Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Aug 23, 2021, 4:58 pm

Datapoint: Booking that I flew a couple weeks ago, outbound segment 1 (AC) credited correct SQM and SQD, but outbound segment 2 (UA) credited the correct SQM but lower-than-expected SQD.

The SQD for both segments doesn't seem to add up to the base fare for outbound or as seen in the cowtool... Must be something wrong with the way *A partners are crediting SQD to Aeroplan.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
Datapoint: Booking that I flew a couple weeks ago, outbound segment 1 (AC) credited correct SQM and SQD, but outbound segment 2 (UA) credited the correct SQM but lower-than-expected SQD.

The SQD for both segments doesn't seem to add up to the base fare for outbound or as seen in the cowtool... Must be something wrong with the way *A partners are crediting SQD to Aeroplan.
It's not just partners
MasterTravellr likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:30 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver

*A partners don't credit SQD to Aeroplan. You only earn SQD on partner flights when ticketed by AC, so whatever the issue is in calculating it, it's on AC's side, and AC sometimes has issues with SQD on tickets on its own metal. The good news is that AC is usually pretty quick at correcting SQD issues if you write in.

By the way, if any of these flights were for routes not currently in the calculator, feel free to report them in the calculator thread and we'll add them to the database (assuming the fares earned at least 100% miles)
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:41 pm

A stupid question from me:
If the fare purchased was Flex, and seg 1 operated by AC was credited at 100% SQM, and seg 2 was operated by UA (flight was invol changed and rebooked by AC as "Economy Discounted - L"), is it normal for my second segment was only credited 50% SQM? Shouldn't I get the 100% under the Flex fare purchased?
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:46 pm

No, because Flex L on AC credits 100%, but Flex doesn't exist on UA, and L earns 50%.

If you want 100% on UA operated flights, you need W or higher.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:51 pm

Ah... interesting. The original segments were both G and paid for flex, so I assumed I'd get 100% SQM...
Old Aug 23, 2021, 6:52 pm

Ah... interesting. The original segments were both G and paid for flex, so I assumed I'd get 100% SQM...
UA G also credits 50%.

If the original had been V, you'd have a good argument, but you went from 50% to 50%.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: AC SE
AC Standard fares crediting 25% vs 50%

I was under the impression that ACís Standard fares should be crediting 50% SQM on AC metal, correct? Had a recent flight where it only credited 25%. Have others encountered this issue? In prior years, domestic flights credited at 25% for standard, but it looks like it was moved to 50% SQM in 2021. Ticket was both purchased and flown in 2021.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:59 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by gcashin
I was under the impression that ACís Standard fares should be crediting 50% SQM on AC metal, correct? Had a recent flight where it only credited 25%. Have others encountered this issue? In prior years, domestic flights credited at 25% for standard, but it looks like it was moved to 50% SQM in 2021. Ticket was both purchased and flown in 2021.
Standard fares earn 25% SQM on Domestic flights, 50% SQM on TB/INTL.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 11:36 pm

I want to preface this with the fact that I was out drinking tonight.

But I was 100% sure gcashin was correct about the new earnings.

I'm now 100% sure the website agrees with WesternCDN.

My hunch is that they changed their plans. And I will definitely have evidence of that within 24h if it happened.
gcashin and WesternCDN like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:28 am

This section of the website shows 50% and specifically says that as of 2021, you earn SQM consistently across the AC Network regardless of where you are flying.

Link: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ification.html

Originally Posted by WesternCDN
Standard fares earn 25% SQM on Domestic flights, 50% SQM on TB/INTL.
That was the prior accrual amounts from 2020 and before, but AC had published that it had changed to 50% for all markets as of 2021.
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 25, 2021 at 11:47 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:34 am

This section of the website shows 50% and specifically says that as of 2021, you earn SQM consistently across the AC Network regardless of where you are flying.
And then, there is this page.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ir-canada.html

So much for consistent earning across the network.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
And then, there is this page.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ir-canada.html

So much for consistent earning across the network.
Yeah, so part of the website says 50% for standard fares and advertises consistent earning across the network. The other section says 25% domestic, 50% Intl.

Consistently inconsistent, I guess?
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:56 am

Consistently inconsistent, I guess?
I wouldn't expect anything less.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I've had about 10 flights since, and the flights that were outstanding last week still haven't posted. A couple of new ones have not posted, either.

While I was stuck on the plane last night in YYZ, I managed to dig deeper, and because my mainline flights have increased the MM count, it appears that QK-numbered flights are the source of my missing LQMs.

They post fine in my SQM/SQD/SQS counters as well as Aeroplan activity totals, but keep getting passed over when it comes to LQMs.

So, I guess I will just keep screenshots of my totals and send in the missing amounts once my summer flights are done next week.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Try refreshing. I just looked at my activity page, and my Friday flights weren't there. Then I looked at my LQM counter, and it didn't match what I expected based on pre-Friday. It matched what I expected post-Friday. Then I went back to my activity page, and Friday's flights were there.

And 1150 SQD for a ticket that cost 622 after tax

Last edited by TTC900Rocket; Aug 27, 2021 at 10:30 am Reason: Typo corrected

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.