Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old May 17, 2021, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points - including elite bonus points), and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan, November 2020 onwards)

Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFiasco
Glad that I'm not the only one. I hate to be special....

I sent a note to the Superelite e-mail address today, with a request to forward it to whom it may concern.
Can you keep us posted? Iím not special enough to be SE.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM; Bonvoy Tit; Accor Dia
Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
Can you keep us posted? Iím not special enough to be SE.
LOL. Yes, I will happily do so.

BTW, if you read upstream, around the August 14th mark, there are reports of the same. It seems to be a persistent issue with their database. At least it's not a new bug we're discovering (and have to prove...).
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:07 pm

Programs: AC E75K
My missing bonus miles showed up today, too. My LQM counter hasn't moved on both my QK flights recently and don't know who to ask to have it fixed...

I sent a note to the Superelite e-mail address today, with a request to forward it to whom it may concern.
Ugh so now there's an issue with the LQM counter? I haven't kept a close eye for a while so am not even sure how to know whether something is missing. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Ugh so now there's an issue with the LQM counter? I haven't kept a close eye for a while so am not even sure how to know whether something is missing. Any suggestions?
Sure. Track your mileage.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:58 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Sure. Track your mileage.
Jeeze that's helpful.

1) I already said I haven't been "keeping a close eye" on the LQM counter so my question was about what I can do now, not what I should have done in hindsight.
2) Is it too much to expect a company to maintain its product's reliability such that where customers don't need to keep a back-up version?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 16, 2021 at 12:26 am Reason: Remove off topic portion
Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:34 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
1) I already said I haven't been "keeping a close eye" on the LQM counter so my question was about what I can do now, not what I should have done in hindsight.
AC's not very transparent about LQM. If you haven't been keeping track, there's really nothing you can do. You can write in, but without something concrete to complain about, I'm not sure how much attention your complaint will get.

2) Is it too much to expect a company to maintain its product's reliability such that where customers don't need to keep a back-up version?
No, but this is AC we're talking about. They're not exactly known for excellence in this field.

I would also note that AC is far from the only loyalty program that has to be watched carefully. In the past few months, I've also had to write or call in to BA, Air Miles, and PC Optimum about points missing from various transactions. Many people don't pay much attention to these things, and probably never notice. If you're going to care about maximizing what you get out of these programs, including lifetime status with AC, you have to keep a close eye on everything.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
AC's not very transparent about LQM. If you haven't been keeping track, there's really nothing you can do. You can write in, but without something concrete to complain about, I'm not sure how much attention your complaint will get.

No, but this is AC we're talking about. They're not exactly known for excellence in this field.

I would also note that AC is far from the only loyalty program that has to be watched carefully. In the past few months, I've also had to write or call in to BA, Air Miles, and PC Optimum about points missing from various transactions. Many people don't pay much attention to these things, and probably never notice. If you're going to care about maximizing what you get out of these programs, including lifetime status with AC, you have to keep a close eye on everything.
I'm hesitant to say the name of the airline in front of you, but there's another airline that I'm waiting for flights from May to post.

But I agree. If you care, keep track.

There isn't an airline I've attempted to credit to more than twice that I haven't had to complain about missing miles.

When it comes to LQM on AC, I have an estimate from 2009, and I have my own records from after that. Everything in the past 12 years is in a spreadsheet, and if anything doesn't match, I write in.

I've had to write in about a LOT of LQM over the years, but it's all worked out in the end.

Just make sure you have evidence. And keep track.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 7:31 pm

​​​​​
Not much else you can do beside keeping a spreadsheet, I'm afraid. If you don't want to do the daily count, you could keep track of quarterly counts, but, really, it's still a pain. There's probably little you can do forensically, unless you have a reliable base number from the past from which to work forward. I agree with you that it shouldn't be necessary but at the moment the numbers are all over the place, especially when you collect Aeroplan points from multiple sources.

Between FlightDiary and a spreadsheet, I do keep track of everything including SQM, SQD, LQM, e-credits, FINs and seats (... much to the amusement of my wife). It's more of a hobby but it has helped a couple of times. And it produces nice charts....

Hope you're not out LQM. They're hard enough to get as it is, with most promotions being ineligible.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:42 am

Hey! Did the SE desk ever reply about the missing LQM in the counter? Not sure if it's an overall tech issue or an individual issue I need to email them to credit manually. The base SQM and Elite SQM have all posted, albeit quite delayed.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:58 am

Hey! Did the SE desk ever reply about the missing LQM in the counter? Not sure if it's an overall tech issue or an individual issue I need to email them to credit manually. The base SQM and Elite SQM have all posted, albeit quite delayed.
Only an acknowledgement of my submission and "we'll get back to you".
So far, the LQMs are still out.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:12 am

It's definitely not "overall", as I've had a bunch of mainline/Jazz flights, cash and FP, and they've all posted LQM properly.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 3:27 pm

Only an acknowledgement of my submission and "we'll get back to you".
So far, the LQMs are still out.
I've emailed Super Elite 4 times over the past month. Twice, about some missing segments going back to May that they will haven't corrected - They've responded to that one, saying it's been escalated. The first reminder email was a month ago, as it's well past the 10 weeks they said, and still haven't received a response. Emailed again a few days ago, and was told it was sent through to Aeroplan yet again... still nothing. Sent two other emails to Super Elite, as I didn't get the SQM and SQS from my Business Visa at the beginning of September, missing LQM, some priority rewards just disappeared, and a few other things going on in my account... and haven't received a reply.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 9:33 am

My last flight (Sep 23) now posted for SQS, SQD and bonus miles, but not for SQM and LQM. The bonus miles are 63, when it should be 125 (100% on a Standard short-haul).
Conversely, my second-to-last flight (Sep 21) has not yet posted.

I'm getting a bald spot on my dome from all the head-scratching.

Out of curiosity, when you folks check your Aeroplan activity online - what is the maximum number of entries you can retrieve?

My total has been stuck at 94 (sometimes 95) from the beginning. No matter what date range I choose - it can be less but not more than 95.

Last edited by FlyingFiasco; Sep 25, 2021 at 9:41 am
Old Sep 25, 2021, 9:56 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
No SQM or SQD for my UFP installment this month.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 11:03 am

My last flight (Sep 23) now posted for SQS, SQD and bonus miles, but not for SQM and LQM. The bonus miles are 63, when it should be 125 (100% on a Standard short-haul).
Conversely, my second-to-last flight (Sep 21) has not yet posted.

I'm getting a bald spot on my dome from all the head-scratching.

Out of curiosity, when you folks check your Aeroplan activity online - what is the maximum number of entries you can retrieve?

My total has been stuck at 94 (sometimes 95) from the beginning. No matter what date range I choose - it can be less but not more than 95.
I also didnít get credited for my Sept 21 flights, but got my Sept 22 flights from the same booking.

I also canít go back very far in my transactions. I donít have the number but it only goes back to August 6, so itís very difficult to figure out if youíve been credited properly for things when they do it months later.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.