't updated in a few months, and I'm only 25000 away (well, should be less than that now!).
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I will send in a regular complaint form to AC once I have my latest flights updated. In my experience, my mainline AC flights have credited, but my recent Air Canada Express flights have not moved the LQM counter.

Originally Posted by jdj84
I'm having the same issue! Not sure who to email either. MM LQM hasn't updated in a few months, and I'm only 25000 away (well, should be less than that now!).
Old Sep 1, 2021, 5:17 pm

Outbound flights were flown, credited and adjusted by the SQD Discrepancy form a couple weeks ago. My inbound flight had to be changed because of Hurricane Ida, and I had to pay a fare difference. My itinerary seems to have tripped up the cowtool (I think) and it seems more dollars have been added on the original outbound flight, while the inbound flight is showing a different number.
What normally happens to SQD when an inbound flight is later changed? Do they credit the additional fee paid to the total SQD?
Old Sep 2, 2021, 1:03 pm

It took 6 days after the 14 days, but I finally got the SQD for a FP credit that showed as 1 SQD.

Still waiting on SQ* for my LHR-YYZ on July 5 though...
Old Sep 2, 2021, 1:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
What normally happens to SQD when an inbound flight is later changed? Do they credit the additional fee paid to the total SQD?
Note that change fees don't count towards SQD, only base fare + surcharges. So when you say "additional fee", you will only get extra SQD to the extent your base fare + surcharges went up. It's even possible to pay out of pocket for a change yet get fewer SQD (e.g. pay $500 change fee, fare difference -$200, you pay $300 but your SQD goes down by $200).

If the change is made before the outbound is flown, it will get allocated across all segments, since they just pro-rate everything by distance.

If it's made in between the outbound and the inbound, I think I've seen three things happen with the increased cost:
  • Missed altogether and needs to be adjusted
  • Allocated across the whole ticket, but since the outbound flights have posted, the total SQD ends up being too low
  • Allocated only to the inbound (i.e. total SQD is correct)
​​​​
So, consistently inconsistent. But I will caveat this by saying that it has been at least 2 years since I made such a change to a ticket, and at least one of the things I'm thinking of happened in 2016, so these may not be representative of the current situation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.