Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: Air Canada 75K 1MM, Qatar Gold, IHG
Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
Thanks for doing the work. That would be accurate with my experience. My QK flights from last week aren't accruing, but my AC mainline flights are showing fine.
Did they say that when it's fixed it'll automatically be added, or will we need to chase them down?
He said all errors would be corrected without members having to ask. He did not say how long that might take. He was simply relaying a message he got from Air Canada. He said MM program is not in Aeroplan's control . Have to say, I was more than happy to get a personal call from Aeroplan having done the leg work on my behalf.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 3:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: House MD, How I Met Your Mother...
Over the past few weeks, many segments are not automatically posting for me on the aeroplan tracker. Nothing shows up, no increase in SQx. The webform is no help, all requests are rejected because "this flight has already been credited."

Called Aeroplan, agent confirmed that they have had this problem with a lot of accounts. Told me to email [email protected], but after reading the replies in this thread, it makes me doubt whether these segments will credit by the end of November in time to take advantage of the elevate your status promotion.

Overall pretty disappointed.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 4:45 am

On a somewhat related note, is there some email contact for Aeroplan? I couldn't find it.

Tried retro credit for an Air India ticket, but the request wasn't approved because " This flight is not eligible for credit because the ticket was not flown or it was exchanged."
I very much flew the flight, so I'd like to get in touch with a human and send my boarding pass in.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan, ShebaMiles, SkyMiles
[email protected] is supposed to be the contact email for missing aeroplan credits - And getting credited is apparently based on luck as you have to hope the person actually reads the email and doesn't just run your info through the same online tool that is rejecting your claim to begin with.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 5:31 am

Thanks for the quick response!

I ran it through the online tool myself for the second time and it worked now?! So I got the credits after all.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:57 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Due to a partial AeroLotto win, I recently had a PNR divided partway through a trip (at YUL, full itinerary YYC-YUL-BOS-YYZ-YYC).

My wife's miles for YYC-YUL-BOS posted fine*. I've received YUL-BOS, but not YYC-YUL. I'm guessing it's probably not going to credit unless and until I write in.

Anyone else experienced this before?

*Well, SQD looks too low, but I think that's a separate issue.
When I submitted a missing points request for this flight just now, points credit instantly. So at least I didn't have to go through a lot of hassle to get them.

Now to sort out the SQD problem.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
When I submitted a missing points request for this flight just now, points credit instantly. So at least I didn't have to go through a lot of hassle to get them.

Now to sort out the SQD problem.
Which is a big problem. I am waiting on a number of them...
Old Oct 27, 2021, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Well uh here's a new one...

Notice anything missing? Let's compare to the outbound...

So I got the points and the SQD, but not the SQM/SQS/COS
WannabeSE likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2MM, bonvoy titanium lifetime, united silver
Interesting I have identical issue on an October 21 to 25 yyz to doh return . Everything there on outbound but not return and to make matters worse no bonus on return weird and annoying
Old Oct 27, 2021, 1:42 pm

I'm not too concerned until a week's passed, but I've just never seen this before.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2MM, bonvoy titanium lifetime, united silver
Same here and to make it even stranger just checked with work colleague who joined me on both legs and he received sqm sqs and bonus for both segments
Old Oct 28, 2021, 4:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, ShebaMiles, SkyMiles
I'm missing credits for some TATL segments on AC metal that were purchased in Latitude (B), but upgraded via SAUA. Of course, the upgraded AC segments ended up being split off onto their own E-ticket numbers. No matter what I do, I can't seem to get an AC person to look at the situation - even when submitting via the [email protected] email, I just get an automated email back a few days later saying "booking class not eligible". (I've done it twice now)

Am I missing something? My understanding is that I should earn miles based off of the original purchased fare - in this case, Latitude (B).

Should I just keep submitting again and again until someone actually reads the email and looks at the information (and doesn't just plug the e-ticket number into the online tool)?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
Does SQS and SQM post a different times?

Just had one of my YYC-YVR trips post as SQD and base miles, but nothing posted for SQS or SQM...
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by WannabeSE
Does SQS and SQM post a different times?

Just had one of my YYC-YVR trips post as SQD and base miles, but nothing posted for SQS or SQM...
Just got the same for 2/4 flights 2 days ago (1 hasn't posted yet). The 3rd flight posted correctly. I was going to give it another couple of days. I haven't checked the MM update yet.
WannabeSE likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
So I got the points and the SQD, but not the SQM/SQS/COS
And today, the SE bonus posted. But still no SQM/SQS/COS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.